Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think Alexis Davis works better with "bad boys"

I have a hand full of characters that I can call my favorites and Alexis Davis is one of them. However, over the years people have criticized her romantic pairings saying that she picks horrible men, which is why she has no room to judge Sam or Kristina's relationship choices, and have always wanted her with a good guy...now they gave her Niel, literally the epitome of a good guy and ya know what? I'm bored.

Jerry Jacks, Ric Lansing, Shawn Butler, and lastly Julian Jerome...they all challenged Alexis to who she WANTS to be (a morally upstanding person) but at her core, she's drawn to a man who has some darkness in him...this is why I Julexis was perfect. Julian was to Alexis what Valentin is to Nina...a man who was willing to walk the path of darkness but the love for his family kept him from going too far...that is until TPTB made him go too far. Alexis' passion and fire was and still is brought out with Julian and the other men listed above...because to her? They're "wrong", they go against everything she believes in and that's what she likes. There's a darkness in her that seeks to find someone else with that same darkness. That fight against the darkneas, the push and pull of it, is what I've always loved about her pairings.

Finn was fun, but I enjoy their platonic friendship more than their FWB situation. And this thing with Neil...it's a dud, there's no passion, no fire, no deep seeded "I want you but I know you can be bad for me" conflict. They need to spice Neil up by giving him a dark past, a split personality, SOMETHING or just put Alexis back with Julian (I know there are still some Julexis'ers like me out there).

It may be unpopular but I agree. It is part of who Alexis is, It’s like her fatal flaw. And Neil has turned out to be kind of dull.

Comment

• Chris
      Chris
      Board Regular
      Chris commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never seen the slightest heat between them. I like Neil, but not for Alexis. OP is right; Julian is the man for her!

• Butterfly2018
      Butterfly2018
      Day Player
      Butterfly2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      I disagree. Every time Julian lies to her and she believes him she just looks more and more stupid. I'm glad she finally found a man whose boot isn't on her neck. The writing for Julexis is beyond misogynist at this point and it's always the woman (Maxie, Anna, NIna) who wind up looking stupid. Over and over again.

I like Neil. He's moody, obviously has demons like Alexis and I've enjoyed their writing so far. I like their chemistry and the actors work great together. JF was hired specifically for NLG and the two tested together.along with other actors going out for the role. He was by far the best and everyone's choice. I just wish they got more focus but their writing is actually some of the show's best.

Julian just keeps getting paired with younger and younger women at this point. That seems to be what he wants now. A woman who will accept his lies and just look the other way.

I agree! Alexis is a Cassadine so I feel it’s in her blood to be attracted more to bad boys. She tries for the healthy relationship because the bad boy relationships blow up on her but she can’t help herself since she get bored with the good guys.

Comment

It's not unpopular. I'm a big Julexis fan! And I kind of enjoyed her with Shawn too. I wasn't watching when she was with Jerry or Ric but I saw some clips and there is spark with each of them. Sorry Neil... No spark there, you're as dead and spark free as a dead car battery. (And Julian suffered through his own forced chemistry-free pairing too with that cold dead fish Kim Nero). Julian brings Alexis to life. He still makes her face light up when she sees him, and she can't help herself. It's automatic. The writers need to stop inventing ways to keep them apart.

It all started with his unbelievable and ridiculous ONS with Liv and her forced insertion into their relationship. The destruction of Julexis never let up from there and got worse as time went on.
      Despite multiple teases by the writers letting true fans fall for fall for multiple false starts, it's time to FINALLY fix Julexis! Fans have waited for 4 years already (maybe 5 by now. I've lost count)

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
        OLTLBoomer
        Aspiring soap scribe
        OLTLBoomer commented
        Editing a comment
        The ONS did not break up JuLexis - it was the blackmail by his own sister Olivia Jerome that caused the break up. Julian has his faults, just like Alexis. But together, wow. I think they make each other better, despite protestation from the children.

• jodyb22
        jodyb22
        Scriptwriter
        jodyb22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't say the ONS broke the up. My comment refers to the completely ridiculous ONS (and Olivia injecting herself into their marriage AFTER she tried to so hard to keep Julian away from that kid) was the beginning of the destructive writing for Julexis and it just got worse from there.

They haven't developed any relationship with Alexis and Neil. They were intriguing to me when she was in therapy with him and they were fighting their feelings. The elevator scene was excellent then they finally admitted their attraction to one another and stopped therapy. After that, pretty much nothing, a flashback of a lame date, a kiss, then nothing....until he revealed he was in trouble with the board. A run-in in Ny, a quick tryst and that's all we got. They have the chemistry but tptb hasn't shown us a relationship.

Comment

• eileenregina
        eileenregina
        Contract Poster
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have hope for them as a couple because I like Alexis with Neil. They actually stopped developing his character right after that great scene last year of him breaking down in the elevator because it was the anniversary of his daughter's death. One thing I do know, I positively do not want a JuLexis reunion. I don't find abuse either physically or emotionally ,attractive unless you are doing a story about an abusive relationship that points out the reality of it. This romanasicing of dysfunction is disturbing.

Originally posted by Anna74 View Post
      It may be unpopular but I agree. It is part of who Alexis is, It’s like her fatal flaw. And Neil has turned out to be kind of dull.
      Neil is as dull as a butter knife. 🔪

Comment

I love Alexis and Neil, so may be on my own here, but the men who I love her with the most were Jax, then Neil, then Ned.

I loved the smoulder of the competing attorneys that turned to love, but although Ric starts these great relationships, I hate when he goes back to evil.
      I loved the smoulder of Alexis and Julian, but am really glad that although her body yearns for him that she hasn't gone back to him since he held her mother's knife to her throat, with cruelty way beyond what Liv could have ordered.

I love when her quirky self opens up to her male best friends. It's the part of her that I love the most.
      believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Last edited by believeinme246; May 5, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• eileenregina
        eileenregina
        Contract Poster
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        ITA - I love them. I don't find Neil dull in the least but I do find the mob boss Sonny boring.

I actually loved her her and Sonny as a couple more then TB Carly back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeWriteSoapz View Post
        I have a hand full of characters that I can call my favorites and Alexis Davis is one of them. However, over the years people have criticized her romantic pairings saying that she picks horrible men, which is why she has no room to judge Sam or Kristina's relationship choices, and have always wanted her with a good guy...now they gave her Niel, literally the epitome of a good guy and ya know what? I'm bored.

Jerry Jacks, Ric Lansing, Shawn Butler, and lastly Julian Jerome...they all challenged Alexis to who she WANTS to be (a morally upstanding person) but at her core, she's drawn to a man who has some darkness in him...this is why I Julexis was perfect. Julian was to Alexis what Valentin is to Nina...a man who was willing to walk the path of darkness but the love for his family kept him from going too far...that is until TPTB made him go too far. Alexis' passion and fire was and still is brought out with Julian and the other men listed above...because to her? They're "wrong", they go against everything she believes in and that's what she likes. There's a darkness in her that seeks to find someone else with that same darkness. That fight against the darkneas, the push and pull of it, is what I've always loved about her pairings.

Finn was fun, but I enjoy their platonic friendship more than their FWB situation. And this thing with Neil...it's a dud, there's no passion, no fire, no deep seeded "I want you but I know you can be bad for me" conflict. They need to spice Neil up by giving him a dark past, a split personality, SOMETHING or just put Alexis back with Julian (I know there are still some Julexis'ers like me out there).
        Great post. All the great soap couples had a bad boy who tried to go straight for the love of a woman..at least the ones I swooned over used that formula. NLG and WdV did It better than most, and GH threw it all away which still mystifies me. It was like chopping of the head of the golden goose. I think it is way past time to bring Alexis and julian back into each other's lives and let the haters hate while their fans enjoy them.
        Thalia1
        Executive Poster
        Last edited by Thalia1; May 5, 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• eileenregina
          eileenregina
          Contract Poster
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, but bringing JuLexis together again makes Alexis look like a weak person who can get past the horrific things done to her by Julian, which is typical of an abuse victim with no spine or self-esteem. I am tired of redeeming "bad guys" on these shows. I am probably much older than you and have been watching soaps for decades - great couples did not always feature "bad boys" who went straight unless it was someone possibly from the wrong side of town who wanted to better himself for his lady love or a guy who may have hung around with the wrong crowd. Female abusers such as Luke Spencer (rapist) Sonny Corinthos (too many to type but his use of the words whore and slut hurled at one time or another to a woman he is involved with) or Todd Manning (gang rape)were not the usual "bad boys" in those times. Neither was a man holding a knife to someone's throat or trying to run them down with a car, considered a "great couples" pairing.

• Chris
          Chris
          Board Regular
          Chris commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 to all you wrote! Where can we sign a petition? *L*

• jodyb22
          jodyb22
          Scriptwriter
          jodyb22 commented
          Editing a comment
          You know I got your back on this
          Thalia1
          Executive Poster
          Thalia1. Reunite them and Let the haters FF through them like I have to do with 90% of the couples on this show

Originally posted by jodyb22 View Post
        It's not unpopular. I'm a big Julexis fan! And I kind of enjoyed her with Shawn too. I wasn't watching when she was with Jerry or Ric but I saw some clips and there is spark with each of them. Sorry Neil... No spark there, you're as dead and spark free as a dead car battery. (And Julian suffered through his own forced chemistry-free pairing too with that cold dead fish Kim Nero). Julian brings Alexis to life. He still makes her face light up when she sees him, and she can't help herself. It's automatic. The writers need to stop inventing ways to keep them apart.

It all started with his unbelievable and ridiculous ONS with Liv and her forced insertion into their relationship. The destruction of Julexis never let up from there and got worse as time went on.
        Despite multiple teases by the writers letting true fans fall for fall for multiple false starts, it's time to FINALLY fix Julexis! Fans have waited for 4 years already (maybe 5 by now. I've lost count)
        Once they introduced the "Sam is Alexis' daughter" line I couldn't wait to see who they would make her father and Julian Jerome was the PERFECT character. It explains so much as a character, the daughter of a Cassadine AND a mob family, danger is in her blood!

Comment

Wait so Neil and Alexis have a healthy relationship? It's a different kind of bad boy situation than she's had before.

I loved Julexis back in the day but the writers went scorched earth on them and there's no way to reunite them imo that doesn't make Alexis look both stupid and spineless. Only so many times she can accept his lies, trust him, he violates that trust and it comes crashing down. I was pushing for Julexis from day one but to me they are ruined. There's no way to write them that doesn't strip away the fundamental characteristics of Alexis. She's A LOT more than just someone who likes bad boys. Just like Valentin said she's more than just her career as a lawyer.

I like Nelexis. He's smart, sexy and brooding. Character development isn't one of this show's strongpoints. Both talented actors who know that acting doesn't begin and end with the lines in a script. And love the beard.

Comment

I never liked her with Sonny or Julian she was unwatchable with Julian. I prefer her with Jax or Neil. I think the part of her that is drawn to danger is like Sam and it’s not fun to watch.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X