Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franco telling Liz shes not a real artist !!!!!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franco telling Liz shes not a real artist !!!!!

That was a jerk thing to do. An then leaving her to go be with Ava or whatever

I honestly wasn't paying attention to their conversation - but Liz is 100 times the artist that he will EVER be.

And deserves so much better than the serial killer that kidnapped her son

What a fake, forced, awkward, contrived relationship

Comment

• regalbeagle
      regalbeagle commented
      Editing a comment
      Liz is a much better person than Franco but she's not a much better artist. Art is about producing work that inspires a strong reaction in people. We've never been shown Liz doing that. We've been shown Franco doing that many times.

• ScrubsFan#1
      ScrubsFan#1 commented
      Editing a comment
      A man who murders people - and uses their remains in his artwork - to sell for profit is a MONSTER.

Liz could paint a SMILEY FACE on a plain white canvas to make people happy - and to ME - be a million times more inspirational.

• LukeIsDaMan
      LukeIsDaMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Franco/Liz and I enjoyed the conversation they had...it was a very realistic argument between husband and wife so I appreciated. I don't think they are forced IMO. And I will go as far as to say...I don't think any of Liz's pairings have felt forced...even the ones I hated, LOL!

But it's the truth, isn't it?

They were talking about the art world and how it works for artists. Liz knows nothing about that world. She is an artist, but she's not like Franco. She hasn't held shows or sold her work. Her saying she doesn't care about recognition or selling her work made no sense b/c she has never even attempted to do any of those things.

I thought it was a realistic fight. Franco immediately felt bad, and I don't think he was trying to put her down but there is a difference btw them as artists . . . . at least IMO there is.

Comment

• NolaAnn
      NolaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally agree with you. I don't think Liz even finished getting her degree in art. She abandoned her art years ago. I have no sympathy for my girl Liz feeling upset that Franco wants to capitalize on his serial killer years and that art. Face it Liz, you married a SERIAL KILLER. It is who he is, and always will be. Reason why I hate that she chose to be with him, and now wants everyone to simply forget about it.

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      OLTLBoomer - Exactly! That's how I took the scene too. He wasn't taking away from her artistry or talent, but it is different from him and what he has does. He is a prof'l artist. He has primarily made a living off his art. Liz has not done that, and that's all he was saying!

NolaAnn - I like Friz, but I do agree w/you about Liz coming to terms w/the fact that she married a reformed serial killer. I love Franco, but he will never be able to shed his past, nor should he. I think he should be judged for who he is now, but even as a fan, I'm not going to deny what he has done. If some want to hate him forever, that's well w/in their rights. If they want to buy his art b/c of his past, that's fine too!

I like that Franco has moved past trying to get others to absolve him or ignore his past. That's a waste of time. He can only live his life now and make better choices

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys get Franco wants to do documentary on himself, and get paid. It wasn't really about art. But NolaAnn, yes Liz finished art school, she was a paid/working artist when she met Ric and before that an artist who waited tables at Kellys. She held shows and when married to Ric ONLY did art. But when she had Cam, she enrolled in nursing school and became a nurse. Explaining she couldn't count on art to provide for her son and needed steady income to give him what he deserved.

No they aren't the same kind of artists, thankfully Liz has never felt so inclined to create art based off of murders but she's still an artist. I don't think you have to do art shows in order to be an artist. He sounded like typical jerky Franco.
    Shelly, Moderator
    soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

But that's specifically what they were arguing about. They were arguing about art shows and selling art. I'm sorry, but Liz doesn't know anything about that world b/c she's never been in it. He was just telling her that his past sells. She wants ppl to forget his past. He understands and accepts that that's never going to happen, so why not benefit from it? If ppl are more interested in his art and willing to pay for his past and current pieces b/c he was a serial killer, then he's fine w/that b/c it brings in money for Cameron and the boys to go to college one day. I don't understand her issue.

Many here have complained about Franco wanting absolution or ppl to forget about his crimes, and now he's saying done w/that. He's just living his life, and I'm fine w/that.

Comment

• Laura Luke
        Laura Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought serial killers couldnt benefit monitarily from their crimes . ? But I guess "it's a soap is that answer "

Why on earth would Liz WANT to emulate an "artist" who had to MURDER innocent people - and use them in his "artwork" to get famous and gain recognition??? Not every artist does their work for fame. Some do it as a release after a hard day - something to relax and inspire them. Something to look back on months later - and maybe try something different to improve their craft. Maybe Liz is proud of the work she has done for herself - and that is ENOUGH.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shellyinphx - I can see that. I think he was more blunt and spoke very directly. He realized how it sounded so he apologized. You will disagree, but I honestly don't think he intended to offend her. He was just stating facts. She is not a prof'l artist, so she can't really speak to how the art world works. She can offer an opinion, but at the end of the day, he knows that world best.

I think this highlights Liz's unconscious discomfort w/her choice in a life partner. It seems to me that Liz has not accepted that her husband is a reformed serial killer who will never shed his past. That's really her issue, not Franco's. Liz chose to get involved w/Franco and marry him. She should have known and accepted that his past will always be a part of him. I don't think she has done that. And, again, that's on her, not Franco.

ScrubsFan#1 - I know you don't care for them, and Franco knows he put his foot in his mouth. He apologized to her. At the end of the day, Liz is really upset b/c she knows he's right. She's not the artist she once set out to be. Maybe this will inspire her to actually do something w/her art. Who knows? I enjoyed their scenes today, and tomorrow looks good for the both of them too.

• Shellyinphx
        Shellyinphx commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally love that Liz chose to be a nurse and take care of her kids instead of pursuing her art degree. Yeah, murder money could help her kids a lot but I don't blame her for not being excited about it

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shellyinphx - She's only not excited b/c Ava brought up Franco's past. She wants his past forgotten. That's not realistic or fair. As many have stated on this board, Franco's past will never be forgotten. Franco knows and accepts that. Liz hasn't. If this show were decent, they'd explore this issue but I doubt they will.

I didn't watch the show but it sounds like they are trying to contrive some angst between them to give them a story and throw Ava/Nicholas in the mix.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
        TeamLuRe commented
        Editing a comment
        Contrived is a good description.

Well if Liz were a real artist then she wouldn’t be in scrubs.

And Franco’s comment that Liz made him better is bull. Franco changed when the tumor was removed. He was on the right path with Nina so it wasn’t entirely Liz.

If the fight was just for angst then then I am glad. Franco is so boring with Liz. His has a better dynamic when he is with Ava. I loved Franco hugging Ava.

Plus. Franco accepts himself and his past.
      Last edited by DallasGal; May 4, 2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed!

I love that Franco accepts himself and his past. The reality is Liz really doesn't. That's her issue though, not Franco's.

The Frava scenes were excellent. If Friz ever break up, I'd love to see Frava!

• Shellyinphx
        Shellyinphx commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think Franco was ever a starving artist either

• c83gilles
        c83gilles commented
        Editing a comment
        Liz is a nurse because she had Cam and knew realistically what it would take to support him. Being a “starving artist” isn’t ideal when you are a single mother.

No she does not make every man shes with boring. Liz and Nikolas (especially played by Tyler) was multi layered, exciting, fun, and dramatic. Hell, I even enjoyed her with Jason in their early years. Loved her with Ric, Drew, and Lucky. But this Franco relationship makes absolutely no sense for the Liz character. I wish the writers would put an end to this domesticated Franco and nurse Liz farce. Franco should becwith Ava. Their chemistry is so obvious to me. And them as a couple has lots of story potential.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like Friz, but being w/Liz has pretty much neutered Franco. With Carly, Nina, and Ava, he can be more "free." With Liz, the writers have to make him pretty much a saint b/c Liz (and the fanbase) won't tolerate anything less. I wish she were more tolerant of his "bad" side.

• MorganFamValues
        MorganFamValues commented
        Editing a comment
        Liz is a snoozefest in all of her pairings because she's always painted (no pun intended) as a Damsel in Distress and she plays into it, except for when she's being a passive aggressive b÷tch.

Liz shouldn't have been paired with Franco for the simple fact that he's a damn rapist no matter what rewrite has been thrown at us. What a slap in the face to her entire history.

• c83gilles
        c83gilles commented
        Editing a comment
        Franco has to be a saint with Liz because she has 3 children. It’s why Liz and Jason weren’t going to work - it boxes a couple in the corner when children are involved. It looks stupid to have one or both characters live on the wild side *coughJasamcough*

But the writers thought it was worth changing the Franco character around, and RH has done a great job with it.

Franco made a legitimate statement - he chose to be an artist as a career while Liz’ art is a hobby. Franco was on point today, his past will always follow him and as an artist, why not capitalize on it?? Geez he can probably pay for all of “her boys” college tuitions with that one project he was discussing. She chose life with him so let him be who he is/was !!

I saw the goody judgey Liz today. It was not pretty (IMHO).

Comment

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Franco hasn't been a professional artist - if that's what you call posing dead bodies - in 10 years.

He let Ava sell some of his old paintings to make money and pay off his victim's relatives.

He just started again to make money.

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        december rose - Yes, he hasn't worked as an artist professionally in a while, but I think he's starting to work again. I like him as an artist and hope they show him in his studio like they used to.

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        To me, the fact that he hasn't been working as an artist for the past 10 years makes his remark to Liz all the more condescending.

Didn't Franco claim that his muse came from his tumor? He hasn't been able to paint since it was removed.

And now he wants to go back to that kind of art?

I guess it wasn't the tumor that made him do it.

Originally posted by cadreamin' View Post
      Franco made a legitimate statement - he chose to be an artist as a career while Liz’ art is a hobby. Franco was on point today, his past will always follow him and as an artist, why not capitalize on it?? Geez he can probably pay for all of “her boys” college tuitions with that one project he was discussing. She chose life with him so let him be who he is/was !!

I saw the goody judgey Liz today. It was not pretty (IMHO).
      But instead of discussing their issues he ran to away and asked Ava her for a hug

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        He did not run away. He was meeting with a paying customer instead of continuing an argument that wasn't going anywhere.

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        Franco asked Ava for the hug under the guise it was for him; it wasn’t. He knew Ava was upset and needed the hug —it was for her benefit. I thought it was sweet of him.

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        He didn't run away! LOL! He apologized and told her he had to go meet Ava to finish her portrait. Franco is only trying to get money to help put ELIZABETH'S kids through college. He cares a lot about her kids, and Liz should be happy he does.

DallasGal - Exactly. Ava was upset so Franco asked for a hug. They are friends. I saw no issue w/that scene.
        Last edited by lala214; May 4, 2020, 08:10 PM.

Franco oh so willing to profit off the murdering and tormenting he did just proves he's never felt true remorse. He only cares that what he did makes people hate him or give him a hard time. Any man that was truly sorry wouldn't be able to stomach 'blood money' Disgusting.

As for his comment to Liz. It was a belittling comment. Anyone that knows Liz well knows that art is something she loves. It's a part of her, even if she chose a different path in life to provide for her kids. To make matters worse, he leaves to go hug Ava. What an ass!

I only wish this was the beginning of the end for this trash pairing, but I doubt it. Liz is there to prop prop prop.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        bekah23 - If I thought that was her issue, I'd agree but that is NOT her issue. She simply wants Franco's past FORGOTTEN. She doesn't want it mentioned or raised b/c she cannot accept it. That is the more interesting story here - does Liz really accept Franco? It's clear she actually doesn't.

As far as making money off his past is concerned - well, if someone is going to make money off him, why shouldn't it be him? It's his past. If more ppl buy his work b/c he's a former serial killer, then I'm just not seeing the issue. He can't erase his past and NOT be a serial killer. That's not how it works. If he wants to create art now and ppl buy it b/c he used to be a serial killer, Franco cannot stop them or do anything about that. It is what it is.

• bekah23
        bekah23 commented
        Editing a comment
        lala214 Why shouldn't it be him? Because HE is the one that caused the damage. It doesn't matter the excuse. He did it. He shouldn't profit from it. Sure he can do something about it. Don't sell his art. Suck it up. Consequences of being a serial killer. He has a good job at the hospital. He's damn lucky to have that job. He doesn't need to make money off his art. Bottom line. He wants to and he doesn't care that he'd be profiting off the suffering he caused. Just like he said. He's over it.

I seriously don't understand this line of thinking of Elizabeth accepting his past. The only thing she needs to accept is that the tumor made him do it and it's in the past and should stay there. (Even that is too much for me) Also not trying to force others to get over it, but thankfully she seems to be past doing that.

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        bekah23 - We can agree to disagree. I don't think he should stop making art if that's what he wants to do. He can - and should - make art. If ppl only want to buy it b/c he used to be a serial killer . . . oh well. That's not his fault or his problem, IMO. But like I said we can disagree.

My issue w/Liz is why she was so upset that Ava was playing up Franco's past. Once she saw it didn't bother Franco, she shouldn't have been as troubled by it. I have always felt that Liz wants ppl to forget about Franco's past, and that came across again yesterday. She wants, IMO, ppl to not acknowledge or recognize his past life as a serial killer. To me, that is a part of him. People are ALWAYS going to remember him for that and judge him for that. She needs to understand and accept that. I don't believe she truly has.

They've made Liz's character completely bland. She's so much better away from Franco.

Comment

Liz is a hobbyist. Franco is trying to earn a living. What he told her is true, but he used the wrong words or did not go further and explain what he meant without hurting her feelings. I am a hobbyist and have created things many have wanted to buy, but that's not who I am. If I start selling my creations I become an artist, then it becomes a job, then I have to do it on a schedule, not when the spirit moves me! Then the FUN goes away and I'm left with another job. I'm retired now and create when I feel like it. I'll leave my creations to my daughter and let her sell them like she's always telling me to do. I immediately understood what Franco meant, but his delivery was wrong!

Comment

• december rose
          december rose commented
          Editing a comment
          Franco is earning his living by being n art therapist.

For the last few years, he has been a hobbyist and worked in a hospital - same as Liz

It is just now that he suddenly wants to be an artist again.

I am not a Franco fan on any level. BUT, I don't think he really meant that she was not an artist. What I think he meant was that she had never had to make her way as an artist, which she has not. It has been a passion of hers, not a career. Could she have made it as an artist financially? Who knows? He did, gross as his art was. But the art world is fickle.

Comment

• AMHardulak
          AMHardulak commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you. I'm sure that Franco regretted his words the second they left his mouth! He (only) meant that she has not, as yet, become a professional, published artist. Liz knows nothing about assembling a show, pressures regarding the preparation for a major exhibit, etc.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X