Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Sam?

i actually like the character when she was free of Jason and was rootin for her and Patrick. Cant excuse the way she played Drew and have no CLUE what the writers are doing for her now.

What would you like to see for Sam?

They need to give her a JOB with an actual PURPOSE - so she's not using all of her free time to be obsessed with Jason. Because right now her character is completely unbearable and unlikable.

Show her spending time with her children - playing their favourite games and activities.

Until they get this parole issue figured out - that's all I've got.

Comment

• Sam_Philly_Girl
      Sam_Philly_Girl
      Board Regular
      Sam_Philly_Girl commented
      Editing a comment
      Was Sam and Curtis ever shown dissolving their PI partnership?

I don't recall seeing that. If not, she has a job she's been seriously neglecting.

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz
      Scriptwriter
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sam tried to renew the partnership with Curtis and Curtis told her no thanks basically.

• Sam_Philly_Girl
      Sam_Philly_Girl
      Board Regular
      Sam_Philly_Girl commented
      Editing a comment
      LovingLIz,

Thanks, I did miss that.

Originally posted by themoonprince View Post
    i actually like the character when she was free of Jason and was rootin for her and Patrick. Cant excuse the way she played Drew and have no CLUE what the writers are doing for her now.

What would you like to see for Sam?
    What would like I LIKE to see, or what do I see? I think Sam was denied parole, like Ned felt she would be after his call and he too was surprised they changed their mind. So I think Sam made a deal with Cyrus. I think Sam is freaking out because her deal is to keep Jason occupied and out of Cyrus's way, but her parole officer keeping her from Jason is causing issues with that plan. So Sam is desperate to get rid of the parole officer so she can fulfill her obligation to Cyrus. And in exchange I'm guessing Cyrus has told Sam that he would let Jason, Sam, and kids leave PC untouched after he takes down Sonny and the mob. And that is why Sam is acting how she is, and I think she knows Brando from that deal also. And why she decided to follow him to his garage to warn him away from Molly. I also think the cult comment wasn't meant to be directed at Kristina, Brando was making fun of Sam for getting caught up in the cult so much she ended up in prison for killing the leader.

Comment

• militarymom
      militarymom
      Senior Board Member
      militarymom commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyrus is going after Jason, so no deal. And if Sam knew Brando was a bad guy, I would think her reaction would be different. These writers haven't been subtle, we would know she knew something.

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz
      Scriptwriter
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      I think these writers have been very subtle. How do we know Brando isn't Brando? Mike has told us more then once he doesn't know him, and even warned Carson to get him out of their house.
      Glady's doesn't like Brando, I wouldn't like to be blackmailed because I took money from Sonny and lied about an illegal immigrant being my dead son's kid then forced to help take down the man who paid you in the first place, which IMO is her role.
      Harmony, we know thanks to her how the parole deals work and the favors asked in exchange.
      Brando himself, with the choice of flannel shirt probably is from KY not Chicago and likely have My Old KY home on his phone. He too was let out of prison after only serving 5 of a 20 year sentence.
      Diane, who is the "best attorney in the state" but hasn't won in how long? And couldn't even get Sam off on killing Shiloh in self defense by doing the bench trial. Now encouraging Michael to commit fraud by marrying Willow. Could they hold that over him and force him to testify?
      Sam, who Diane was likely made to help make sure Sam was convicted and sent to jail.
      Sam, who Ned didn't think was going to get her parole, and surprised the parole board changed their minds...so she has some sort of deal with someone. (And this is a redo of Courtney with the cop Brian I think his name was)
      Jordan, we know Harmony came to blackmail her basically, but Jordan also has another secret, she and Taggart could have been in on this from the get go.
      Cyrus himself, who may just be the front man, but really Martin is running this show.
      Jason himself could be involved if they decide it. The set up is there.

And what was normal about Sam following a complete stranger to his garage that she has known for 2 minutes and going at him in that manner just because her grown sister met and had sex with a complete stranger? That whole set up was not a normal reaction to a woman in Law School (so early/mid 20s) having a random hook up unless she knows a reason he shouldn't be hooking up with her sister. how did Sam know he was in prison in the first place, a guy she just met and knew was a mechanic who fixed her sisters car? How did he know about her and Jason's problems? We literally JUST saw them be introduced to one another? And IMO the visit to meet Kristina was his warning to Sam, and the cult reference was about Sam, not Kristina. IMO.

I actually like Sam better when she is not in a relationship. She seems to have more of a brain when she is single.

Right now they have written her into a sort of corner where they won't let her be with Jason and won't let her move on, and that's annoying. It's also frustrating to see her resort to ill-planned schemes (like trying to blackmail her parole officer) that just get her deeper into the hole. And the artificial barriers keeping her from Jason have dragged on for too long.

So either break Sam and Jason up or reunite them.

I think having Sam convicted of manslaughter for killing Shiloh when we saw Shiloh, a fugitive who had kidnapped a toddler and a teenager and was attacking Jason when Sam zapped him, is just a stupid story and the writers should just overturn the verdict and move along from this dud.

How about have Sam use her brain and make some progress on linking Peter to Shiloh's escape? It's time for that story to move forward, too.

I'd say show Sam more with her sisters and mother, but we just had that and the writers made Sam look like a crazy woman shouting at Brando in order to drum up some sort of hate-love dynamic between them.

Comment

Free Sam from Jason, period. When she is with him she is only written to be so obsessed with him that she can't think straight, most always crying or sad and never able to make rational decisions. She was totally different with Silas, Patrick, Drew and even Lucky. It is time to give her a more balanced life again where she smiled, interacted with many people and had a PI career. Keeping her in a pairing that lost its luster and died long before Jason "died" is just plain cruel for the character. And still calling them a couple who has been social distancing long before it became an everyday word is doing Jason no favors either, so end them now.

Comment

First of all, definitely rid Sam of her obsession to be with Jason. It has removed nearly all her brain cells and has practically ruined the character. She can love him, but making being with him the sole purpose of her life is just awful.

I'd like to see her run the media part of Aurora. Firstly, because it is Scout's legacy. Secondly, because she would be working and she could guide/get involved in an in-depth expose into illegal drugs being moved into Port Charles. This way she is involved in the Cyrus story without having to be involved with Jason. It lets her use her PI skills, and possibly work with Spinelli without having to worry about violating her parole. And it would put her in a position of power, instead of crying and snotting over not being with Jason. Let the character be strong again.

Comment

I'd love to see her take better control over her life. She can't be with Jason and she needs to remember that she managed really well without him before. It'd be great to see her and curtis team up to bust Peter.

I don't think she has any personal connection just yet with either cyrus or Brando and I don't want to romantically pair her wth anyone because while I think she shines with most of her Male partners apparently she's not ever going to be allowed to have a good successful pairing outside of Jason..
          Shelly, Moderator
          soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

I love Sam but I don't like how she has been written the last 3 years. I actually loved the scenes with her sisters and her mom and Diane so more of that would be nice. I'd also like the show to remind us that Maxie and Sam are good friends. They need to build that up so when Peter's crap is outed there is potential for decent scenes b/w them as friends.

What I would love to see would be for Sam, Kristina and Molly to be given either a family mystery s/l or they have to pull off some kind of caper. My dream s/l would be for a recast Ethan coming back to town to get revenge on Peter after Robert put it together and told him he thought Peter had Holly killed to distract him. A recast Lucky soon follows Ethan home because he knows his brother is about to kick a hornets nest. Kristina is of course sniffing around Ethan and inserts herself into he and Lucky's investigation of Peter. Sam finds out what Ethan, Lucky and now Kristina are up to so she works with them and they take Peter down. Incorporate Molly and TJ as the voices of reason with their burgeoning medical and legal careers and all my Davis girls would be in a legit story together. I really want Sam out of the mob orbit. She's so much more interesting outside of Jason and with the right recast as Lucky we could get back to some sexy hot tub antics. I miss those days.

Comment

• Jrjames84
              Jrjames84
              Day Player
              Jrjames84 commented
              Editing a comment
              I love this idea so much. I hope you right with all of it.

• Shellyinphx
              Shellyinphx
              Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
              Shellyinphx commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yes, scratch my comment above about Sam pairing with curtis to out Peter. I'd rather her pair with Maxie.. both women need their brains back.

She loves Jason and they should be together. Period. Let them be together is Steve leaving or something else is going on writers Put Jasam together unless there is some news about Steve and Kelly ❤️❤️❤️

Comment

• AMHardulak
              AMHardulak
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              AMHardulak commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^I agree with you. Some of us have been waiting for JaSam to get back together since his return. And what did the couple finally get? About 5 minutes . . . before the wheels fell off

Well they got to do something with Sam cause I don’t think I ever saw a leading female character do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Sam should be working on linking Peter to Shiloh so she can free herself from the legal trouble she’s in. Since she can’t be with Jason right now, it’s the best time for her and spinelli to work together. After they take Peter down they can restart their PI business. I also enjoy her spending time with her mom & sisters.

Comment

• McShirls
                McShirls
                Soap Addict
                McShirls commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree. Let's see what happens when the show returns. Perhaps there will be a large time jump and parole will have been lifted.

• Big Cheddar1
                Big Cheddar1
                Day Player
                Big Cheddar1 commented
                Editing a comment
                How would that free her from her legal troubles? She shot Shiloh in the back, not Peter. She was found not guilty of murder in the first degree, but found guilty of manslaughter and negligent homicide. Unless Peter has video of Shiloh attacking Jason to show that she had no choice but to shoot him in the back, or some hidden hitman actually shot Shiloh and Sam actually missed, I don't see how exposing Peter would help her. She should do it anyway to protect Jason, Scout and Maxie.

Get rid of her, maybe if she goes to another soap with a new story she might be watchable.

Comment

Have her take a PI job that takes her out of town and no one sees her again.

Comment

Sam really needs take stock of her life. She is 30 something ex con on parole raising 2 kids. An shes worried about Jason too too much

Comment

Sam needs to grow up, and learn to take responsibility for her actions. She can't blame the parole officer anymore, so now it is all Kristina's fault! She is truly pathetic.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X