Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the Headwriters (Chris & Dan) Through 6 Months

Rank the Headwriters (Chris Van Etten & Dan O’Connor) first 6 months. Tuesday 29th October 2019 was their first day as Headwriters of GH. How has been these 6 months ?
    Good
    14.29%
    Above Average
    8.57%
    Average
    20.00%
    Below Average
    28.57%
    Bad
    28.57%

So mostly bad thats not a good sign lol

Comment

I will give them the virus throwing things cockeyed but before that they didn’t do anything interesting.

Comment

They came on with a bang, but then the show became
        • Too Sonny-centric
        • The women lost their brains
        • Diane gave Michael the dumbest advice ever
        • Splitting up the only relationship that ever worked for Michael
        • Breaking up a young adult team of four that was a delight to watch
        • The sham wedding and treating Nelle as just an every day ex in the custody proceedings
        • Sam was reduced to a whiny mess, lower than we've ever seen her before
        • Killing off a legendary character like Marcus Taggert
        Last edited by believeinme246; May 3, 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• LEP
          LEP commented
          Editing a comment
          Spot on! Plus the never-ending, makes-no-sense Peter saga. Even Finola Hughes was recently quoted as saying she wished this story would go somewhere.

• Lady Killer
          Lady Killer commented
          Editing a comment
          So basically just the same show it’s been the past 5 years

GH is MUCH better with these writers. The previous ones were horrific. Dawn of Day, Shiloh, Oscar, Kim, brain mapping, FankenDrew.... those were the worst stories and characters I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
          GH is MUCH better with these writers. The previous ones were horrific. Dawn of Day, Shiloh, Oscar, Kim, brain mapping, FankenDrew.... those were the worst stories and characters I’ve ever seen.
          Really ? An this constant Wiley Talk, fake hook ups, offscreen hook ups, Police commissioner acting whacky, Snakes in parties, shady parole officers is better ?

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
            Carlys #1 Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that’s what I said

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            Let me put it this way - they are just as bad as their predecessors. The show is not much better IMO it is just as bad though!

Below average. Mainly the Friz are poor stuff. If they wanted a "poor" working class couple, that should have been Willow and Chase. Especially when Willow was unemployed. Sasha she should be shown now struggling to find a place to live because Models, unless you have been in the industry for years with alot of success, don't make that much money and often live with 4-5 other people in an apartment so you can afford to live. They really should show her or talk about flying first class, staying in a nice hotel, spa service, nice restaurant, etc...and then talking about her first check and a downpayment on a place then get her check and show the agency subtracted the expenses of those items plus the 10% mark up they earn for arranging those things for her, along with their fee, leaving her with less then half the check she was expecting.
          I mean Liz bought her house on her own, now she can't afford it on her own? Franco became a millionaire on screen again just a few years ago, now he is broke again with no explanation and no showing how he blew through his money? We also know Liz bought a newly renovated home through an ELQ project, her house would still be under warranty! Not to mention you aren't getting a loan without valid home owners insurance on the property. So none of this Friz is broke stuff makes any sense and its recent history!! And yet CV just quoted in mags how he loves this about this couple! Hello, us middle class working 2 family income women don't want to watch "our" character struggle with money, thats our reality! Not to mention we have seen this with Liz and Lucky, it was unbelievable then and even worse now.

Comment

I admit viewing has been sporadic as of late. But when I do watch or read recaps, I seriously speculate whether or not Bob Guza has secretly been hired back to write this show. It's that aimless, devoid of any depth "just to fill a character bio with plot points" kind of writing that was a hallmark for 90% of his tenure.

I voted below average.
            Last edited by Luke; May 4, 2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• TheBlackRose
              TheBlackRose commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been watching some old storylines on YT from the mid- to late-2000's and I believe they were so much better than anything we are getting now. No secret I'm also a fan of Garin Wolf and firmly believe under the right EP he can do wonders, so while I'd prefer to have him back, I'd take Bob Guza back over this team. I will say with 100% confidence that as "meh" as the show is right now, it's so much better than anything Ron Carlivati brought to the table.

The first couple of months were great and then it went downhill in a hurry from there.

Comment

Average or Below Average were the winners

Comment

Originally posted by Wendall Wilcox View Post
                So mostly bad thats not a good sign lol
                It must be to them. The writing is sloppy, They keep Nelle in the storyline which the majority of viewers are unhappy with. There is no fun, no humor, no romance, The best writing is with Sonny and Mike. The rest is totally forgettable and painful to watch.I 'been FF so much hat now it's just easier not to watch.

Comment

Before getting stuck in the Wiley Vortex from Hell, I would've given them a "better than average" vote. The Nik/Ava/Nina/Valentin story wasn't perfect, but at least it felt fresh and new. I've liked a good portion of BrookLynn's return. I liked the Taggert/Trina connection. Cyrus at least feels like a worthy adversary for the town.

What's not working for me is the Wiley story. I realize they can't fix nearly two years of story (they can't retroactively show us more of Lucas/Brad raising Wiley), but this poor excuse to force Willow and Michael together is just so so so contrived, it has sucked energy from the show.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the Mike story either. Or the continuing saga of Peter. Or whatever is going on with Sam. (It makes me long for the days of the dreaded cat-poop disease).

Comment

I like that Nina is questioning Carly and Kristina is questioning Sam. I hate the that Carly, Sonny & Jason are judged on a different standard than most of the other characters in town. Maybe these writers will change that.

I would like to see Michael being put in his place for trying to get over on the court by marrying Willow a few days before proceedings.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
                      ScrubsFan#1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      THAT is ALL on Diane. Instead of building his case as a loving, hard working, fully capable SINGLE father - she TOLD HIM to go and marry Mary Poppins. That he had a much better chance of getting Wiley if he was married - but heaven forbid that he actually marry his OWN girlfriend.

I will be forever befuddled as to WHY Diane is NOT allowed to question Nelle's CAPABILITY to care for Wiley - and her FITNESS as a mother. They have her absolutely kowtowing to this little girl - afraid to make her cry - INSTEAD of STANDING UP for her client.

Doc Brown is out there looking for his Delorian. TIIC have stolen it and are STUCK in 1955.

Diane had BETTER have SOME sort of defense for Michael when everyone finds out he's married to his best friend's girl.

The show is awful. Has been for eight years. Each writing team gets worse and worse. But there's a chance none of it matters now because GH may very well never air again once they run out of taped shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriane View Post
                      I like that Nina is questioning Carly and Kristina is questioning Sam. I hate the that Carly, Sonny & Jason are judged on a different standard than most of the other characters in town. Maybe these writers will change that.

I would like to see Michael being put in his place for trying to get over on the court by marrying Willow a few days before proceedings.

Me too, this has been a very refreshing change for GH! Characters are FINALLY getting called out for their behaviors, and we are seeing many of them gain some personality and independent thinking.

Lulu and Valentine coming to good terms was also VERY refreshing! Great job by the writers! They showed Valentine's good side very nicely and finally had Lulu come to her senses.

Laura has been used very well as an intelligent, strong female Mayor and a wise figure in the lives of Lulu, Valentine, Charlotte and Nicholas. I really liked Laura explaining that Nell's lawsuit against GH is a serious problem and has legitimacy. It's refreshing to see that instead of having everyone from Carly, Michael, Monica etc discard the notion as absurd. They did break several serious regulations by forging Nell's signature and going ahead with an elective medical procedure on her son against her will. They can call Nell evil, but evil people in the US have rights too. If you dont like her and dont want to deal with her, then dont have kids with her.

I also love Cyrus so far, and the Nina/Nelle storyline. Nelle is a top tier young actress , they are using her very well by highlighting her and stating to go deeper into her character with the issues from her past.

They are also finally having Liz and Franco examine and come to terms with his past. The infusion of the new Brooklyn and Dustin with Chase, Willow and Micheal has been great.

Add to that very good use of vets like Mac, Robert Laura and Anna, that is how you build a high quality GH imo.

Still too much Sonny and Carly, but they have their fanbase , and at least they are using Sonny in a storyline with Mike that highlights the best side of his character and the talents of MB.

Kudos to the new writing team!
                      Last edited by hpantazo; May 9, 2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X