• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brigros
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2007

how can BB afford exotic trips to monte carlo and not GH

I can't remember the last time we saw on location shoots. 90s?
  • dancingqueen12
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2012

Hmmm... maybe it has to do with who is producing, who owns the rights and who is putting out the money. Many of CBS primetime dramas have remote location activity. I can’t remember the last time I saw any ABC prime time drama (except American Idol) have true remote location activity. I do not watch closely - so I could have missed it ?

Comment

• envious01
      Soap Addict
      • Jan 2007

On location shoots outside of California? Yea the 90's for sure. Don't quote me but i feel like it was Ned and Lois' New York wedding.

The furthest location shoot they did that wasn't in or around the studio (The GH parking lot or the park down the street lol) in recent years was whatever pier they drove to when they did the Pathogen Scare story in 2012 and that was probably still in california i imagine.

Comment

• parker joe
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Feb 2005

B&B has a bigger international following, giving them additional revenue. One of the reasons they started doing remotes in Italy, was because of how huge they were in the country.

Comment

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          That's funny because I remember seeing the B&B name written in Italian on screen a lot.
      • O_Snap!
        Soap Addict
        • Sep 2009

Considering how dreadful B&B is 85% of the time, they should skip throwing money at locations and work on hiring more competent writers.

Comment

• MorganFamValues
          Day Player
          • Sep 2017

I'd rather they continue to shoot in the studio and the park and stay on the air vs wasting money on location shoots.

Comment

• thecourt99
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jun 2008

B&B has international licensing. I don't think that GH has the same. As a result, they can do a remote location shoot, add some B&B promotional activity, and write the whole thing off. Due in part to the international income, they don't have the same pressures that a GH would have. GH is owned by the network. B&B is owned privately and is licensed (not sure if that's the right term) to CBS. So CBS has to renew it's contract with Bell Productions to air B&B. Horrible writing, yes. However the show is a bit more lucrative due to the international licensing.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
              Senior Board Member
              • Jan 2017

You mean Turkey wasn't real?

Comment

• jodyb22
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2009

B&B has an enormous fan base in Italy and some other European Nations - apparently including Monte Carlo too. Bell productions has brought the production to Europe for week long shoots multiple times. It's always super glamorous, their cast is truly lucky with all those perks! When you can show exotic locales like that, ratings reflect it. I love that at least one of the soaps is using this time to take us on a beautiful exotic journey. Next week they are focusing on weddings, and the one on Monday is Brooke and Ridge's beachside wedding (on the beach in LA). GH is in LA why can't they do that. Another weddings they're showing was done in Sydney, Australia and another one was shot in LA but all outdoor even with a real hot air balloon for the happy couple. I absolutely adore the outdoor shoots! It doesn't have to be exotic to be in outdoor LA and done beautifully instead of in the park on the corner of the studio parking lot.

Comment

• eileenregina
                  Soap Addict
                  • Jun 2011

If the writing is bad who cares about locations shoots. B&B is boring, it is always the same story - a triangle that changes characters over and over again.

Comment

• xoregonian
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Feb 2014

The Mouse Company would never, ever spend $$$ on travel. They barely make it out to that corner of the parking lot that has a little greenery.

Comment

• J_Sam
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Nov 2015

These are reruns from like 2013.... I could care less about any of them.. the show is the same old song and dance.. who's cheating who and who dont even care swing your lady and change partners... around around a way we go..... there goes your man... in the arms of another.... over and over... its the same thing.. snoozeyfest...?

Comment

• MalteseBaby
                        Scriptwriter
                        • Aug 2009

LOL, I wonder where " Sonny's Island" is on set?

Comment

• Q777S
                          Soap Addict
                          • Jan 2015

let me rub my crystal ball and i shall see the answer shortly

Comment

• taramartin
                            Soap Addict
                            • Oct 2013

On B&B there is a skeleton cast, I believe there is 1 restaurant in town and most weddings (recently) take place in the living room. One set is used as an apt in L.A. and with a bit of furniture moved about, a set in Vegas. On a trip to "Vegas" recently they had party backdrops behind the characters pretending they were actually in Vegas. B&B doesn't have anything on GH.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X