• Wendall Wilcox
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

Michael/Willow vs the Tree

They got some good shots in but the tree was left standing
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

My husband and I were joking about the tree police citing Michael for destruction of public property; assault on a defenseless tree.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
      Soapaholic26 commented
      Editing a comment
      This seriously happened to me when I was a kid. In Girl Scouts my group was assigned to gather fire wood. We were too lazy to actually walk around forever looking for some so we decided to chop down this little scrawny tree that we thought was dead. Well, it wasn't and we got into a bunch of trouble.
  • Soapaholic26
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2017

I have been trying to figure out the significance of that scene. It seems kind of strange and random. Is Nelle going to be taken down by blunt force trauma and this whacking of the tree makes Michael and Willow suspects 1 and 2? I also kind of felt sorry for the poor tree.

Comment

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that injured the tree. Willow didn't hit as hard.. It looked a little wimpy to me but I was happy for the tree.

• Ribbonette
      Ribbonette commented
      Editing a comment
      And here I thought the tree would be fine (and it still may be but...). I hated that they hit the tree and now I hate it more knowing that.

• AMHardulak
      AMHardulak commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^I actually felt bad for the tree, too. Too bad Michael didn't go to the gym to let off steam! We could have had a sweet scene in which he taught Willow how to use the bag.
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

I can see it now: Nelle calls the Tree Police as a character witness against Michael: he brutally assaulted the Tree - no child is safe around him when he is angry!!

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
      ScrubsFan#1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shhhhhhhh - don't put THAT out into the universe. They'll HEAR you.
  • tollyfan35
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2018

all i was think some will kill nelle with that stick and only micheal and willow fingerprints will be the only ones on it

Comment

• BellesRose
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2006

I felt badly for that poor tree. It didn't deserved to have its bark ripped off like that. There was a perfectly fine stone bench they could have attacked instead.

Comment

• Ribbonette
        Ribbonette commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to know I'm not the only one! The tree will be fine, but uugh...
    • xoregonian
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2014

Seriously, if someone saw them do this to that tree in that little L.A. park, they would be cited and fined. Neighborhood narcs would be ALL over that .

Comment

• RumbaPassion
        Board Regular
        • Jan 2015

There's that punching bag at Volonino's gym. Better than hitting a poor tree.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL I wondered why Carly didn't tell him to go to the gym (lucky them all gyms are closed in real life) BUT it was so he could run into Nelle Still don't know why he listened to her and didn't just run

• O_Snap!
          O_Snap! commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same thought about the heavy bag at the gym. All I could think was that its actually not healthy to take out your aggression on any living thing be it tree, animal or person. Seems like having Michael and Willow both upset and heartbroken would have served the plot better by having them kiss or hook up as opposed to whalloping that tree. It was just dumb.
      • MalteseBaby
        Scriptwriter
        • Aug 2009

I kept thinking " this will turn out to be someone's ' birth tree'. Someone's parents planted it when they were born, which was a 70's thing".
        IDK how fast trees grow or anything, of course.

Comment

• J_Sam
          Senior Board Member
          • Nov 2015

They hurt the tree... they shouldn't have cut the tree, they should have put pine tar on it after they wounded it to keep it from being exposed to disease... Dumbass stupid scene....

Comment

• OLTL'69
            OLTL'69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope they at least did that for the tree in real life
        • Wendall Wilcox
          Soap Addict
          • Jul 2018

But how is the start of romance ♥️

Weirdest scenes ever. An this is coming from someone who liked the early platonic scenes of Michael and Willow. What is with the sticks and trees.

Comment

• Crunchy
            Board Regular
            • Jan 2010

I don't know why this scene cheesed me off so much, but damn, it sure did. An innocent tree was mutilated for this insanely insipid story? I am so angry about it.

Comment

• Jessi
              Contract Poster
              • Aug 2006

Anything they were trying to accomplish in those scenes between Michael and Willow were destroyed by GHs actions.

We need to protect nature as much as possible. So much damages already occurs and to intentionally add to it for this scene?!? Shame on GH. I certainly hope GH had the damage professionally sealed.
              Last edited by Jessi; May 1, 2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• SoapQuest
                Board Regular
                • Nov 2019

It cheesed me off too because it was just so stupid. Why won't Willow go home and mind her own business? She and Chase are done and so is her friendship with Sasha so why does she keep hanging around Michael? He doesn't need her to get his son.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
                  Shellyinphx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Michael and Willow are friends, I agree that he doesn't need her to get his son but I think she needs the friendship.

• ScrubsFan#1
                  ScrubsFan#1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well if EVERYBODY ELSE would have minded their own business - and LET Willow STEP AWAY from Wiley and Michael when she WANTED TOO - then she would have had proper therapy. She and Chase would still be together - BOTH realizing the INSANITY of Diane's way of thinking. Michael would have encouraged Diane to present his case as a single father - since Nelle herself was NOT REQUIRED to be married in order to gain custody.

• SoapQuest
                  SoapQuest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree ScrubsFan#1. I fully believe that should have been the road taken and the messy situation all of them are in now would have been avoided.
              • Wendall Wilcox
                Soap Addict
                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by SoapQuest View Post
                It cheesed me off too because it was just so stupid. Why won't Willow go home and mind her own business? She and Chase are done and so is her friendship with Sasha so why does she keep hanging around Michael? He doesn't need her to get his son.
                I mean what Chase said was true (except for letting Sasha climb on him) Willow is too attached to Michaels son and something like that isn’t healthy in the long run. But if she wants to fight trees with Michael then I’ll still be a fan

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X