Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm appreciating how many storylines Nelle affects!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm appreciating how many storylines Nelle affects!

Let me start with saying that the actress that plays now is so so good!

I think that so many people despise the character is exactly what they’re shooting for. The show for a long time like the person that was just flat out unrepentantly bad.

As a character, she brings a lot to the canvas. Look at all the storyline she has affected!

I enjoyed the actress a great deal. And while Nels not really likable, she does bring a lot to the canvas in terms of story and I truly appreciate that

I love the actress and I love the Character. I think she is likable. I love everything about the character and she does bring a lot to the Canvas. I love seeing her on the screen and I hope she stays. The thing I love the most is she is not a Corinthos lover like the rest of the show she doesn't suck up to Carly and Sonny like they own the world. Like the rest of the show.

Comment

• victorialord
      victorialord
      Contract Poster
      victorialord commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point! As much as I despise her "character", I love that someone can give Carly some crap....

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69
      Aspiring soap scribe
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      OH MY yes the self entitlement and justification of lying as long as you are Carly Michael etc gets me. For Wylies's sake I don't want Nell to win but I would CHEER if this lying fake marriage plot blew up in their faces

• arabian
      arabian
      Recurring Poster
      arabian commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed! I think she's immensely likable. I love Nelle and think she's fabulous! And part of the reason I love her is because she doesn't suck up to the Corinthii!

Definitely a great love to hate character. She cracked me up yesterday with her last line to Carly as she was exiting and then what she later said to Michael in the park. The actress just kills in this role.

Comment

I will never appreciate or like the character for all of the carnage that she's caused - for so many characters that I like.

I WILL however give kudos to Chloe - for being a remarkable young actress...…...that I desperately wish played a DIFFERENT character.

Comment

• TheBlackRose
        TheBlackRose
        Scriptwriter
        TheBlackRose commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't put it past them to bring her back as Nelle's long lost polar-opposite twin (if they don't go the direction of her being Nina's daughter, that is.) It'd be funny to watch her play nice and wonder why nobody trusts her, and even better if they kept her on for a long time and out of nowhere...she's actually just Nelle and everyone got played.

I have liked her more in this 2020 run than the previous years

Comment

Originally posted by geraldine123 View Post
      Definitely a great love to hate character. She cracked me up yesterday with her last line to Carly as she was exiting and then what she later said to Michael in the park. The actress just kills in this role.
      ITA! She is a terrific actress and a character to love to HATE! It's such a change seeing someone who can actually give Carly some crap....

Comment

• geraldine123
        geraldine123
        Board Regular
        geraldine123 commented
        Editing a comment
        What I also like about the actress is that when Nelle messes up, she knows it and shows it. We see reaction on her face of having goofed and sometimes we see fear. She's never remorseful, but she's not an unaffected villian like Ryan was. No matter what, Ryan was always the same arrogant unaffected emotionless nutcase. He had grown very boring. We get more dimensions from Nelle and that's what also makes her very effective.

• Eeloie313
        Eeloie313
        Day Player
        Eeloie313 commented
        Editing a comment
        geraldine123
        Board Regular
        geraldine123, that's what I like about the actress, too. I hate the character and want her gone, but I like the actress. I especially like it when she tries to stick it to Carly, like today. Carly brushed her off like a gnat, and the look of consternation on her face was priceless. I call that her "Duh, what happened" face! I love it when her taunts or jibes miss the mark and the person she's after turns it back on her. She has a very expressive face which displays confusion, fear, disappointment, anger and self-satisfaction wonderfully!

And Chloe was so good as young Patricia Spencer!!
      CassadineSon
      Soap Addict
      Last edited by CassadineSon; April 30, 2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I love her so much. The actress is great to watch. She is great in scenes with anyone. Hopefully she sticks around.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
          I will never appreciate or like the character for all of the carnage that she's caused - for so many characters that I like.

I WILL however give kudos to Chloe - for being a remarkable young actress...…...that I desperately wish played a DIFFERENT character.
          Carnage?! The leading characters are mass murderers. The beloved lawyer, the mayor even the other half of a popular duo is also. I think it’s crazy to not like a specific character because how writers have chosen to write them. We’ve never seen Nelle murder someone onscreen, like we have plenty of others.

Comment

• Eeloie313
            Eeloie313
            Day Player
            Eeloie313 commented
            Editing a comment
            ScrubsFan#1
            Executive Poster
            ScrubsFan#1, apparently the number of murders doesn't matter as long as it's done off screen.
            SoapLV
            Newcomer
            SoapLV, how the writers write a character is the only basis on which we can judge them or decide whether we like them or not. Otherwise, with no one writing for them, we'd just have to watch them standing around or ad-libbing. 😀

• OLTL'69
            OLTL'69
            Aspiring soap scribe
            OLTL'69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not here to defend Nellle or the lack on on scene murders (wouldn't an on screen attempted murder count" BUT I have read posters who will never hear of counting the implied murders (work related ) of Sonny and Jason.

• Shellyinphx
            Shellyinphx
            Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
            Shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you say Laura is a mass murderer?

I guess the Nelle redemption arc is working. Another hated character getting redeemed and past sins forgotten.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
            ScrubsFan#1
            Executive Poster
            ScrubsFan#1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Redeemed how?

Past sins forgotten by who?

• DanaJo
            DanaJo
            Newcomer
            DanaJo commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think she's been redeemed at all. She still tried to kill Michael & she did kill her former BF. She is a horrible person & its laughable that anyone would consider giving her full custody of a baby that doesn't even know her.

I really like anyone who can cause the boring, redundant Corrinthos' family grief, even for a short time. I am rooting for Nelle to really be turning her life around and that she will become a successful mother and employee and that she will co-parent her child and every Carly/Michael/Willow attempt to foil her efforts will tank or even backfire.

Comment

• McShirls
            McShirls
            Soap Addict
            McShirls commented
            Editing a comment
            All she's doing now is lying and provoking all of her "enemies". Brad was her one friend and she figuratively ran over him and dropped him off in prison. How can she care for a child?

Chloe Lanier is an excellent actress - no one can deliver crazy like she can and make it look sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjo View Post
            I guess the Nelle redemption arc is working. Another hated character getting redeemed and past sins forgotten.
            I admit she is a love to hate character, but she is in no way being redeemed. Please note I didn't say she was not redeemable... I have seen Soaps for many years to know that anything is possible. One thing I have seen that makes some one redeemable in a soap is loving someone more than yourself. Nelle .... well not even Wylie.

Comment

Love Nelle would never FF her scenes. She is so fun to watch!! Kudos to the actress. She is fabulous!

Comment

I know Nelle had nothing to do with it but I do appreciate how the posse fell apart and it wasn’t even Nelles doing 😂

Comment

• OLTL'69
                  OLTL'69
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  OLTL'69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BUT THEY will blame her because they all did this to stop her from getting Wiley. If it were not for her they woud not have done it. (Now I won't blame Nelle for this--there is plenty to blame her for) But there are many who go by the "he made me do it" "he goaded me)

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X