Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate when GH ignores relationships just because the characters are not on the show.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when GH ignores relationships just because the characters are not on the show.

I hate when GH ignores relationships just because the characters/actors are not on the show.

It was nice how they let Joss and Jax keep contact. I also like how Audrey gets mentioned often by Liz. But I hate how they flat out ignore Frisco and Maxie. They could EASILY have Maxie visit Frisco offscreen. She could also text, phone, or facetime Frisco. I feel that Lucky's relationship with his children are ignored as well.

Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post
    I hate when GH ignores relationships just because the characters/actors are not on the show.

It was nice how they let Joss and Jax keep contact. I also like how Audrey gets mentioned often by Liz. But I hate how they flat out ignore Frisco and Maxie. They could EASILY have Maxie visit Frisco offscreen. She could also text, phone, or facetime Frisco. I feel that Lucky's relationship with his children are ignored as well.
    Uh Frisco is running the WSB so not so easy if he is deep cover. And Lucky has ONE kid, stop calling Cam his kid. He raised him for 1, arguably 2 years of his 16 years.Cam hasn't seen him in over what 13-14 years. At what point does your mom's ex stop being labeled your dad? Even Cam notes, he never had a dad. He didn't like Franco before the wedding because as he pointed out ot Laura, he will be like the rest and just temporary....the rest, that includes Lucky. And he made the conscious choice to pull back and NOT become his dad on screen. He decided when he and Liz were divorcing to STOP the adoption of Cam and he never revisited it. He didn't want to set up custody arrangements that Liz was offering, he just wanted rights to Jake. And as it stands, they make it sound like now Lucky and Aiden have a relationship, I won't be surprised if they don't have Aiden go spend the summer with Lucky somewhere.

Comment

• mes349
      mes349 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, before JJ left in 2011 he was heavily involved with Aiden AND Cameron. He told Cameron that even though Aiden is his biological son that Cameron will always be his first born. The scene is on youtube.

Lucky was the only father Cameron knew from 2005 until he left in 2011. At the time that was almost all of Cameron’s life except for a year.

Hence it is weird that they just dropped Lucky out of Cameron’s life out of nowhere. Probably the changing or writing regimes and not knowing the history more than anything else.

TIIC - VERY EASILY could have had Lucky have the same relationship with the boys that Jax had with Joss. Offscreen - with the visits, calls, video chat, and texts. Not ONE of these regimes HAD to trash his character by making him a deadbeat dad.

Comment

• youngandfan
      youngandfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed but I'm sure that it was done partially out of bitterness wen JJ left the role. Even though imo while JJ definitely has a stronger lease on the role than other actors he doesn't own the character entirely. Especially, when they had no issue with recasting Lulu. I realize that there is huge difference but even so.

I get they want Cam's character to be a reflection of his upbringing but even so Lucky did help raise him as a child and to trash that because at current Franco is around playing (literally) sitcom dad is just kind of annoying. They can easily get JY to step back into the role. I think enough time has passed and JY has enough fans in the same way that ER had Lizzie Spaulding and Abby Newman fans going into the role of Lulu that JY would have those with taking the role on now after establishing himself as both JR and Rick. Plus, it would be interesting to see him play the good guy instead of the villain especially when as a good guy he has lot to prove with how he has been written off-screen. If not JY, since GV is busy and JJ won't come back for more than a visit recast entirely. We've had four Carly's... We can have four Lucky's.

I remember a few years ago they mentioned Lucky skyping with Aiden from Africa.

Comment

• SamandWillowFan
      SamandWillowFan commented
      Editing a comment
      It was mentioned that Aiden spent this past Christmas with Lucky in Ireland.

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya now I'm getting the feeling that they were just waiting for Aiden to be old enough to get on a plane on his own to go see Lucky to start mentioning interactions and visits with him.

Originally posted by LovingLiz View Post

Uh Frisco is running the WSB so not so easy if he is deep cover. .
    They have him talking with Anna and Robert. They could also have him talking, texting etc with Maxie.

Comment

• Ginuwine
      Ginuwine commented
      Editing a comment
      But that can change with the stroke of a pen. This is a soap. People make up and become closer to relatives and old friends every day. Frisco and Maxie can still have interactions offscreen and by phone, text, facetime etc. My point is the writers choose to ignore the relationship. And that's wrong. Maxie forgave Peter, Dr. O, and Lulu. Surely she can forgive her biological father. However, it's the writers that ignore the character and their relationship. Mac being her dad has nothing to do with it. A person can have a father, a stepfather, a father-in-law, uncles, godfathers in their lives. They don't just have to have a father. Robin had several father figures/uncles in her life when she was a little girl. Maxie can also have that.
      Last edited by Ginuwine; April 30, 2020, 12:04 PM.

• Ginuwine
      Ginuwine commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a soap. They can remedy a not-so-good relationship. The writers have ignored Frisco and caused the not-so good relationship. This can EASILY be corrected by having them have interactions by phone, text, facetime and offscreen. That's my point. They have ignored the character and their relationship.

• victorialord
      victorialord commented
      Editing a comment
      Has he seen a photo of his grandchildren?

Originally posted by demoslider View Post
    I remember a few years ago they mentioned Lucky skyping with Aiden from Africa.
    Oh, that's right. I forgot about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
      TIIC - VERY EASILY could have had Lucky have the same relationship with the boys that Jax had with Joss. Offscreen - with the visits, calls, video chat, and texts. Not ONE of these regimes HAD to trash his character by making him a deadbeat dad.
      I agree. They did this with Jax, but they don't do it as often with Frisco and Lucky.

Comment

I was so surprised when Valentin mentioned "Mama Claudette" to Charlottte; wondering if there might be a BW return in the works

Comment

Other shows are a little better about it. GH gets such tunnel vision and it feels like they forget that these characters we've watched for decades have off screen families, relationships and friendships that the viewers actually care about. We get that actors move on and characters get written off canvas but I don't get why there are never any mentions. Sometimes a throw away line here and there goes a long way in keeping a show's history relevant.

Aside from the Lucky example, one of the other ignored relationships that annoys me is Serena Baldwin. Scott and Lucy rarely mention Serena.

Comment

I think Maxie does still have some type of relationship with Frisco, didn’t she call him to track Dante down at his facility for Lulu?

Comment

Originally posted by O_Snap! View Post
              Other shows are a little better about it. GH gets such tunnel vision and it feels like they forget that these characters we've watched for decades have off screen families, relationships and friendships that the viewers actually care about. We get that actors move on and characters get written off canvas but I don't get why there are never any mentions. Sometimes a throw away line here and there goes a long way in keeping a show's history relevant.

Aside from the Lucky example, one of the other ignored relationships that annoys me is Serena Baldwin. Scott and Lucy rarely mention Serena.
              Thank you. Exactly.

And good point about Scotty and Lucy's relationship with Serena.

Comment

Originally posted by envious01 View Post
                I think Maxie does still have some type of relationship with Frisco, didn’t she call him to track Dante down at his facility for Lulu?
                Okay. You might be right. But they need to give them a lot more interactions. It's wrong to just ignore their relationship. They can have one offscreen and have phone calls, texts, facetime ets. Sometimes when Maxie goes out of town she could go visit him as well.

Comment

I can see why they don't want to spend a lot of time but even just a mention at Christmas (THe boys love what Lucky sent from____" Or a mention for other special events like a line saying that Granpa Frisco was happy/
                  I use to think that they did a pretty good job with Jax but I thinkt that was more to explain why Joss was missing and not with Carly. But they could use this for Lucky (and finally did past Christmas)

Comment

That is a big reason why the whole Dante thing just straight up sucks. The actor wanted to leave so either recast or have him presumed dead. Instead of shipping him off and not wanting to have anything to do with his wife and kids. That is beyond stupid. At the very least they could mention that while he was away getting treatment he was having skype sessions with his family.

Comment

• AMHardulak
                      AMHardulak commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And now, the actor is open to returning! I hope TPTB will take him up on it-- good story potential there

Lucky is definitely the most glaring example of this and such bad writing/not writing. Totally out of character to leave his kids for this long and to not be on canvas in some capacity. Also totally out of character for him to be fine with his son’s kidnapper raising him.

Also, Luke raised Lucky and Lulu. He didn’t abandon them. Not sure why they tried to rewrite that narrative as well as if “Lucky turned out like Luke”. Luke raised his kids. In fact, Laura was gone for a long stretch of time in hiding with Lulu after she was born. Luke never disappeared on a job for more than a few weeks at a time. And it was never a “I don’t want to be a father” thing.. it was a we need to fix things with Frank Smith and the mob and make life safe for our family. Yes, Luke kept getting in trouble but he also wanted to be a dad.

Soap fans care about history. It is what sets soaps apart. TPTB should harness that.
                    Last edited by mes349; April 30, 2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X