Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

why didn't they make rebecca shaw emily?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brigros
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2007

why didn't they make rebecca shaw emily?

I'm rewatcing the black and white ball and it would've been easy to rewrite that. say helena came back, and brainwashed rebecca/emily, and that rebecca was the one who died but thought she was emily and emily thinks shes rebecca. when NL came back why didn't they do this
    Last edited by brigros; April 24, 2020, 10:36 PM.
  • soapgirl9
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

That is a really good question. I think that would've been a good storyline if they had done it.

Comment

• MalteseBaby
      Scriptwriter
      • Aug 2009

I'd give ANYTHING to have Emily and TC's Nik back together again on screen. They and earliest JaSam hooked me into watching GH, and I still adore both couples so much.

Rebecca was just not well thought out. Everyone comes back from the dead, Emily should have too.

Comment

• FLPeaches
        FLPeaches commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, his time spent with Emily was when Nik seemed the most happy.
        ♥♥

• MalteseBaby
        MalteseBaby commented
        Editing a comment
        There's no doubt in my mind that Emily and Nik were meant to be the kind of long- term couple Sonny/ Carly are and Jason/ Sam are.
        They were so beautiful together- his strength, her delicate fragility..

I truly miss Emily so very much it hurts when I watch the show, even now.
    • O_Snap!
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2009

I was never a huge fan of NL as Emily. When she was cast the character was re-tooled as some kind of Melanie Wilkes type who mewed at everyone and was little miss goodness and light. Regardless, I'm first and foremost a Quartermaine stan and I'm all for anything that rights the wrongs committed by Guza against my favorite family.

With all of that twin mapping junk they could have easily spun it that Emily and Rebecca were test subjects and that it was Rebecca that was murdered. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to revist memory mapping lest we have another FrankenDrew s/l but they could have used this ridiculous plot device to make a more meaningful impact to the canvas or character. Drew and Jason should have found out about Emily and they go off to find her and somehow Drew gets killed or "disappears" but Jason is able to bring Emily home to Monica (recast or NL don't really care).

Comment

• KateQ22003
        KateQ22003 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you; I couldn't stand NL's version of Emily. I have never been a fan of characters who are written as the bestest most perfect person ever (see Sabrina); Emily was that person. BORING and INSIPID. What did me in on the character was the stupid sleeping beauty story where Nik's kiss magically cured her of terminal cancer.

• Shellyinphx
        Shellyinphx commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I am with you, and Kate (though I liked Sabrina). I didn't like NL, mostly because I loved...still love AT.
    • CassadineSon
      Soap Addict
      • Apr 2009

I never cared for Emily. Stuck up lil snob. NL was so much better as Rebecca!! They ruined it by having her personality devolve into Emily-lite.

Comment

• DEELUVSTONY
        Contract Poster
        • Mar 2004

I was not a fan of NuEmily and Nu/Old Nik. After Amber left and TC came back their personalities completely changed and trying to make the NEM romance into this fairytale story didn't work for me in part because of the writers trying to diminish their relationships with Gia and Zander as if they were not significant just a blip on the way to the "inevitable" pairing
        ​​​​​​ of Nem and I wasn't really a fan of Zander and Emily but I didn't like the way it was made out to be lesser than the NEM romance and as a NiA fan it really stunk!
        ​​

Comment

• sppa125
          Day Player
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by DEELUVSTONY View Post
          I was not a fan of NuEmily and Nu/Old Nik. After Amber left and TC came back their personalities completely changed and trying to make the NEM romance into this fairytale story didn't work for me in part because of the writers trying to diminish their relationships with Gia and Zander as if they were not significant just a blip on the way to the "inevitable" pairing
          ​​​​​​ of Nem and I wasn't really a fan of Zander and Emily but I didn't like the way it was made out to be lesser than the NEM romance and as a NiA fan it really stunk!
          ​​
          Word! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. NEM felt like a total rewrite. Nik acting like Emily was the first time he fell in love, and how he was waiting for her to grow up went totally against what we saw on screen for years. At least the Emily lookalike ended up with the Zander lookalike, I guess.

Comment

• DEELUVSTONY
            Contract Poster
            • Mar 2004

You are not alone. I might've been able to get with the NEM romance if it had been written differently. The Nia fans were definitely upset about it as were the Zem fans were I am sure. I do remember TC saying in an interview that he thought he would have to catch up on what happened with Nik while he was gone and the writers told him it wasn't necessary. Even if you had been a TC fan and wanted him back that doesn't change the things that happened with Nik during the years he was gone and recasting Emily didn't erase her history.

Comment

• aimee321
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2008

I think she should have but I feel like maybe the audience overall wasn't feeling it? Maybe I'm wrong but the general impression I got is that people weren't all that invested in her return so they ended up just writing her out again. I'd like Emily back but I don't think there is anyone who has the last name Quartermaine I wouldn't take back. I'm all about rebuilding the Q's as a strong and prominent GH family.

Comment

• heddalee
                heddalee commented
                Editing a comment
                NL as Rebecca felt weird, mostly flat, and spicy only the surface.
            • soapgirl9
              Scriptwriter
              • Aug 2009

When she came on as Rebecca, I was convinced for some reason that it would turn out that Emily and Rebecca had a triplet somewhere out there. I really have no idea where I got that idea, but I posted it on the board back then.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2006

Instead of bringing her back as Rebecca they could have taken a page from the Days playbook and had her return as Emily...nobody is ever really dead in Salem.

Comment

• brigros
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by aimee321 View Post
                  I think she should have but I feel like maybe the audience overall wasn't feeling it? Maybe I'm wrong but the general impression I got is that people weren't all that invested in her return so they ended up just writing her out again. I'd like Emily back but I don't think there is anyone who has the last name Quartermaine I wouldn't take back. I'm all about rebuilding the Q's as a strong and prominent GH family.
                  if they turned her into emily someone people actually wanted, they'd care. they didn't care because she wasn't emily

Comment

• brigros
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2007

do you think amber tamblyn would come back if asked i just read she hoped they wouldn't recast when she left in 2003 ?
                    Last edited by brigros; April 25, 2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• McShirls
                      McShirls commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'd love that but I think she's gone too far beyond gh at this point.
                  • sasha_96
                    Contract Poster
                    • Jan 2006

When they approached Tyler about coming back, the writers told him to play the character without worrying about anything that had happened that he (Tyler) was not a part of other than Laura being institutionalized. I get that Nik and Gia fans were disappointed but that was an intentional choice.

I listened to Natalia on Steve and Branford’s podcast. She was told that Rebecca was going to be a totally different character and then she was told to play her as Emily. Waste of talent and time.

Comment

• brigros
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Mar 2007

i remember on OLTL when "gigi" died it was actually sacey mrasco and she got made up to look like gigi to get rex.then stacey was killed and people found out it was gigi not stacey who was alive but she lost her memory. they could've done something like that with emily/rebecca

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X