Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH Flashback Friday: Classic episode featuring Sonny Corinthos

Introduced by Maurice Bernard, from his personal home.

No LT today.

All episode discussion here, please.

Am I supposed to be excited to watch this? Sorry. Didn’t make it through it the first time and certainly not going to waste an hour on it today.

Comment

What year is this episode? ...2019?

Comment

OK I'm totally confused. Can someone explain this episode to me? Jason with Ava, Sam and Dante. What?? I must have missed something. Is this a do over or an actual episode ?
    grammah
    Day Player
    Last edited by grammah; April 24, 2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a what if episode that featured Sonny and IF he had not made his bones, killing the DA's father on Joe Scully's orders back when he was a teenager: his entrance to the mob.
      Mike is his dad, who talks him down - Young Sonny is played by MB' real life son.
      Sonny becomes a policeman in Brooklyn, he marries Olivia, who works as a beautician.
      Dante is a grown man living in PC, married to Sam; he works for the Jerome family, who is based out of restaurant. Their hitman is Jason "Smith", the apparent lover of Ava Jerome.
      Alexis is the DA - and knows Sonny from a past life.
      Anna is the Commish, who is burned out, apparently her daughter Robin was HIV+ and died because no services were available in PC.
      Carly is Married to AJ, and has an apprent drinking problem herself. their son Michael has been forced to relocate to Singapore because of ELQ dealings with the Jeromes.....

I think that catches you up....

• wrjsell
      wrjsell
      Recurring Poster
      wrjsell commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a what if episode. What if Sonny never joined the mob. In this version he's a cop and Dante is in the mob. Of course they always have to make Sonny Saint Sonny. There are drugs in PC because Sonny didn't keep them out, Robin died of HIV because Sonny wasnt there to give all that money to Aids research, Carly is a drunk because Sonny never saved her from AJ Blah blah blah. More of it's ok because Sonny is a good mobster.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
      Mr.Sami_Brady
      Soap Addict
      Mr.Sami_Brady commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, all of that sounds more compelling and interesting than what GH has been for the last two decades.

And why no matter what changes are made and life paths the characters take, Carly is trash in all of them?

Comment

Sonny centric - what a surprise! Passed on it the first time and will again!

Comment

So, Jason would wear suits if Sonny never became a mob boss?

Comment

I like how they had Maurice's real life son Joshua play a young version of Sonny.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer
          Aspiring soap scribe
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          That was not what was said in today's show: At the close the scene was back with young Sonny (MB's son), Mike and adult Sonny - Mike was trying to stop young Sonny and Sonny told him no - it is his choice and he will have to live with the consequences. The whole plot line that led to this episode changed from Sonny burying a body on Joe Scully's order to Sonny making his bones - he was not forced. He chose to follow the orders.

• xoregonian
          xoregonian
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          Here we go, the debate of all times. I always knew they were going to have Sonny actually kill the guy, not just bury him. I thought that from day one, even though they purposely kept the dialogue vague for months. This board was split: some always thought young Sonny pulled the trigger, some thought he only got rid of the body.

A Hard Pass, Since Everyday is a special Sonny Episode.

Comment

Sonny and the path not taken...kind of glad he didn't take it...I like him better as Mob Boss Sonny over Sargent Corinthos

Comment

I kind of like this episode. It’s a complete self contained story, making it more appropriate for as a repeat. It was dark and gritty , the acting was very good, it had some twists. I have no love for mob boss Sonny, but I Kline downtrodden cop Sonny.
          There are I’d quibble with. Jason “Smith” doesn’t make sense. Carly and AJ’s son would not be named Michael because Jason named him after Sonny . And the implication that Sonny is responsible for Robin not dying of aids is just stupid.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
            OLTLBoomer
            Aspiring soap scribe
            OLTLBoomer commented
            Editing a comment
            Anna - Frank Smith was the old-time "gangster"/ mob boss back in the late 70s-early 80s that Luke Spencer was working for and left. So, to me, Jason "Smith" was a nice nod to the past. If you knew this - sorry, please disregard.

Maybe it was a good thing Sonny pulled the trigger, so he is the bad guy while Dante is a cop...

Comment

That was Margo on the couch, right? I remember SO many people insisting that Sonny would sleep with her. I never thought that, never wanted it to happen and I'm so glad it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post
            That was Margo on the couch, right? I remember SO many people insisting that Sonny would sleep with her. I never thought that, never wanted it to happen and I'm so glad it didn't happen.
            Yes, that was Margo's couch and I was speculating he and Margo would sleep together...

Comment

• xoregonian
              xoregonian
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              xoregonian commented
              Editing a comment
              When he spent the night there with Margo, I thought that MAYBE they were going to have them sleep together then. That would have been the chance for them to do it, but they didn't and I'm glad.

Thanks for sharing good episode. This was the last mob story. Sonny first murder an the body being buried under Julian's bar. Then Mike Sr blowing it up. All leading to his first murder. Margo's dad. Arranged by Margo's mom and Joe Scully Sr. Nice What If Episode

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X