Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did you first watch GH and what was the first storyline?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year did you first watch GH and what was the first storyline?

GH fans: What year did you first start watching GH and what was the first storyline that you remember?

1977,maybe 78....Laura kills David Hamilton.

Comment

• GHoldtimer
      GHoldtimer commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I started a little before this but this is the first storyline I member. In retrospect it was pretty creepy David Hamilton was sleeping with Laura. She was only 15 or 16.

It was late 70's. Scotty was dating Laura, and Bobbie was scheming to break them up.

Comment

• coffeeberry33
      coffeeberry33 commented
      Editing a comment
      That was before my time, but I can totally see that! I wish they had clips

• Ilar
      Ilar commented
      Editing a comment
      1964, I was 9 (Thank you Grandma). Storyline-- Audrey came to work at GH as nurse, after having been a stewardess (flight attendant) with the secret that she wanted to have a baby by artificial insemination. Older sister, Lucille March, one of nurses, warned her not to keep it from Dr. Steve Hardy, her on again off again boyfriend. Very controversial then. Nurse Jessie Brewer was rebounding with older man who was a patient, after dealing with younger ex-husband Dr. Phil Brewer's infidelity.

• leehaven24
      leehaven24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same time for me, Laura and Scotty were newlyweds and she goes to work with Luke at the Disco.

Late 70's......Bobbie's brother Luke comes to town to help her get Scottie from Laura. And, oh those curls of Luke! Just loved those.

Comment

• lukeslove
      lukeslove commented
      Editing a comment
      This was for me too. I think it was 78 and Scotty and Laura were still a sweet couple but in 79 here came Luke Spencer. Disco Dancing Fashionista and I starting digging on Luke with that blonde curly hair. Scotty had begun to fizzle out.

Late 70s. Laura went to visit Leslie in jail for supposedly murdering David Hamilton.

Comment

Wow! That's when I started watching as well.

The year was around 1978 and Laura and Bobbie were fighting over Scotty. I also really liked the friendship between Scotty/Laura and Bryan/Claudia. They were the original 4 musketeers for me. Nice to see some longtime GH viewers. I thought I was the only one.

Comment

• 21north57west
        21north57west commented
        Editing a comment
        You are definitely not the only one!!!!!!!!!

I started watching way back when Jessie Brewer had the hots for Dr. Phil, portrayed by Roy Thinnes. The hospital story line was about a poor girl named Angie, and her dad. Does anyone remember anything more about that story line?

April,1963. A young woman was extremely upset after learning that a car accident left her face disfigured. A dashing Dr. Steve Hardy immediately proved to be both professional and kind. (I guess I got kinda hooked)

Comment

• AMHardulak
        AMHardulak commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^Thanks for the love Victorialord (I love your name!) And 21north57west, here is a soapy goodness summary of that first s/l (from soaps.com):
        Chief of Internal Medicine Dr. Steve Hardy’s (John Beradino) very first patient at General Hospital was Angie Costello (Jana Taylor), who needed facial surgery after a car accident with her boyfriend Eddie Weeks (Craig Curtis, Doug Lambert). After recovering from plastic surgery she gave her illegitimate child with Eddie up for adoption but the two were later arrested for kidnapping the baby back. They were eventually awarded custody and left town.

• Karla1953
        Karla1953 commented
        Editing a comment
        @21north57west...seems others answered, so here is my addition. Angie returns in April 1993 and visits with Steve the same day as his 30th anniversary at General Hospital. Angie is related to Steve and Audrey through marriage, as her father-in-law, Al Weeks, married Audrey's sister, Lucille, years after Angie was seen on the show.

• Ilar
        Ilar commented
        Editing a comment
        Just commented above. I was a year after you, 1964.

1997 ... I was 6/7 years old and got in trouble so I had to sit on the couch... mom was watching some weird show with this evil lady that was in a wheel chair and she pushed this blonde off a roof. I watched that entire episode and every episode afterwards. Come to find out... it was Helena pushing Catherine.

Comment

Originally posted by AMHardulak View Post
        April,1963. A young woman was extremely upset after learning that a car accident left her face disfigured. A dashing Dr. Steve Hardy immediately proved to be both professional and kind. (I guess I got kinda hooked)
        Oh, wow! So the pilot was your first episode? That is so cool!

Comment

• AMHardulak
          AMHardulak commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^Yeah. ABC had done a great job of promoting their new soap. I couldn't wait to run home from the 8th grade to watch it

Don't remember the year, but Robin and Stone. That is why I watched. Then I stuck around or paid attention but wasn't a must see anymore once Stone passed for Liz and Lucky and the transformation of Jason Morgan, then became hooked again for Jason and Liz relationship.

Comment

I suppose it depends on what is meant by watch. My mom watched when she was pregnant with me in 1977. And I have vague memories of seeing it when I was a toddler. And i remember the wedding of Luke and Laura. I remember actually watching by my own choice starting when I was about 6, my neighbor who was two years older than me, watched it and I would watch with her. At that time, I want say the stories centered around Robert and Holly at the time. And shortly after I started watching, Robin was introduced and suddenly there was a character my age.

Comment

2003, Sam, Jax and the "Dead Man's Hand"

Comment

2006...Alexis is Sam's mother storyline; hence my screen name.

Comment

1978. I was 8 yrs old then and would watch AW and GH with my grandparents after getting off the school bus. It was the triangle of Laura, Luke and Scotty that got me started on GH.

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                  Late 70s. Laura went to visit Leslie in jail for supposedly murdering David Hamilton.
                  Me too. The first image of GH that I can remember is that scene.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X