• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadreamin'
    Executive Poster
    • Nov 2010

Wow Valentin is actually thinking of Charlotte first

I must say his conversation with Laura was a surprise. Giving up his custody battle now that he realizes he is no good for Charlotte. She rationalized his attempt to kill Ava and he saw the damage in that. Whoa - what a surprise. I must say I was quite impressed with the sacrifice Valentin is now willing to make for the good of his daughter.

We never doubted his love for Charlotte, but he certainly proved it today !!
  • LukeIsDaMan
    Executive Poster
    • Mar 2006

Proved it way more than Lulu ever did today. Gotta give props to Laura today for trying to talk sense into Lulu...too bad some are too thick headed!

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
      LukeIsDaMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh believe me when Valentine was going on with the same stuff about soul custody and taking Charlotte away from Lulu I loathed and detested that as well. I am blaming Lulu for thinking solely of herself. Heck..Laura knows what Valentine is and she hates him too, but has the god given sense to know that Charlotte loves her father and more damage will be done ripping her away from him totally. Didn't Lulu (after Laura said it's what's best for Charlotte) basically say something along the lines of it's not what's best for me..tells it all right there IMO. ITA Wanda Wolek At least Valentine had enough love to put Charlotte first..I'll even give the credit to Laura as well!

• Shellyinphx
      Shellyinphx commented
      Editing a comment
      I think when Lulu attempts to kill Valentin then I will agree that the comparisons are the same. Of course Val doesn't rant as much about Lulu, she hasn't done anything to him beyond trying to be with the daughter he kept from her.

• LukeIsDaMan
      LukeIsDaMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh believe me when Valentine was going on with the same stuff about soul custody and taking Charlotte away from Lulu I loathed and detested that as well. I am blaming Lulu for thinking solely of herself. Heck..Laura knows what Valentine is and she hates him too, but has the god given sense to know that Charlotte loves her father and more damage will be done ripping her away from him totally. Didn't Lulu (after Laura said it's what's best for Charlotte) basically say something along the lines of it's not what's best for me..tells it all right there IMO. ITA Wanda Wolek At least Valentine had enough love to put Charlotte first..I'll even give the credit to Laura as well!
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

His comments to Laura really wowed me.

Valentin has been written very inconsistently. Originally he just hated the people who mocked him.

He often was going to side with Lulu about disciplining, or at least speaking to Charlotte when she was bullying Aiden, but Nina would shut him down, not believing that Charlotte could do any wrong.

I hate the things that the writers have done to the character since they started going back and forth, the Peter connection being one of them.

I loved the very complex character who Valentin started out as and I hope they remember his motivation and begin to write him correctly again.
    Last edited by believeinme246; April 21, 2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• TheBlackRose
      TheBlackRose commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like they've written him into a corner. Now he's just a love-sick puppy whose existence is solely based on loving Nina and nothing more. I need to see some FIRE from Valentine, not whining and crying over Nina and not being weak. Cassadine or not, he needs to create some chaos. Or he needs to go, out of mercy.
  • taramartin
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2013

Laura should raise Charlotte, not Lulu. I hope Valentin gets visitation because Charlotte loves him so much.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      Valentin is willing to cut himself out of his daughter's life by giving Lulu sole custody. He's willing to remove his daughter from his nefarious personality. That is a man who loves his daughter. As for "gaslighting" Charlotte, he stopped the instant she didn't buy his story. And that is what made him realize that he was not a good influence on her. I don't think he's an awful dad. He is an incredibly flawed one. But Lulu is not the perfect parent either. Too bad she doesn't see her faults like Valentin can see his.

• TunerEyes
      TunerEyes commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Valentin is in too deep to change. At least he was appauled at the glee Charlotte was expressing at trying to get rid of Ava and Nicolas. I think if Valentin could rewrite his past he would. He's apparently capable of knowing a deep love both in a woman and for a child. He's a sad man literally and I think he would love to be happy. He loved Anna and I do believe he truly loves Nina.
      Last edited by TunerEyes; April 21, 2020, 07:30 PM.

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      It would have been really nice if Lulu had "visitation" with Charlotte for the first six years of her life. Oh - I forgot - Valentin didn't bother to let Charlotte know Lulu was her mother or let Lulu know she had a daughter - for HIS OWN SELFISH REASONS. He wanted to claim Charlotte as totally his to have the upper hand in raising her. AND, he STILL let Charlotte believe he was innocent when it came to the deception about Sasha. He allowed her to continue to believe it was all Sasha.

If Valentine was honest with his daughter and took responsibility for his actions and explained to her why she didn't know Lulu was her mother, it might be a first step in seeing him as someone who wants to be a better man for his daughter's sake. Instead, we have people here spouting hatred for Lulu who is one of the people who actually holds Valentin accountable. I'm not going to condemn her for being astute enough to know right from wrong. Sometimes things ARE black and white. Lulu has been shown to be an attentive, concerned mother who has tried to hold Charlotte accountable for her actions. Rocco - outside of his father's disappearance from his life - seems to be pretty well adjusted, so Lulu must be doing something right. Laura wasn't around for Lulu's childhood, so why should she be allowed to raise Charlotte? Lulu has the right to decide what's best for her daughter, not Laura.
  • Anna74
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2014

Valentin does love Charlotte and he wants her to be a better person than he is. I hope he’s getting his complexity and nuance back. I love the Valentin I saw today.

Comment

• J_Sam
      Senior Board Member
      • Nov 2015

He is being honest he knows he has not shown a good role model now that she told him about what she saw..he realizes his life style is not right for a child especially a 10 yr old girl... he knows the truth, it hit him in the face today and He saw the light...Im glad he went to Laura,, she's the one he needed to talk to..because if he went to lulu could you see her trying to be understanding no she'd be her loonie self.. I think Laura would make a good parent to Charlotte better than Lulu... Im glad Valentine did what he had to do for his daughters well being.. to get her straight... before she did some thing really dangerous... Im TEAM VALENTINE al the way all the time.....

Comment

• Eeloie313
        Day Player
        • Dec 2017

Valentin realizes he does not need to be in Charlotte's life right now. That's why he said if Lulu pursues sole custody he will not fight it. However, this will be a disaster unless he talks to and convinces Charlotte that he is stepping back of his own volition because Charlotte will definitely believe Lulu somehow forced him away. I just hope it is not too late for Charlotte to 'grow' a conscience because due to Val and Nina, she doesn't have one yet!

Comment

• jmpenn90
          jmpenn90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Charlotte could also blame herself. She already thinks he is mad at her so now she will think she messed up and now he doesn’t love her. If he doesn’t handle this right she will either blame Lulu or herself and both are bad with blaming herself actually probably being the worse of the two.
      • Brandy1981
        Executive Poster
        • Apr 2018

My heart was breaking for Val today. I hope he can stay in her life when he gets his life back on track. I think Charlotte will have a fit if she can't be in her papa's life.

Comment

• TootSweet
          Board Regular
          • May 2019

Valentin was actually human today. The moment he realized how his actions have traumatized his daughter was so raw and genuine. He saw himself in Charlotte and it scared him. Him turning to Laura immediately afterwards took a lot of guts. As a parent who would do anything for her kids, I can respect that. Lulu needs to stop with her accusations and LISTEN to her daughter. Charlotte is trying to warn her parents. Now is the time to listen!

Comment

• LJH
            Senior Board Member
            • Feb 2014

He finally woke up. She has always been a child of privilege. What Charlotte wanted, Charlotte got. There was no discipline. When Willow tried to talk to Val and Nina about Charlotte's behavior in class, they went over Willow's head and got her fired. Charlotte believes nothing she does is wrong. Val finally realized he has been setting a bad example. Now, I hope Lulu can get off her high horse, and be thankful Val is stepping back, and not continue to badmouth him around Charlotte. She loves her papa, good, bad, or indifferent. Best if Lulu's behavior doesn't make her hate her mom.

Comment

• rkm137
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Dec 2009

Back when Valentin pushed Ava, many of saw Charlotte look at the spot Ava went over. At the time, I hoped that Charlotte saw and would be the one to call her father on his lies, or at least inadvertently say something that would catch him out.

But this is actually better. Valentin seeing for himself how his actions have affected Charlotte. If she had been upset with him, he would have cooed at her and tried to convince her it wasn't true. But with her simply trying to emulated him, he really saw the damage of his actions.
              Last edited by rkm137; April 22, 2020, 06:01 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Terri237
                Terri237 commented
                Editing a comment
                I always thought the Ava over the parapet business was done only so that Nikolas could make a big entrance. I'm kinda glad that there was actually a purpose to that scene other than to add one more reason for Port Charles citizens to hate him.
            • TunerEyes
              Soap Addict
              • Dec 2014

After catching her in a lie about the snake and how much pleasure she took in it scaring Ava and then learning she had seen him push Ava off the parapet he realized she was becoming more like a Cassidine that he would have ever wanted. He has always loved his mon petite and today he really proved he was a caring father and truly wanted the best for her. That couldn't have been easy for him to reach out to Laura, who has honestly been the more big picture rational one in the extended family. She clearly was shocked. As well as me!

Comment

• lovejomar
                Contract Poster
                • Apr 2013

LaLa214 I agree with you totally about LuLu and Valentin.

Comment

• lala214
                  lala214 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks

mtsmtsmtsmts
              • lovejomar
                Contract Poster
                • Apr 2013

I think it might be to late for Laura to reshape Charlotte as it has been years at this point of watching her father Valentin and emulating him do what ever you want to get what you want. She is going to hate her mother Lulu for keeping her from her father and will not understand it is his idea.

Comment

• thecourt99
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jun 2008

I was impressed by his comments to Laura, but I wonder what he plans on telling Charlotte. If left to her own devices, she has proven that she will blame everyone around her and exact revenge. Will he show her what it looks like to take responsibility for ones own actions? Will he show her how to be contrite?
                  Last edited by thecourt99; April 22, 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X