Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Charlotte was just allowed to buy that snake?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autumnqueen
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Jan 2020

Charlotte was just allowed to buy that snake?

Letting a kid buy a snake(or any type of animal) on their own sounds like a bad idea? Especially Charlotte, who's elementary school aged. I wouldn't think a reputable reptile store would sell to a ten year old. Also, she defends herself by saying the snake isn't venomous. But what if nobody had realized that? It could've ended badly for the snake.
    Last edited by autumnqueen; April 20, 2020, 02:01 PM.
  • DaffyMaiden
    Senior Board Member
    • Feb 2008

If she bought it online with a card in Valentin's name, they wouldn't know her age.

Comment

• autumnqueen
      autumnqueen commented
      Editing a comment
      True. I hope that Violet and Finn kept the snake, honestly. I feel like they'd be better owners.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Yes Valentin gave her free reign to use his credit card . Very bad parenting.

Comment

• LovingLiz
      Scriptwriter
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by autumnqueen View Post
      Letting a kid buy a snake(or any type of animal) on their own sounds like a bad idea? Especially Charlotte, who's elementary school aged. I wouldn't think a reputable reptile store would sell to a ten year old. Also, she defends herself by saying the snake isn't venomous. But what if nobody had realized that? It could've ended badly for the snake.
      Uh just going to put this out there, if I ever reach into my purse adn pull out a handful of snake, its going to end badly for the snake venomous or not.

Comment

• autumnqueen
        autumnqueen commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly. I feared that something bad would happen to the snake because so many people fear them. Charlotte didn't seem to consider that. I know she's a kid, but...maybe she shouldn't have a pet.

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        Daffy, I don't disagree, wouldn't change my initial reaction before I even realize what is moving in my hand, its getting tossed 10 feet across the room, slammed into the wall. But to be fair, outside the occasional water moccasin nestthey put up by our garage each fall and each year we have to get rid of we just let the black snakes, water snakes, garden snakes, white ring snakes and rat snakes do their thing. But next to the garage is just too close to the house to let poisonous snakes nest and breed.

• DaffyMaiden
        DaffyMaiden commented
        Editing a comment
        LovingLiz wow, where do you live that you're so rich in reptile neighbors? ?
    • lala214
      Senior Board Member
      • Apr 2018

Valentin gave a CHILD a credit card w/no limit, so yeah, Charlotte can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Maxie scoffed when Lulu pointed that out, but to me, that is pretty bad parenting.

Comment

• autumnqueen
        Lurking in the Shadows
        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by lala214 View Post
        Valentin gave a CHILD a credit card w/no limit, so yeah, Charlotte can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Maxie scoffed when Lulu pointed that out, but to me, that is pretty bad parenting.
        Oh, it definitely is. I mean...especially if she's going to buy living animals with it. Valentin needs to cut up the card and cancel it.

Comment

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          He should have never given her that card. She is 10! She does not need a credit card!

• Emerald Greens
          Emerald Greens commented
          Editing a comment
          It would serve him right if Charlotte put him in bankruptcy. Indeed it’s horrible parenting. Maxie is a dipstick to shrug it up off .
      • SoapQuest
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2019

Val needs to understand that she is no longer his sweet little Charlotte.

Comment

• autumnqueen
          autumnqueen commented
          Editing a comment
          He really does. This isn't the first troubling thing she's done.

• SoapQuest
          SoapQuest commented
          Editing a comment
          His mom is Helena so he should begin looking for signs of evil at this point.
      • samson2
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2006

He should have told Laura about the snake at least.

but I give him kudos he was so stunned and I think maybe ashamed of what Charlotte saw him do!11

Comment

• lovejomar
          Contract Poster
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by lala214 View Post
          I’m surprised Charlotte didn’t buy a gun since it is so easy to buy things on line.

Comment

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right!?!? She might do that next.
        • autumnqueen
          Lurking in the Shadows
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by samson2 View Post
          He should have told Laura about the snake at least.

but I give him kudos he was so stunned and I think maybe ashamed of what Charlotte saw him do!11
          Same. I feel like the last thing he honestly wants is for his daughter to be like him or Helena.

Comment

• Ekokai
            Board Regular
            • Feb 2010

It's amazing how the writers just pretend there are no real-world rules that viewers would know about. You can't just give your kid their own credit card. If they meant he gave her a pre-loaded card, they should have made that clear. It annoys me since I work in the credit card industry. This is as bad as when they keep sending the kids off to use a ride share. No unaccompanied minors allowed (my former side job).

Comment

• KateQ22003
              KateQ22003 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, he gave her a card. I'm thinking she is either a co-applicant or a user. My husband has a card with his name on it, but the account is mine.

• DaffyMaiden
              DaffyMaiden commented
              Editing a comment
              KateQ22003 that's what I meant. It's his account. She can use it, but he gets the bills.

• Ekokai
              Ekokai commented
              Editing a comment
              That's my point. She's not old enough to be a cardholder on his account. We have people all the time who want to do that. Kids have to be 18 for most cards and the lowest I ever saw was 17.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X