• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • natty3
    Executive Poster
    • Nov 2006

Jarlys relationship is creepy and unhealthy[merged]

If I'd never seen gh before snd watched the last 2 episodes I'd think jarly were married or lovers. Their friendship is totally inappropriate . Jason is a dead beat dad and he lives in town with the kids . Where was he to check on jake when his step dad admitted to going on a killing spree? He at least mentions danny and scout . Sam only made it as long as she did with Jason bc she was willing to step aside or help him with the messes that carson and michael were always in.
    I was a fan if jarly when sarah joy brown played her and they were th ou s close to becoming a real couple until she screwed sonny. During the tamra carly years he was so obsessed with the corinthos clan he changed Sam's DNA tests that he was the dad to save sonnys family . Jason destroyed and broke the qs hearts by stealing Michael away from aj his real dad and handed him over to carlys latest man Michaels 4th father .
    I cant remember how many times jasam were interrupted by another corinthos crisis. Finally when jasam were engaged he told carly no more barging in at all hrs no more kicking sam out and sam comes first . Sam had to have carly banned bc she was obsessed with telling Jason robin died. Monica told sam the stress of telling jason robin died would kill him after major brain surgery . Sam had to ban her and she still snuck in in scrubs to tell him. Jason screamed and left his pregnant wife and recent rape victim bc she was just looking out for him. But it was ok for him to lie to her for months about Jake the child he never speaks of . Danny he sees at least and mentions but he puts carly over his kids and ex wife/lover again mother of his child.
    it's sad bc jason needs to be needed by carly and all her kids . He will probably deliver this baby and carly lost jax bc shes woukdnt give up her friendship with Jason
    in the 5 yrs jason was gone she grew up and handled her life . Shes back to her co dependency in Jason. Alexis and jax and Patrick and liz had very close non sexual friendships but they had lives . It's very sad that Jason is breathless over carly and will give his life up for her but is nothing to poor jake . And sam.and danny come second . I guess Sam is ok to have sex with but emotionally carly is his forever and it's boring they both need to have boundaries in this bff friendship
  • mamafenocchi
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2009

I will find a way to get to you....Bestill my ever loving Jarly heart

Comment

• CryIdareya
      CryIdareya commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
      They should just put these two together already now they are soulmates and belong together
      Jarly was everything when SB played the role. Definitely the best Jason pairing in my eyes hands down. Now , they work entertainment wise ,but I don't see romantic chemistry between LW and SB . I do think they work better than he and Sam now though.
      Last edited by CryIdareya; March 13, 2019, 11:15 AM.

• Brandy1981
      Brandy1981 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love their friendship too. I just don't want them to be romantic. They work as friends.I would hate for them to change them.That is why I am afraid for Sonny to cheat because it would probqbly send them to do the unthinkable.Sonny would ever forgive that and neither would I; If it ain't broke,don't fix it.

• ann gabriel
      ann gabriel commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by dolly4359 View Post
      Why in the world don't they just get these two married, if the love they have for one another doesn't outshine the love they have for their respective spouse's, no love on earth does.

There is nothing romantic about their connection, imo. They are like brother and sister. Of course they love each other, as family, but Jason is IN love with Sam, and Carly is IN love with Sonny.
  • KateQ22003
    Executive Poster
    • Dec 2008

Jason and Carly are the way a couple should be written. The writers can dance around their relationship as they have been for years, but a scene like yesterday clearly shows that these two should be given a true shot.

Comment

• MYA
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2014

Jason and Carly love each other, they are family. The writers are showing their connection and in every sense of the word they love each other deeply, not inappropriately there’s no obvious lusting and side-eying each other. They will be there thankfully, when needed for one another and their children. We don’t see parents with their kids really, as far as deadbeat moms and dads go.

Comment

• geraldine123
        geraldine123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Jason and Carly have an immense friendship and deeply love each other. In real life, the extent of it would not be demonstrated to the degree it is as it could pose problems for them with their significant others. Some SO's have issues with BFF's in same gender relationships of the Jason/Carly caliber.
    • Jackaled
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Nov 2007

Jason will ALWAYS put Carly first.
      Above ANY woman
      he did it with Robin, when she kept
      harping on him to cut Carly out of thier
      lives when they played house together
      with baby Michael.. Jason REFUSED which
      led to Robin telling AJ about Micheal.

He does it with Sam...

Any woman who gets with Jason will always
      have to understand that they will come second
      to CARLY, Michael and Sonny. no matter how
      much Jason professes to love them.

Jason was willing to leave Sam behind and go
      to prison for 5 years just to keep an eye on
      Michael.

At least when she was with Drew/Jakeson
      he gave lip service to leaving Carson behind
      for Sam.. But we have NEVER heard Jason
      profess the same..

Carson/Michael are a part of the package
      for anyone with Jason..

Comment

• jaxijoy
        jaxijoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said @Maxum
        Sometimes we create a problem, where none exists.

• ann gabriel
        ann gabriel commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people just don't want Jason with Sam. It's that simple. They see what they want to see, regardless of what might be shown onscreen.

• Skeet Davidson
        Skeet Davidson commented
        Editing a comment
        Precisely, ann gabriel it never ceases to amaze me the people who just don’t pay any attention to the actual words spoken and scenes shown on screen! The “I don’t see it” or “I interpreted it different” is ridiculous it’s English right out of characters mouths doesn’t require interpretation. They of course don’t have any “agenda” even though they are blatant Drew/Sam fans, Jasam haters or Jason haters nooooo...... they are being objective and not at all biased “they just don’t see it”! Right........... SMH
    • natty3
      Executive Poster
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MYA View Post
      Jason and Carly love each other, they are family. The writers are showing their connection and in every sense of the word they love each other deeply, not inappropriately there’s no obvious lusting and side-eying each other. They will be there thankfully, when needed for one another and their children. We don’t see parents with their kids really, as far as deadbeat moms and dads go.
      I never said jason lusts for carly although if jason told carly he was in love with her and would marry her skid Mark's would be on sonnys back. I think jason only had sexual chemistry with Sarah's carly and that's not counting that they did start their relationship having nameless sex. Im.talking about after esp in 99 when they kissed a couple times . When she screwed sonny bc carly was a destructive sociopath who just blows anything good in her life. Jason finally told her he wanted her and she blew it bc jason was dancing with liz? So instead of confronting him she decided to basically offer herself up to an equally destructive sonny the guy who told her maybe a pimp who hasnt been warned about u will take u in. Jason somehow still convinced himself to be Carson's obedient dog with no life . He ruined his chances with liz and courtney bc of Carson and the bizness. And Robin as well.
      yea I know we dont see kids with parents on soaps but Jake is totally forgotten . He never mentions him and with this franco mess it was a good time for him to see how Jake was doing he didn't give 2 ****s about Jake. He mentions danny and scout bc hes having sex with their mom. The show has really heavy handed jarlys bff status so maybe they should just go for it at this point bc jason has mostly been about carly since he returned . Someone else said they can see them having sleepovers and braiding eachothers hair . The whole as long as im.breathing line was a little intimate for friends . Sam telling krissy about Jason putting carly first actually was not wrong and jason has 2 boys now a family of his own it's time to put them first second and last . He had his little convo with Jocelyn what about talks with Jake who we hear is crushed about franco . A scene was called for there but Jason still needs to be the danger junkie and hero to carly. He was ready to run off and help sonny thank god sonny seems to have learned to do his own thing without jason but still remain like brothers wish carly would be the same. Carly was inserted into the ryan story so Jason could be inserted . I need a break from their best friends forever routine and see jason have a life. If hes not saving carson and michael the last 16 yrs what is he ? He was willing to go to prison for yrs and let Sam.just get her conjugal visits in a prison. I love jasam and that's why I'm so sick of Jason putting the corinthos clan first
      what's funny is he wouldnt let Monica see her grandson Michael but now he let's her raise his kids
      Last edited by natty3; March 13, 2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Chris
        Chris commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree 100% of everything you've said, in all your posts. Except that I have always despised Sam and Jason together. I hate Jason and I thought I hated Sam too, but when she was with Drew I actually enjoyed her and now I want SO. MUCH. MORE. for her than she apparently wants for herself.
        Last edited by Chris; March 13, 2019, 10:25 AM.

• MYA
        MYA commented
        Editing a comment
        When the word inappropriate was used it seemed like it could possibly be a reference to some underlying yearning, thanks for clarifying. Jason was no longer connected to Q’s he didn’t think of them as family and with good reason he distrusted them. Carly was Jason Morgan’s first family, they are forever bonded by Michael, it’s an equally important relationship to both they respect and cherish it, and those who love them get it. Sam signed up for this, eyes wide open, if you love Jason you get his family. IMO, Jason has had sexual chemistry with all the Carly’s, except maybe for number 3(Lol) and Carly from 20 years ago may leave skid marks on Sonny, Carly today is committed to her husband and family, she’s not the same misguided young women. If Carly’s is so selfish to dump her family why work so hard to get Jasam back together, why not manipulate the situation and try and get Jason into bed, God knows after going without intimacy for years he would have been vulnerable. If she wanted him the way some think, it would have benefited her to stay out of the triangle or push Sam towards Drew, that didn’t happen and nothing they’ve done or said is any different then any other year. I will concede they love each other deeply and I believe except for Sonny & Sam, Jason and Carly could cross the friendship line if they weren’t destroying others to be together. I’m glad the kids see their grandma the dynamics are different now, then 20 + years ago, imo Jason just doesn’t qualify as a deadbeat and he’s not putting anyone before his future wife and kids. Also I am Jasam fan and a Carsam fan, I prefer Jarly as friends.
    • believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2015

Although we're supposed to think of Jason as a good father these days, when he was written more in character, he rejected Jake for Jake's safety and Liz named Lucky as his father. Jason also wanted Danny aborted because he rejected Sam and her child after rape. I hated Jason for that. Yes he went back to her right before being presumed killed, but the old Jason pushed everyone away for their safety or happiness.

Today that danger is forgotten. He's openly Jake's father. He loves Danny, but to me that is as hard to understand as Carly and Liz wanting to marry the man who kidnapped a child or set their child up for rape. It's just not in character.

One could argue that Jason was a loving father to Michael but to me, that's the same as saying that Nina was a loving mother to Jaime Summers. Michael was never his to love.
      Last edited by believeinme246; March 13, 2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• sasha_96
        sasha_96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Franco hired Cater to rape Michael to mess with Jason. Pure and simple. No magic video changes that. Even if it did, he is dumb dumb who hired a known sexual predator.

• KateQ22003
        KateQ22003 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, Franco did not hire Carter to rape Michael. He hired him to watch him.

• Shellyinphx
        Shellyinphx commented
        Editing a comment
        He hired a violent criminal to watch a young man. And then when Michael was raped he thought it was hilarious and taunted Jason about it
    • Thalia1
      Executive Poster
      • Mar 2013

Friendship with Carly is one thing. Running off to help Carly whenever she beckons is another, and a very sick another. Sam is at much as fault as Jason for participating in this dysfunctional set up. It is a roadblock to true intimacy and partnership so nobody in this triangle has to risk the danger of getting in too deep emotionally. Love is a word. Having a partner you can rely upon is a major component of true love. Imagine being married to or involved with a person who has a Carly in their life and being left high and dry whenever she "needed" him. These three are poster children for co-dependency.

Comment

• Arlenekean
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2017

Carly is a real woman imo. I hate her since she stole Avery from Ava, but she is written imo 180 degrees from what Sam is so Jason has the ability to be really intimate ( without sex ) with her. Sam is written to be a self seeking cynical stepford compared to Carly's genuine, soft and philanthropist demeanor . Yes the writers instruct the actors to be that way, but Jason needs a compassionate and loving woman to protect. Carly is that while Sam is portrayed as just a foolish damsel in distress. Either way Jason saves them both from near death bi annually yet the Jarly relationship is so easy to watch and root for while the Jasam relationship is a predictable, very cartoonish, scooby doo ish forced story for me these days
        Last edited by Arlenekean; March 13, 2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Eastwood
          Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly did not steal Avery from Ava. Avery is Sonny’s daughter, Sonny took custody when Ava disappeared. Custody is between Ava and Sonny. Carly can have her opinion and comments but it’s between Sonny and Ava.
      • MorganFamValues
        Day Player
        • Sep 2017

A friendship that spans years, and so many of life's ups and downs is creepy? There are people in this world (fictional and non-fictional) who just connect, and have an understanding of and with one another. Jason and Carly's friendship has endured a lot over the years, and both have lost significant others for reasons that go beyond their friendship.

Also, if Jason is a deadbeat dad then so is every other man on the show.

Drew is only concerned about Oscar - no mentions of Scout.
        Dante left his wife and son to go on a wild goose chase around the world.
        Julian NEVER talks about and rarely sees Leo.

See how that works?

Comment

• MorganFamValues
          MorganFamValues commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably because Jake is another Franco prop.

• Shellyinphx
          Shellyinphx commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm still not sure what Drew has to do with Jason choosing to not spend time with his son.

• CryIdareya
          CryIdareya commented
          Editing a comment
          It hasn't been months since Drew saw Scout. Scout is at the Q's constantly.
      • mamafenocchi
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by KateQ22003 View Post
        Jason and Carly are the way a couple should be written. The writers can dance around their relationship as they have been for years, but a scene like yesterday clearly shows that these two should be given a true shot.
        True! Jarly never truly were given a chance and their relationship/friendship is true and genuine. They know each other inside and out, and no spoken word is necessary between them. I’m ok with them remaining BFFs but would sure love to see them given a true shot after 20 plus years of seeing their love for each other that has withstood the test of time.

Comment

• mamafenocchi
          Executive Poster
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by natty3 View Post
          If I'd never seen gh before snd watched the last 2 episodes I'd think jarly were married or lovers. Their friendship is totally inappropriate . Jason is a dead beat dad and he lives in town with the kids . Where was he to check on jake when his step dad admitted to going on a killing spree? He at least mentions danny and scout . Sam only made it as long as she did with Jason bc she was willing to step aside or help him with the messes that carson and michael were always in.
          I was a fan if jarly when sarah joy brown played her and they were th ou s close to becoming a real couple until she screwed sonny. During the tamra carly years he was so obsessed with the corinthos clan he changed Sam's DNA tests that he was the dad to save sonnys family . Jason destroyed and broke the qs hearts by stealing Michael away from aj his real dad and handed him over to carlys latest man Michaels 4th father .
          I cant remember how many times jasam were interrupted by another corinthos crisis. Finally when jasam were engaged he told carly no more barging in at all hrs no more kicking sam out and sam comes first . Sam had to have carly banned bc she was obsessed with telling Jason robin died. Monica told sam the stress of telling jason robin died would kill him after major brain surgery . Sam had to ban her and she still snuck in in scrubs to tell him. Jason screamed and left his pregnant wife and recent rape victim bc she was just looking out for him. But it was ok for him to lie to her for months about Jake the child he never speaks of . Danny he sees at least and mentions but he puts carly over his kids and ex wife/lover again mother of his child.
          it's sad bc jason needs to be needed by carly and all her kids . He will probably deliver this baby and carly lost jax bc shes woukdnt give up her friendship with Jason
          in the 5 yrs jason was gone she grew up and handled her life . Shes back to her co dependency in Jason. Alexis and jax and Patrick and liz had very close non sexual friendships but they had lives . It's very sad that Jason is breathless over carly and will give his life up for her but is nothing to poor jake . And sam.and danny come second . I guess Sam is ok to have sex with but emotionally carly is his forever and it's boring they both need to have boundaries in this bff friendship
          Jarly is awesome. There is a reason the various writers over the years has retained the Carly/Jason friendship/relationship. They see what a lot of people see, A great love for each other, an unbreakable bond. They could have ended that friendship years ago, but the writers continue to write their story as being friends/family/soulmates. They are the best non-couple couple in GH or any soap.

Comment

• natty3
            Executive Poster
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Thalia1 View Post
            Friendship with Carly is one thing. Running off to help Carly whenever she beckons is another, and a very sick another. Sam is at much as fault as Jason for participating in this dysfunctional set up. It is a roadblock to true intimacy and partnership so nobody in this triangle has to risk the danger of getting in too deep emotionally. Love is a word. Having a partner you can rely upon is a major component of true love. Imagine being married to or involved with a person who has a Carly in their life and being left high and dry whenever she "needed" him. These three are poster children for co-dependency.
            No I cant imagine having a lover fiancee husband run off and leave me when carly calls with her latest crisis. Now that's shes preggers I cant imagine how protective he will be again like all.her pregnancies. I dont know how this doesnt piss sonny off . If u think about it carson have rarely been a couple with jason around . He came back for short stints til about 2002-2003 and carson were having major problems he knocked up sam and carly had the hots for lorenzo and married him. Carson got back together in 04 but were totally done in 05 carly dated jax and they married in 07 to 2010. Carson didnt sleep together again until I think 2014 and were married in 2015 til now which jason was gone for their reconciliation. So it would be interesting to see sonny have a problem with this like I said jason really wasnt around much for when carson were actually a full blown couple they werent together for a lot more years than I thought . I remember sonny calling jason to get carly in line like when he was marrying brenda. I always thought since jason was obsessed with baby michael we saw that baby with jason everyday that we saw those twins grow into 4 year olds he actually didn't have a lot of scenes with Morgan. So I figured once jason had his own kids HEd be unbelievable as a dad . Yes he dumped Jake to keep him safe and their was a wierd back and forth with liz like she wanted him bad to go screw privately but would turn down his marriage proposals I remember when he canceled on her for a dinner date fired her phone in a rage they ended their entire " relationship " at the end of 08 bc it wasnt really a relationship they were secretly having sex and he wasnt claiming Jake. Then he went back to sam saying how much he loved her and regrets they ever broke up it was a little huh ? Bc it was like the brief liason thing was like it never happened so he left Jake to keep him safe but was more than happy to get sam pregnant. They were married so they couldn't exactly hide that he was the childs dad . Then the franco mess and jason was gone. He seemed to bond very fast with danny bc he was younger and a more gentle kid. Jake was prob even more confused than danny bc lucky was his official dad than he was taken than drewson was his dad than Jason came back and at the same time franco was his father figure he just doesnt mention Jake and on soaps I get kids aren't seen but are mentioned which jason does mention danny and scout and he did spend every holiday with danny valentines day 4th of July halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas he went to the hospital reading and didnt even give Jake a wave or smile .

I guess it's so glaring not to see jason and sam with their kids more bc after baby lila died that was a huge thing they discussed constantly having a baby . Plus jason was with Michael soooo much ud think hed see his kids a little more and sam too who begged jason to give her a baby many many times

anyway when jason got back from prison I thought how much of a doormat is sam. She said I would have visited u every week for 5 yrs if I had to . Imagine that ur boyfriend sending himself to prison to watch out for his nephew ? Hell no. That was sonnys mess. I think sam watched and saw courtney couldnt except jasons life and she was history she saw that carly excepted sonnys life so I think she fell in line knowing thats the only way to be with Jason .
            I was hoping for jason to grow away from carson bc veing gone away from sam and kids he didnt know were his were there and he missed time with * he didnt know danny was his til ve got back and was really happy and he discovered Jake was alive but it's back to carly like I said carson are actually married and have been solid so I can't imagine sonny being ok when he gets back with their co dependent relationship
            Last edited by natty3; March 13, 2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Aug 2006

Although they have not acted on their feelings, it is obvious Jason and Carly would be together if they were not afraid to betray Sonny. I know many consider it a great friendship but it is much more than that. When LW woke up as the new Carly she was wanting to be with Jason. When Elizabeth was pregnant with Jake, Carly angrily stated she should have been the one to have Jason's first kid. And this was all while she was supposedly in love with Sonny. Those are not the words of "just a good friend". And we all know that Carly has been and will always be Jason's #1 priority no matter what. And did I mention they have more chemistry with each other than either of them do with their mates.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
                Shellyinphx commented
                Editing a comment
                In complete agreement with everything, especially the chemistry part.
            • Maxum
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
              Although we're supposed to think of Jason as a good father these days, when he was written more in character, he rejected Jake for Jake's safety and Liz named Lucky as his father. Jason also wanted Danny aborted because he rejected Sam and her child after rape. I hated Jason for that. Yes he went back to her right before being presumed killed, but the old Jason pushed everyone away for their safety or happiness.
              So if Jason changes and evolves that's a bad thing? He should still be viewed as the "old" Jason not the guy he is now? I read all the time the complaints of some that Jason never changes or evolves (which is fundamentally untrue, but whatever), and now when he is shown to have grown and changed, he is STILL wrong and should not be believed.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
                Shellyinphx commented
                Editing a comment
                I was told the entire time that BM was playing Jason that he didn't need to change because he was already perfect.. Jason changing was a constant criticism of BM the actor. But now him changing is somehow okay?

• Rosanna
                Rosanna commented
                Editing a comment
                shelly in a nutshell. Perfectly and beautifully stated.

Kinda sad that opiions change like a revolving door depending on whom one favors.

Imo if its good and ok for one character/actor then it should be for all. Its the integrity of the matter.

• Maxum
                Maxum commented
                Editing a comment
                shelly - I never liked BM as Jason because the character was unrecognizable. That's not change through evolution; that's just completely turning the character on its head and making him not even remotely Jason Morgan. THAT was my issue, and I stand by it. BM is much better as Drew.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X