X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lizincinti
    • Feb 2004

Board Advisory:The Ignore List

Several have asked, so I'd like to take the opportunity to remind members that the site offers a way for you to put people on ignore. This will tell the system to block all messages by any member on your Ignore List from view whenever you visit the forums.

Many posters have found that adding members to their Ignore List has enhanced their posting experience and made visiting the forums far more enjoyable. Rest assured that your Ignore List is completely private, so no one will know when you add someone or who it is.

To use the feature:

1. Open the drop-down menu next to your screen name (top right hand corner)
    2. Select User Settings
    3. Click on the Account tab
    4. Scroll to the bottom and follow instructions
    5. Click on Save Changes
    Liz
    soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .
  • McShirls
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2017

Are blocks reciprocal?

Comment

• montauk.way
      montauk.way commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt it.

• McShirls
      McShirls commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard from a mod, and she said she will check it out and get back to me.
  • december rose
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Feb 2016

If I put someone on my ignore list, does that mean I don't see any of their posts and comments? Even if they respond to my post.

What if they comment on someone else's response to me?

Comment

• Lizincinti
      • Feb 2004

The blocking feature works one way. It's a tool that basically lets you tune out certain people that you don't care for. They can still see your posts and they can reply to them, but they will never get a direct response from you because they are on ignore.

I know several posters who have used the feature in the past and without exception, they had found that it really improved their posting experience because they weren't bombarded with a slew of posts that upset and annoyed them.
      Liz
      soapcentral.com

Comment

• TinkerTailor
        Scriptwriter
        • Sep 2014

On the old board the Ignore feature worked more like mute, so the poster's posts were sort of rolled up, but you could still see they posted something and you could click to open it if you wanted to. But with the new software, the posts just aren't there, and I think quotes that are made from that poster's posts also don't appear. If they create a thread, it doesn't show up in the list either.

I rarely use Ignore now, there's just too much that's lost. I just keep a list in my head now and as I'm reading, remind myself not to let things get to me or to respond.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
          Shellyinphx commented
          Editing a comment
          If only more people could do that, we might not need so many moderators

• LisalovesJaSam
          LisalovesJaSam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, as I get older, I don't let other people's opinions bother me so much. I wish everyone would try that.

• FLPeaches
          FLPeaches commented
          Editing a comment
          amen to that
      • december rose
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Feb 2016

It is too bad that the Ignore button doesn't work the opposite way.

Allow us to prevent certain posters from seeing our posts.

Maybe it would need to be called a Block button instead.

Comment

• Lizincinti
          Lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          We've put in a request for the tech people to fix that.
      • OLTLBoomer
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2010

Question: is the "ignore" feature monitored? If a poster is ignored by several (using this function), will this lead to said poster being banned/ warned? Trolling is one thing. Free speech is another.

Comment

• Lizincinti
          Lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          No, the ignore feature is completely private and has no bearing on either posters' standing. We only infract, suspend, or revoke membership for posting violations.

• McShirls
          McShirls commented
          Editing a comment
          You are welcome. I'm glad I interpreted your comment correctly.
      • Arlenekean
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by OLTLBoomer View Post
        Question: is the "ignore" feature monitored? If a poster is ignored by several (using this function), will this lead to said poster being banned/ warned? Trolling is one thing. Free speech is another.
        If you dislike a posters opinions so much to wish them banned why would you ignore them? Wouldn't you want to see their opinions so you can alert on them and get your wish sooner?

Comment

• McShirls
          McShirls commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually think (and please correct me if I am wrong @OLTLBoomer) the poster is saying the opposite. That people could be banned for exercising their right to free speech if multiple people should block those people.

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Mcshirls - yes, you are correct. Every one is entitled to their opinion, and I will defend that (agree to disagree is in many of my posts). Trolling is a whole other matter. My concern is one poster being ignored could be taken as a problem by TPTB of this board.And thank you for having my back

• Lizincinti
          Lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to be clear -- no one will be banned for putting people on ignore, nor will anyone be banned if people put them on ignore. This is just a tool, like any other, to enhance your posting experience by having certain people blocked when you visit the forum. It is private and completely confidential.
      • shadowrose
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2009

I keep getting an error message when I try to save names to the ignore list, and it also says site admins have been notified. FYI.

Comment

• Lizincinti
          Lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you typing the member's name correctly? If you do it properly, the system will bring up their name, which will allow you to click on it to add it to your Ignore List.

You can email me privately at: [email protected]
      • ann gabriel
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2018

Though I’m not sure if I’m quite ready to block someone, I find this thread most interesting. I do have a question. Will the “blockee” know that someone has blocked them? If not, might they not just keep responding to the blocker?
        Thanks!

Comment

• Lizincinti
          • Feb 2004

No, they do not know. They are on ignore, so they can respond to a person's posts all day long, but they will not get a response. That is the point of the Ignore feature.
          Liz
          soapcentral.com

Comment

• ann gabriel
            ann gabriel commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it.

If I may ask, was there a mini hack at the site last night? All of a sudden, none of the options would work, then I was taken to another site that claimed it was working on this site. I can't remember the name, started with "v". I immediately shut down both sites and waited a while. When I returned, all was good.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X