Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're exactly where they should be, this show SUCKS. I've said it HUNDREDS of times but they have to stop with the Sonny/Jason/Carly/Sam hour and start writing good stories that they characters are not involved in. Laura become Mayor is also a joke. I'm a Laura fan but there is no way she should have beaten Ned especially after he put the city back together after the earthquake. Ned has always been a good guy and I don't get why they want to portray him as someone who doesn't know what the people of PC want. Ridiculous. This whole story about Sam's past is another waste, same ole same ole. Days is better than ever with RC at the helm (GH's loss) and I'm betting it will continue to soar.

Comment

I know some people don’t like Finn and Anna, but to say that there was no build up to their relationship and it happened suddenly is ridiculous. One only needs to look at the history of the various threads on this site regarding Finn Anna Hayden to know that the writers building toward Finn and Anna had been going on for a year. I thought the bringing up Hayden at this point in Finn and Anna’s relationship was important- they were at the point of settling into a something more serious than those initial feelings and for them to move forward, Finn needed to come to the decision that he wanted to be with Anna, which could only happen if the Hayden situation was addressed. Anna knew that Hayden ended the relationship, so there would always be that shadow over them, which is why she encouraged him to go see her in Rome. This gave both characters a way to address what had been unresolved by him telling her that he chose Anna and that as far as he was concerned he had nothing more to do with Hayden. I’m sure it was disappointing for those Hayden fans, but there have been many times in my many years of watching soaps that I have been disappointed with what the writers have done with a character or a couple. There are plenty of fans out there for Finn and Anna and to place blame on them as the reason for the poor ratings rings hollow to me. I will wait for a rating cycle that covers a complete week of new episodes before I declare an SOS for GH- but I’m an optimist at my core.

Comment

• McShirls
        McShirls commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent post! I'm enjoying Finn and Ann together. They have an easy, flirty, sexy vibe together. Long may they love! JMO

I didn't expect any great ratings for GH during holiday
      weeks. I did enjoy the classic reruns, was happy TPTB
      made that decision. I only wish that current GH had
      more of a holiday feel.

I like that "missing" characters, Hayden, Dante, Lucky,
      Morgan, Nic get mentioned. I think it shows they are still
      part of GH .... but I too feel just because they were
      mentioned doesn't guarantee their return.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMLEXIS FAN View Post
        I'll never believe Finn is in love with Anna. There was no build up to it. They only admitted they were in love when Epiphany stuck her nose in their relationship. It's all forced writing. And Hayden sending the text to Finn about making a big mistake letting him go...that means she's not over him & wants him back. Oh, well, no follow through, no consistency, forced pairings, too many newbies is all leading to low ratings.
        Finn is just too young for Anna to make it believable. Its like if Robert returned and he was sleeping with the DA Margaux

Hayden was the right age imo

Comment

Sad miserable state GH is in, but well deserved ratings. I can't even point to the usual mobbies taking over the show because GH's problems go so far beyond that. I don't even recognize this as the same show. The writers are incapable of basic writing 101 and can not deliver a bang even when it's handed to them on a silver platter.

Does the network care enough to step in or is GH going to go out with a whimper?

Comment

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/201...ber-24-28-2018

I'm glad the ratings are doing the talking for those of us who aren't happy with the direction of the show. In regards to the Hayden mentions, there should have been a follow through. Otherwise, there was no reason to bring her up. When they showed Hayden's text to Finn about making the biggest mistake letting him go, the next step was to have Hayden show up with the baby to fight for her man. I don't know if they are saving Hayden's return for Franco & Liz's wedding or what is the deal with this regime. When Frank & the gang don't follow through on storylines, mislead the audience & write for themselves to suit their own agenda, this is the type of ratings they're going to get. I predict more low ratings to come.
            This was during the holidays. Its not a true reading for ratings

Comment

• december rose
              december rose commented
              Editing a comment
              Look at the comparison to the same week last year - down 436,000 viewers.

For weeks this number has been going up almost 100,000 more lost viewers a week.
              Last edited by december rose; January 11th, 2019, 01:18 PM.

Originally posted by bekah23 View Post
            Sad miserable state GH is in, but well deserved ratings. I can't even point to the usual mobbies taking over the show because GH's problems go so far beyond that. I don't even recognize this as the same show. The writers are incapable of basic writing 101 and can not deliver a bang even when it's handed to them on a silver platter.

Does the network care enough to step in or is GH going to go out with a whimper?
            Look closely. It was holiday and short week GH IS not that bad.

Comment

I just brought Hayden up as an example of how TPTB are ignoring, misleading & playing games with the audience. And the overall writing for the show isn't up to par.
              I don't think this it misleading or playing games.

Sonny brought up Dante to Lulu the other day, Lucky was mentioned recently. Joss mentions Jax.

In fact, many viewers have asked for these type of references to characters.

Comment

Gh did the worst out of all if the soaps. An how embarrassing to show +2000 meanwhile everyone else is +100,000 almost +200,000 Y&R even more . I think the it was the holiday talk is just not relevant when compared to the other shows.
                Last edited by CryIdareya; January 11th, 2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• KristaZ
                  KristaZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly! It was the holidays excuse is meaningless when every other soap that week had decent gains. GH mustered 2,000 plus.. when other soaps went up 50x times that. It just shows the sad state GH is in. This soap is going down and ABC doesn't seem to care. It is far past time to make much needed changes.

• CryIdareya
                  CryIdareya commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @KristaZ

I'm with ya on that, changes are needed.

Plain and simple the show sucks. Too many fans on this board don't realize there are many mob fans that have been alienated and I have stopped watching the show. I read the Recaps and if anything interest me maybe I will watch on the app. There is no romance at all. Meaning good romance. I miss the days of Scrubs and the development of fun romances that have the needed angst. Now the whole show is Doom and Gloom. The writing in my opinion is bad. The cast is ridiculously large. Characters disappear for days like Ava. Like Anna. Now she's suddenly will be blind? Just horrible. I'm glad I have taken the show off my DVR. Maybe if the ratings get a little lower they can make the drastic changes needed.

There needs to be balance which means you can have the mob and Other Stories. There needs to be love triangles. They blew it was Sam Drew and Jason. The show is just an utter mess for me. I give you that keep watching Kudos. But I cant watch this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeslove View Post

Look closely. It was holiday and short week GH IS not that bad.
                  I did. They didn't count the holiday episodes and they are down over 400,000 from the year before. Most weeks last year showed a decrease year to year.

Comment

Ratings show that GH stinks for many reasons! Both Frank and Nathan need to be fired. Their agenda is to get GH cancelled in 2019! Ugh.....

Comment

Originally posted by want2stayGHfan View Post

It could be argued that the storyline was, in fact, over, but obviously that was not true, imo, or pregnant Hayden wouldn't have been shown, and more recently, Hayden's name wouldn't have been mentioned on screen, imo.

This fan-wars based storyline is not good for GH ratings, imo; and GH ratings would be higher if TPTB wrote this storyline in a way that would prompt all viewers to be on the same side: and then give viewers what they want.
                      Maybe Hayden wasn't mentioned as a lure, but as a means to move Finn and Anna's relationship to the next level? Maybe it was just done to get Finn to realize he is over Hayden?
                      As to the bolded, how in the world can the writers do this when not all viewers want the same thing?

Comment

• McShirls
                        McShirls commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Excellent points. You are describing me.. I don't want Hayden and I'm happy that Anna and Finn are together. I am enjoying them immensely.

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
                      As to the bolded, how in the world can the writers do this when not all viewers want the same thing?
                      The reason not all viewers want the same thing is the storylines are written in that way, imo.

It's possible to write storylines where all viewers want the same thing; all the Hallmark movies do it, imo.

Comment

• gracie34
                        gracie34 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I must be the exception to the rule because I can’t stomach those Hallmark movies.

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post

Maybe Hayden wasn't mentioned as a lure, but as a means to move Finn and Anna's relationship to the next level? Maybe it was just done to get Finn to realize he is over Hayden?
                      Finn & Anna's relationship isn't believable. There was no set up to this great love they share. And Epiphany had to basically push them to talk about their feelings. And, of course, they also have to use Emma to prop them as well. And when they showed Hayden's text about making the biggest mistake of letting Finn go, the next step would be to bring her back to fight for her man & of course tell him about his baby. But Frank & company don't go with what makes sense, that's why the ratings are crappy.

Comment

• MaggieTheCat
                        MaggieTheCat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Finn and Anna's realtionship seems to be believable to others. Saying its not to you, doesn't mean it isn't for everyone. Again, the next step after the TX could be different things. It didn't have to be bringing Hayden back. She could be coming back, I don't know, but it just as easily could have been done for other reasons as well.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X