Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clamcat View Post
    Unfortunately, the point of the thread has been lost. This thread is a continuation of an earlier thread that was focused on writer inconsistency. Different writers “break down” scenes. The first time Sonny explained what happened it was clear that he only buried the body. Other breakdown writers used different wording in later scenes and created the impression that Sonny was the killer. The original OP pointed out that the writers were so sloppy that they inadvertently created a controversy about what happened. Better, more careful, writers would have created a coherent story.

Writer inconsistency was the point of the thread, not whether Sonny is a killer. Everyone knows (or should know) that Sonny is a killer.
    Agreed. The fact that so many have spent time repeating the actual dialogue from episodes doesn't change anything. This has been written to be ambivalent on purpose. Soaps do this all the time then we argue, I mean discuss, what we think the writers meant.

Sonny has definitely said numerous things that could either mean he buried a dead body at Scully's instruction or killed and buried a guy on Scully's instruction. Like someone else said, until Sonny says "I killed that guy" it will continue to be debated.

Comment

• xoregonian
      xoregonian commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty much for me too. In the beginning I was sure Sonny had killed a guy for his first mob kill for Scully. Then all the rhetoric happened which made me second guess everything.

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree it is unclear on purpose. But what ever he is an accessory to murder. LOL I have seen posters on boards want someone to pay just for not reporting something they knew about a murder or gaslighting.

• TinkerTailor
      TinkerTailor commented
      Editing a comment
      It has not been unclear though. Sonny was very clear that the guy was dead already, and he just buried him. The reason he is so worried about it though is that if there is a dead guy, and the gun buried with the dead guy ONLY HAS HIS FINGERPINTS/DNA on it, then he will be charged with the murder whether he did it or not. That's what Scully had over Sonny. That's why Sonny is still worried about the body being found.

The fact that GH writers use incorrect mob terminology is neither here nor there. They don't even get the hospital terminology right, or anything related to the law.

Originally posted by McShirls View Post

The he was Scully, casually watching TV as he gave Sonny the order to bury the dead body in the trunk.
    ...and Mike thinks, Sonny did the hit.

This story intertwined within the Alzheimer story is actually very good. The writing seems more thought out and on point..

All characters concerned, especially Mike and Sonny are believable and convincing. I find myself caring about what happens. Even Jason has that, "ol'shhh" look on his face, when in discussion. And Jules has that, "I know what you did"

​​​​​​Yet more so, the Croton case hasn't side tracked the devastations of the illness on Mike and the entire family. It hasn't been lost. Imo

Comment

I don't think anyone denies that Sonny is a mobster. I don't think anyone denies he has killed people - we have seen that happen right on our TVs. What we are debating is if he actually killed this guy or if he didn't kill him and just moved the body. If they find a gun and a skeleton and Sonny's prints are on the gun - the DA would go after him for murder whether he killed the guy or not.

Comment

Scully killed the guy Im sure and he had Sonny as a clean up man,.... thats what I get out the conversation.

Comment

I remember the story being the guy was already dead and Sonny was told to get rid of the body. But maybe the story has had some inconsistencies in that some believe they heard conversations to the fact that Sonny killed the guy.

The story with Morgan changed mid-stream and back again too. First Dante said there were bits of Morgan found after the explosion, then Dante said there were no traces of him. The when Carly was at Ferncliff she said the found bits and pieces of Morgan.

I don't know if different writers write for specific characters and don't collaborate their stories or the make things so vague so there is wiggle room to rewrite history. But then they already rewrite history as they see fit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxijoy View Post

...and Mike thinks, Sonny did the hit.

This story intertwined within the Alzheimer story is actually very good. The writing seems more thought out and on point..

All characters concerned, especially Mike and Sonny are believable and convincing. I find myself caring about what happens. Even Jason has that, "ol'shhh" look on his face, when in discussion. And Jules has that, "I know what you did"

​​​​​​Yet more so, the Croton case hasn't side tracked the devastations of the illness on Mike and the entire family. It hasn't been lost. Imo
            I agree Jaxjoy. This story intertwines two stories - which to me is the way soap opera writing should work. Nothing is a straight line. Life goes on in between the medical diagnosis and whatever happens with the gun. Neither story has been lost.

Comment

Sonny killed him and that is why he is worried about fingerprints on the gun. He said Scully ordered it so Sonny would be under his thumb and he had leverage over him. Sonny said it was his first kill at the age of 18.

Comment

• McShirls
                McShirls commented
                Editing a comment
                He handled the gun. That's why his prints were on it. He wiped them off, but that's not enough. I'm still hoping Mike moved the gun to an untraceable location when he moved the body. Wouldn't he know that would be the best way to protect Sonny? We'll see today... There was a coming attraction that looked like they found something.. Red herring?

Sonny killed him while Mike watched. He said he did. He said Scully did that to have his loyalty and keep him under his thumb.
              Last edited by Harleygirl38; 09-14-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• McShirls
                McShirls commented
                Editing a comment
                I watched the episode last night and where it was 1st discussed. That's not what I saw or heard. But again, I'm leaving the topic now with the words.... Agree to disagree.

• jaxijoy
                jaxijoy commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha I... concur McShirls "agree to disagree".

We can see, smell, touch and hear what appears to be the same thing, yet our interpretation can be so unlike, making it the same, but different.

And so until I hear Sonny say, " I killed him" my interpretation is, he didnt. Big Michael assumed as do many here, that he did ;-)

So you are saying that Scully anticipated someone finding the buried body.

Comment

• McShirls
                McShirls commented
                Editing a comment
                No. I'm not saying that.

• TinkerTailor
                TinkerTailor commented
                Editing a comment
                No, the indication is that should Scully ever need leverage on Sonny, he could use the body at Croton because the only evidence with the body implicates Sonny, even though he DID NOT KILL HIM.

I guess you didn't see the episode where Sonny said it was his first kill at the age of 18. Lets leave it at that. Agree to disagree because I have to get ready for work.

Comment

• december rose
                december rose commented
                Editing a comment
                Sonny has never said HE killed the guy. He has referred to it as a murder because the guy was murdered by Scully(or someone else) and he was given the job to bury the body and get rid of the gun. Because it was his first job, he buried the gun and the body together which sonny said was his mistake. Burying the dead body was the leverage Scully would have on him. A Mafia boss wouldn't give a murder as a first job. They give you little jobs to test your loyalty. We have even seen Sonny and Julian do that.

• jaxijoy
                jaxijoy commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't. So when you, or anyone else who did, get a minute, please give the day. Thank you.

The body was wrapped in the trunk, at least based on my recollection. That's why it couldn't be the "he" in the bar.

Comment

Ok I understand now but I didn't say it was his first job I said it was his first kill. See how people can interpret things differently
                Last edited by Harleygirl38; 09-14-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harleygirl38 View Post
                  Sonny killed him and that is why he is worried about fingerprints on the gun. He said Scully ordered it so Sonny would be under his thumb and he had leverage over him. Sonny said it was his first kill at the age of 18.
                  sonny did not kill him here is the specific conversation

Here's the first time he told about Croton. I'll see if I can dig up the any others.

4-6-18
                  Sonny: This was way back when I worked for Joe Scully. I was moving up in the organization, proving my loyalty. And Joe calls me one night, and he says, uh, to meet him at one of his bars. Apparently, one of his guys wasn't trustworthy. There was a problem. Simple as that. So I get there and there's -- there he is. He's -- he's not mad. He's casual. Doesn't even turn away from the TV and he says, uh, "You're gonna be driving to Croton. Don't forget your shovel." And there it was. Right there, what used to be Joe's problem wrapped in a plastic shower curtain in the trunk. So I took care of the problem in a field. There was nothing and nobody around for miles.
                  Jason: Was that the end of it?
                  Sonny: Until mike brought up Croton, it didn't even exist. My dad was not there. How would he know?

sonny had JUST ARRIVED and the body is ALREADY wrapped in the trunk so HOW/when did he kill him???

Comment

• Maharet
                    Maharet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Being wrapped in a shower curtain in a trunk doesn't necessarily mean he's dead.

OMG...Y'all. I AM SERIOUSLY TIRED OF MY OWN THREAD!!!!!!!

When I started this thread 6 pages ago it was to ask a question.
                  A question about if anyone else heard what I remembered hearing (the "make your bones" comment).
                  After many pages, Maharet found the transcript of that conversation and validated it was said onscreen and answered my question.
                  I am forever grateful.
                  Asked and Answered!!!!

As it's been said by others...let's agree to disagree on how it's interpreted. One of these days soon they are going to have to spell it out for us on screen in a DEFINITIVE manner before this story ends.

Since I am the Original Poster, I BEG the Moderators to CLOSE this thread and let the conversation carry over to another thread for those who want to still hash it out.

Comment

I think there's a re-write afoot because I recall Sonny telling Jason about the murder. He talked about how the consigliere knew what was about to happen and that he'd been resigned to his fate. I will see if I can dig up the transcript.
                    Liz
                    soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

• december rose
                      december rose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The guy was murdered - by someone else. I think that is where some confusion comes in because he refers to it as a murder. But he never says I murdered the guy. He always talks about his mistake of burying the gun with the body,

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X