Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith has a drinking problem!

After Tom died, Faith started drinking. It is kind of refreshing that she will tell people: "What am I doing? I'm getting drunk!"

I feel bad for her! She is in pain, she is lonely, and she is handling it badly. She is astranged from her sister because of Jill's affair while engaged to Frank Ryan, and she just learned that her brother, Roger, was negligent in Tom's death!

The actress is not my favorite of the many Faith actresses, but she is doing a great job with the drunkenness. She is a doctor, and while drinking treated Little John with the wrong antibiotic and he almost died. So she quit working at Riverside. She doesn't even have her work to distract her. All she has is lots of money and lots of booze.

Dee drives drunken Faith home, fretting about Barry and his unfaithfulness, and she sees him sending Lily off in a cab, with a hug, and assumes the worst. She runs him over! I just know she will leave Faith passed out in the car and let Faith think she did this to Barry.

Comment

And that is exactly what Delia did. She moved Faith back into the drivers seat and then ran down the street back to Ryan's!

Comment

Yeah - I'm further than you - am at episode 1461 today - so no spoilers from me. But I'll say that I just can't get past Delia's actions here. A) She had grown as a character under Randall Edwards as the actress and this just seems like a major regression for the character with no explanation to me as to why. Trying to run down someone with your car is trying to kill them in cold blood. No character can come back from that for me. I've written Delia off at this point.

Comment

Where are you able to watch?

Comment

various people have posted the episodes that aired on soapnet on yt, starting with RH 1. I'm not sure how far they go, but that is how I watch them now. I'm around episode 1408. Search for Ryan's Hope and filter by Playlists.
            Last edited by jward1108; 02-15-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laughingsbetter View Post
              Where are you able to watch?
              Go to YT and put it "RH 1007" or "RH 289" - whatever episode you want to see. Episodes 1-1680? are available on YT - plus scores others from '83-beyond.

Comment

THanks so much! (and a few more characters)

Comment

I hope you get to watch. It is like going back in time for me. I actually think Ryan's Hope was one of the better soap operas in the late 70s and 80s. Compelling story telling, not too slow, not too fast. Good acting (even the recasts are good, even though I never liked them the first time I watched).

Comment

Originally posted by adsnyc View Post
                    Yeah - I'm further than you - am at episode 1461 today - so no spoilers from me. But I'll say that I just can't get past Delia's actions here. A) She had grown as a character under Randall Edwards as the actress and this just seems like a major regression for the character with no explanation to me as to why. Trying to run down someone with your car is trying to kill them in cold blood. No character can come back from that for me. I've written Delia off at this point.
                    I haven't written her off, but she sure is unlikeable right now. Her glee at Faith's broken heart (after framing Faith for running down Barry Ryan) is despicable.

Comment

Faith and Frank were a bad idea from the beginning. Now Faith has turned into an angry woman, after Frank tells her he is still in love with Jill. I have no sympathy for her because EVERYONE told her that Frank wasn't finished with Jill, but she wanted her sister's boyfriend so badly she didn't listen.

Comment

At least she hasn't started drinking again! Maybe she will be nice again one of these days.

Comment

Episode 1638, October 1981, and I still can't stand Faith. Her relationship with Frank, and her change in personality as a result of their predictable break up and his return to Jillian, has turned her into someone I do not like.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X