Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Donald May (Adam Drake, Edge of Night)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Donald May (Adam Drake, Edge of Night)

SoapHub reported that Donald May died on January 28.

A year or so ago I saw a late night rerun of Barnaby Jones or some other old mystery series and there was Donald May playing a bad guy. I wouldn't have even known who he was if not for his several year run as Adam Drake on The Edge of Night while I was just a kid. The things we remember! My condolences to his family. It's hard to believe EON was so long ago. Time matches on.

Comment

I was too young to watch him on EON, but I do remember when he joined Texas, and he was incredible in the role of Grant Wheeler. Donald May just swooped right in and he must have been very popular with the viewers because before long, the show gave him three kids and an ex-wife. He was matched with the stunning Carla Borelli as Reena and the “rectangle” love story with Grant/Reena/Justin/Judith had me glued to the show. What’s interesting is that he was older than the typical soap hunk, but even as a kid, I was more invested in their storyline than ones with characters who were younger. I was surprised to learn that Don and Carla were in a real life relationship from the time they met on Texas right up until his death.

Comment

He was my first crush as a tween/young teen. I was so jealous of Nicole -- she had Adam and some mod clothes!

Comment

I recall Texas more than EON, but his character does ring a bell. Maybe there are clips on YOuTube.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X