Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone miss Capitol?

I thought that was a good show, but it doesn’t get any mention on this site or any other one that I know of. I wonder why? Anybody else miss this show about the Cleggs and McCandless families? I loved Sloane and Jordy, among many others.

I did not really care for it except for Myrna Clegg …I used to think then 50-something blonde actress (Constance Towers) went on to B/B as Stephanie but read later not the same actress.
    Last edited by jpa777; July 13, 2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

She plays helana cassidine on gh soap now

Comment

• HotStuff
        HotStuff commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Helena was killed off GH.

• WalnutGirl
        WalnutGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        We all know Helena never dies, she will be back someday. I cracked up when Laura toasted her death with champagne!

• Breck379Britt
        Breck379Britt commented
        Editing a comment
        I liked her on GH, late eighties by now, or mid 80s, Constance Towers.
        My mom liked Capitol.

Unfortunately I only got into it during it's final year. The show that replaced it, The Bold and the Beautiful, was never as good.

Comment

Sadly the first actress who played Brenda died from a drug overdose in her 20's or 30's. I am not sure if drugs were the reason she left the show. I liked the second Brenda as well. The first actress was also a former Sesame Street kid. The actor who played sweet Wally died from AIDS years ago. I think he was in his early 30's. Constance is retired now, but I liked her on Capital and GH. I recall the ex hooker, I think Kelly was her name, was briefly involved with Wally's disabled brother. He was in a wheelchair. Jess Walton played the ex hooker. She plays Jill Abbot now. I liked Capital , although I missed a lot being in HS.
        ​​​​​

Comment

• GuidingLite
          GuidingLite commented
          Editing a comment
          Jane Daly was the original Kelly Harper.....;0)

• WalnutGirl
          WalnutGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Kelly was briefly involved with Jordy's brother too. The one with the paralysis. I forgot his and the other brother's name. Is Jane still acting?

• savytabby
          savytabby commented
          Editing a comment
          WalnutGirl Jordy was a Clegg. His brother was aTrey.
          The person you’re thinking of—the paralyzed one—was Thomas McCandless. He was involved with Kelly and also good friends with Sloane.

Didn't the actor who played Jordy also play Cricket' s cousin on Y&R? He was the photographer who married Carol, Jack's secretary years ago. I recall Catherine on OLTL. She was married to David Hasselhoff at one time. How many out of wedlock kids did Sam have? I only recall his son with Kelly, and an adult daughter with a restaurant owner who almost lost her sight. I think you mean Marj Dusay was the second Myrna. Carolyn Jones of Addams Family fame was the first Myrna but she died from cancer. The actor who played Trey was on Santa Barbara for awhile.
        Last edited by WalnutGirl; September 29, 2022, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The last time I remember seeing Nicholas Walker (Trey) was on GH as a childhood friend of Katherine Delafield. He tried to kill Robert.

Catherine Hickland was also married to Michael Knight (Tad on AMC, now Martin on GH). I forgot about Marj being on the show. In fact now that I think about it, Constance played the McCandless family matriarch.

I loved, loved the actress who played Sloane. Wish she would return to soaps. I last saw her on an episode of the Closer.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Boy was I shocked Sloane's dad was a sleazeball. The guy who played her beau Ali was really cute. I wonder if he was Middle Eastern in real life? I recalled he had a slight Australian or British accent. The actress who played Jordy's girlfriend Elizabeth, was on OLTL, she played a baddie.

Does anyone recall the name of the actor who played Ali, I recall he was cute. I recall he had a British or Aussie accent.

Comment

I really liked Capitol....they rarely went too 'over the top' with their stories....and didn't employ too many overused soap staples like back from the dead, although they were only on for five years....

My favorite stories on Capitol were Kelly Harper and the reveal, right at the end, that Scotty was not Trey's child but Sam Clegg's....Baxter McCandless returning.....when Mark Denning turned traitor (boy was THAT a surprise!) and the reveal that Matt McCandless was the rightful heir to the throne of Baraq (the fictional nation they created for the show where Prince Ali ruled and where Sloane faced a firing squad right at the last seconds of the show).

I loved Paula Denning (Mark's shut-in wife) and her harpsichord.....Zed Diamond....Jarret Morgan, who turned out to be Baxter McCandless - loved that Judd Tyler had been a victim of the 50's 'Red Scare' and it had tainted his political career.....the show had some great characters and stories.....and it was, to me, sad that it didn't last longer. B&B, which replaced Capitol in 1987, was a lot 'flashier' with the glamor of the fashion industry - but it has never lived up to the intrigue that Capitol had.....

Comment

• Rogue
              Rogue commented
              Editing a comment
              I really wish we had access to these shows on a network or dvd I would definitely pay for it!

Why was Sloane executed? Her dad's double life shocked me as well. I forgot Paula played a harpsichord. When did Sam and Kelly hook up? What was Kelly's son's name? I recall Trey's last wife was not much older than Brenda. Paula killed her psychiatrist by running him over, I forgot the reason. Anyhow, his ghost use to haunt her. Actually they would have conversations, it would crack me up as a teen.
            Last edited by WalnutGirl; October 20, 2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• GuidingLite
              GuidingLite commented
              Editing a comment
              So many questions! LOL

Sloane was loyal to Prince Ali (and in fact in love with him) when there was a coup, and the Prince was executed....she refused to change sides.

Sam and Kelly were never seen as an item on screen - it was an 'after the fact' revelation at the end...

Kelly's son's name was Scotty....

I think Paula killed her therapist as he was going to reveal that she was perfectly fine.....Paula 'silenced' him....

I miss spelling it Capital and getting eviscerated by the spelling police.

Comment

Yes, will never forget Trey & Sloans wedding. That dress & veil were gorgeous!

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                WalnutGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought they were a cool couple, but Trey did love Kelly. Did he and Sloan remain friends, or did she resent him?

I think Paula had mental issues, but they were not as bad as everyone thought.

Comment

Oh, Paula was definitely faking the illness that kept her housebound...she did it to hang on to Mark, who she knew loved Clarissa more....

The actor who portrayed Price Ali was Peter Lochran - he was from Australia originally....and it looks like he stopped acting shortly after Capitol ended - he only has one additional credit after that on IMDB.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                  WalnutGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I recall he was really cute. It would be cool if they did a ZOOM Capital reunion. Maybe they already have. Paula went to boarding school with Myrna.

• savytabby
                  savytabby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WalnutGirl I totally would love it if that guy who does the reunion shows on YT did one for Capitol. Great idea! ?❤️?

• GuidingLite
                  GuidingLite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It would be interesting to catch up with the cast.....I loved that the soap was set in the political world.....so many of them focused on the super rich in the 1980s, it was interesting to see one wealthy family but most of the rest of the characters were just upper middle class, really - Capitol certainly started with all the elements needed for a soap - a star-crossed couple who were each members of a political rivalry with the family of the other, a believed dead husband who 'comes back to life'....a powerful public figure in love with the 'hooker with a heart of gold'...scheming and backstabbing characters....the ruined political career during the red scare of the 50s.....it really was a well-rounded soap opera......

Did anyone like Ronnie, the mobster's daughter? She dated Wally, and really cared for him. But he dumped her for Brenda. She was the classic good girl turned bad! The actress who played her appeared in the Hollywood Christmas parade with the actress who played the 2nd Brenda.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X