• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

Search for Tomorrow

In another soap thread, viewers were asked what the most realistic soap was.

I have memories of SFT being pretty realistic. I loved the characters on it.
  • ChipJ
    Board Regular
    • Dec 2008

From what I can remember, it was very realistic. It was a sad day in Soap History when they cancelled it.

Comment

• tvaddict4965
      tvaddict4965 commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG, my besty neighbor friend and I still cry about it being cancelled. LOL
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

I can’t remember a great deal of it but I would agree it was fairly realistic. Well developed characters too .

Comment

• knotsfan
      Senior Board Member
      • May 2017

Mostly realistic, but I fondly remember the very convoluted Sunbust storyline, which started when it aired on CBS and continued when it moved to NBC. It was a complicated story about a proto aircraft that featured ninjas executing everyone involved in the project, EXCEPT for the one man in charge- yep, Travis Sentell! He and Liza were able to avoid mob hits, international assassins, and ninjas! Still,that storyline was the most far out it went and was the exception rather than the rule. I will say, as convoluted as it was, it was well planned and thought out, but I think it may have turned off some of the viewers not used to seeing stories like that.

Comment

• tvaddict4965
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2005

I liked the show because it showed that some families weren't rich beyond their means. Example, the homey kitchen , with old refridgerator, water heater, at least I thought it was a water heater..SFT was Real.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
          Senior Board Member
          • Jul 2019

I remember Liza and Travis as a kid. The actor later played Ashley's shrink and 1st husband on Y&R. He was also on the prime time show "Cold Case". I know the actress that played Liza died many years ago. I think her 1st name was Shelly. The soap came on before Bozo's Circus in Chicago. Does anyone like John Aniston's Victor K on Days. I think he got his start on Search. I also recall Morgan Fairchild played a vixen on the show.

Comment

• Jagger1966
            Board Regular
            • Sep 2005

You're thinking of the late Sherry Mathis who played Liza for many years. I remember John Aniston on SFT. He played Martin Tourneur one of Jo's many husbands. Patsy Pease (Kimberly from Days) was on SFT at the same time. I think her character's name was Cissy. Every so often I watch the final scene of the show with Jo and Stu. Still puts a lump in my throat every time.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2019

Thank you. I did not know Patsy played on there as well.

Comment

• creation
              Board Regular
              • Sep 2018

I remember the name, Search For Tomorrow, but that's all I remember about it.

Comment

• Forever Fan
                Forever Fan commented
                Editing a comment
                I can remember watching with my grandparents. I recall Morgan Fairchild's Jennifer. I think she was a homewrecker. Remember her falling through a sliding glass door and needing plastic surgery. That was a dramatic scene at the time. I also remember Joanne, I believe she was the heroine. That's about it.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X