• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie18
    Contract Poster
    • May 2014

Looks like they are rewriting Clyde’s reason for killing Abby

So back in late 2022 it was revealed that Clyde was intended on killing Belle but Abby was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now 2 years later it is revealed that Abby was working on a huge story that she was about to break about the drug ring so now it looks like Clyde may have known about it. So the question is why are they changing it? My theory now is that maybe Abby didn’t really die. Maybe she went into witness protection. Or maybe Clyde made her disappear and faked her death but if it’s the latter why would he admit to killing her? which makes it more possible that maybe she did go into witness protection. And with the timing of Abby’s 2 year anniversary of her death I can’t help but feel that something is up and she didn’t really die. There is no other reason to have found her diary with information that she was working on a huge story right before “ her death”. And it certainly would be in character for Abby to sacrifice herself if it was for her safety and her family’s safety. They didn’t have to include Abby in this drug story. There must be a much bigger reason. I am really intrigued.
    Last edited by Blondie18; May 15, 2024, 01:12 PM.
  • tabbycat46
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2010

Blondie18 If they are changing Clyde's motive for killing Abby, then there must be a really good reason for it. They may be revisitimg her murder and now I'm starting to wonder why?

Comment

• semurg30
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2023

One thing I vaguely seem to remember is that she was looking for Sami's kidnapper Pete who worked for Lucas.

We never got to see Pete (we saw Lucas's other henchman).

If they tie the drug ring to Pete...it works.

And I truly am of the opinion that we're going to get a retcon and find out Clyde faked Abby's death. It wasn't the plan at the time...but I think they're going to go there.

Comment

• Blondie18
        Blondie18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beca, I thought of that, say he wanted Abby to not expose him, so why would he pretend to kill her and not kill her for real? unless…. he is keeping her stashed somewhere in case he needs to use her as leverage for something. The witness protection is another idea. There certainly are a lot of possibilities.

• tabbycat46
        tabbycat46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blondie18 I have watched Days for decades and I honestly can't remember anyone being in WP.
        Last edited by tabbycat46; May 23, 2024, 06:59 AM.

• tabbycat46
        tabbycat46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Abby_fan, thank you for refreshing my memory, I think that what happened is I must have missed Rafe's debut for some reason (who knows perhaps something was wrong with the VCR) and that is why I couldn't remember since I was working at that time.
    • Beca Drags
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Apr 2005

Rewrites usually suck, but I'm still intrigued. Anything that brings more light to Abby's murder and hopefully exposes that she's secretly alive, bring it on! I love Abby being front and center, even though she's supposed to be dead. Days know what an important character she is/was to the canvas, so I hope this is the first step in fixing that horrible mistake of killing her off in the first place.

Comment

• bcholly
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2011

I am interested in this Blondie18 as well!

The way Chad continues to talk about Abby is super suspicious too. Must be tough for the actor to have to repeat this storyline for the last 2 years.

Comment

• Blondie18
          Blondie18 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know Billy Flynn is a huge Chabby supporter so I am sure he has been advocating for Abby’s return. But regardless, he mentions her in every episode he is in and now with this new information It seems
          like they are going somewhere with it.
      • Beca Drags
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Apr 2005

If Abby is in witness protection, that is gonna be something that Chad might not be able to forgive. He and the kids have grieved her hard for 2 years, and if he finds out she's been alive all this time, and she didn't find someway to get in contact with him, Chabby might be irreparably damaged.

Comment

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          So Chad would be mad with Abby for protecting herself and her loved ones? If that will be the case, then Abigail will be better off without Chad. Let him move on to someone who will not mind putting two innocent children in danger.

• prettypleasin
          prettypleasin commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, if you are in WP you are not allowed to contact anyone, so Chad should give her a pass for that. However, Chad should be mad at her for not letting him know that she was working on a BIG story that was dangerous. She told Jack but not her husband, which is not cool.

• Blondie18
          Blondie18 commented
          Editing a comment
          prettypleasin, the only reason Abby would tell Jack she was working on a huge story and not Chad is bc Jack was the editor and chief of the paper at the time so it makes sense.
      • DaysMike4Life
        Recurring Poster
        • Apr 2023

I am def intrigued, and I hope they do it justice. Seems like something the interim writers introduced so I'm curious to see how Ron and team run with it.I am ready for the regular writing team work to start again, but I will say I have enjoyed some (not all) of the interim writing.

Comment

• perky7kc
          Scriptwriter
          • Apr 2006

I believe they had Abby’s dead body so how can she be in witness protection. As much as I would love to see Abby back it’s get to ridiculous all these dead people being alive.

Comment

• Beca Drags
            Beca Drags commented
            Editing a comment
            A dead body on screen means nothing on Days. Example....Will, Steve, Bo, just to name a few.

• semurg30
            semurg30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Clyde could have always used that drug that Vivian used on Carly to bury her alive.

• prettypleasin
            prettypleasin commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe Abby was given a drug to make her look dead after Clyde stabbed her. That drug could have been administered by one of the first responders.
        • gymguy68
          Contract Poster
          • Jul 2018

I'm not sure where all this is going, but it does look like they are laying the groundwork for Abby's return. My guess is now that AA is completely out of the picture, Marci is willing to come back.

Comment

• Blondie18
            Blondie18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Marci will always be my first choice for Abby, but if she can’t return then I will happily take a recast as long as she is alive.

• gymguy68
            gymguy68 commented
            Editing a comment
            tabbycat46 I'm hoping the exact same thing. And yes, Cady McClain closed out Abby's character in the death scene so we would need her back. I love Cady's version of Jennifer.

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            gymguy68, absolutely, if they are actually going to go through with bringing back Abigail, then it has to be done with all the characters/actors who were involved with that, including JJ.
        • Nick Fallon fan
          Senior Board Member
          • Jul 2021

I can’t believe they would bring back Abby but not Charlie!

Comment

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beca Drags, if Julie needs family around in the coming months there are plenty of living characters who could return fulltime-Nick isn't one of them and he needs to stay down below where he is nice and warm and toasty. The same goes for Charlie. That is my last word on that.
            Last edited by tabbycat46; May 15, 2024, 06:03 PM.

• Beca Drags
            Beca Drags commented
            Editing a comment
            tabbycat46 I would definitely like to see Lucas given more story and become close to Julie again, also JJ. How bout Mike returning? I loved him, especially with Carrie. The show needs more Hortons. Jennifer and Jack too! They should be back on the show full time.

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beca Drags, I have no problem with JJ and Lucas returning. As for Mike, I will always prefer him with either Robin or April and Carrie needs to stay with Austin.
        • tiff5555
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2007

I think the diary is just led to her infos, and those infos hit her to die. I dont see a witness protection program here. If she was alive and in there....its like what Beca Drags said, it would hurt CHABBY and Abby would have to explain herself to Chad why.....Just a food of thought too, I may understand this whole concept, because of the fans wanting Abby back.

Comment

• Blondie18
            Blondie18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tiff, it’s not a matter of what the fans want. We are not doing the writing. The writers are the ones that won’t let go of Abby not only by having Chad mention her in every episode he is in but now putting abby in the drug story. They really have no rational reason to do that unless it’s for a reason. The witness protection is only one theory but they can come up with other reasons for her being alive not just that. It’s only logical for people to think they are laying the groundwork for her return but we will see where they go with this.
            Last edited by Blondie18; May 15, 2024, 05:18 PM.

• Beca Drags
            Beca Drags commented
            Editing a comment
            tiff5555 Blondie18 is right, it's the writers that are keeping Abby front and center and it's only natural that we would think that this could be leading to a story that reveals she's alive. It's not like Days isn't known for bringing back the dead.

• Abby_fan
            Abby_fan commented
            Editing a comment
            The explanation is Witness Protection. That is self explanatory!!!!!
        • semurg30
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2023

Originally posted by perky7kc View Post
          I believe they had Abby’s dead body so how can she be in witness protection. As much as I would love to see Abby back it’s get to ridiculous all these dead people being alive.
          They donated Jack's organs and he got better.

Comment

• Abby_fan
            Abby_fan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Jack was so much better. 😆
        • backheidi
          Scriptwriter
          • Jan 2008

I love it! I am totally intrigued and always for all things Abby!! Kind of exciting as the mistaking her for Belle was a little lame!! Hope it is a good story......leading to beautiful Abby!!!

Comment

• prettypleasin
            prettypleasin commented
            Editing a comment
            tiff5555 Why is that?? Does it have anything to do with MR?

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            prettypleasin As far as I know, Jason Brooks and Melissa Reeves can't be on canvas at the same time due to their alleged affair over 30 years ago. If Cady McClain ever returns as Jennifer for a short storyline arc, then I see no reason why JB can't return especially since the show now has a different co executive producer (Ken Corday and Janet Spellman Drucker) and headwriter (Ron Carlivati. During the time that the OG Jack/Jenn were let go (April 21, 1992 – March 28, 2002 ) Ken Corday and Tom Langan were co executive producers with Dena Higley and James E Reilly as head writers
            Last edited by tabbycat46; May 17, 2024, 07:40 AM.

• tiff5555
            tiff5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            prettypleasin pretty much yeah! Don't think he could ever return. Peter is very much needed all these years, but that dent took that all away. They were recasting Peter few years ago...they decided after to bring Tony from the dead.
        • Abby_fan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2015

I always wondered why Clyde would think he was hurting EJ by killing Belle when Johnny and Sami were the ones EJ cared more for. So I can buy that he intentionally killed Abby with the pretense of thinking she was Belle. Because if Clyde had a reason for killing Abby, then everyone would have known about the drug dealings.

More than likely it is a rewrite but I can handle any situation that brings Abby home.

It sucked that the reason for her being brutally murdered was because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I want Abby back so badly. 😭

Comment

• tiff5555
            tiff5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            You probably nailed it in the roof! I believe it's the feedbacks and waiting on the timing for Abby to be back from the dead. And yes, at this time, CHABBY is gold. And remember how Days put him with Steph, but the fans said no? I think if true, it's how it changes things. And if Marci comes back, there is the proof that Days has been waiting on Marci.

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Abby_fan, Clyde's had two motives for killing Abby - 1) the situation with Belle and her knowing about his attempt on EJ's life and 2) he still blamed her for what with Ben, his being the Necktie Killer. Who knows perhaps the drug ring was the 3rd motive?
        • Beca Drags
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Apr 2005

As it was originally written and shown, Clyde didn't kill Abby because he thought she was Belle. He came there to kill Belle, but Belle wasn't there, and Abby found him first, and she was going to try and call the police, so then he killed her to prevent her from calling the cops. He probably also took pleasure in it because of her past with Ben,(or was that even referenced by him as part of the reason??) Not sure....? but it was basically just a matter of Abby being found at the wrong place and wrong time.

Now, it looks like they may be trying to say that Clyde knew Abby was writing a hit story on the drug ring and he came there to shut her up. They would have to add in scenes in the confrontation between Clyde and Abby that weren't originally shown or told by Clyde, but that's just my speculation, guess we'll see.

Comment

• backheidi
            backheidi commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love, love Dario helping Abby. Though I am a Chabby fan first, I did like Dario and his chemistry with Marci! He was not so bad that he cannot be redeemed. And they could try to build on the Hernandez family again!!

• Beca Drags
            Beca Drags commented
            Editing a comment
            No thanks to Dario! All he did was manipulate Abby.

• steven hawk
            steven hawk commented
            Editing a comment
            I too am a Chabby fan first. I said "bring on Dario" for the purpose of bringing Abigail back. Ya know, I'm not sure if Marcy's version ever did have scenes with Dario. Whatever, odds are if Ab's does come back, she'll probably be a recast as Dario would be as well. Let's not jump to judge who works well/ who has chemistry with who until we get these actors/characters in scenes together.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X