• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Fallon fan
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2021

How do you feel about Tripp Johnson?

I’m just wondering how you all feel about the character of Tripp Johnson?
    I like him he’s a good guy
    47.50%
    Can’t stand him
    30.00%
    I might like him if he was given a good storyline
    22.50%
  • REstivez71
    Day Player
    • Dec 2020

I want to like him. But sadly I don't. He's such an impotent goody two shoes with no edge , personality , or backbone. He's the prime example of Days not really knowing how to write a protagonist. None of his romantic or familial relationships since his return in 2020 have made any kind of sense. I absolutely hated him and Allie. Why he was dating someone who spent months accusing him of rape and tried to shoot his d*** off is beyond me. Also , his relationship to Kayla should be awkward at best.
    I miss him having more of an edge like years ago.
    I really hate the fact that he stuck his head in the sand in regard to Ava. He never acknowledged how much she damaged Charlie. He called Charlie out for using his own pain to justify hurting others without acknowledging that Ava did the same thing ( even worse) for the same reasons. Nevermind that Ava killed EJs mother and Kayla's father

BTW. I loved the ending they gave Ava. While in the mental hospital, all she sees is visions of Charlie Dale instead of her golden boy. She deserved nothing less.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
      Nick Fallon fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Tripp got with Allie because she’s smoking hot LOL! She doesn’t have any other good qualities, I agree with everything you said regarding Ava and Charlie, maybe if they kept Charlie alive we would’ve gotten a lot of good and interesting storyline revolving around his rivalry with Tripp and relationship with his mother, ironically Charlie did try to drug Ava and have her committed, and now he succeeded LOL! Whatever pain she’s in right now it will never be enough
  • Sinn forever
    Recurring Poster
    • Dec 2021

I love Tripp he is one of my favorite characters on the show. He is a good guy and I love everything about him.I hope he gets his happy ever after he deserves it and I hope he gets the girl.

Comment

• SBT4171
      SBT4171 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Well said and I agree 100%.
  • Key
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2015

He's too dumb to be a doctor.
    He has very poor people skills, bad judgment.
    Tried to slash Kayla's throat with a scalpel.
    Breaks laws to help people he likes.
    Got involved with someone just like him (Allie, who was ready to mutilate/kill him with a gun).
    Son of Ava. (That was the first mistake.)

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
      Editing a comment
      Soap doctors aren’t usually too smart, look at Rex LOL! I agree with everything else you said

• pnorbert2222
      pnorbert2222 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rex 1.0 was supposed to be a super genius. He always told us so.
  • Nick Fallon fan
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2021

What does it mean to make the poll public?

Comment

• prettypleasin
      prettypleasin commented
      Editing a comment
      It means that you can see how others voted by clicking on the little avatar to the far right of the votes. You made this poll public.
      Last edited by prettypleasin; March 19, 2023, 03:26 AM.

• Nick Fallon fan
      Editing a comment
      prettypleasin
      Thank you, I thought that was what it meant and I wanted to be sure
  • pnorbert2222
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jul 2006

I feel like aside from his early foray into psychosis when he tried to kill Kayla's patients and held a scalpel to her throat or that time he framed Ben for something (the details of which I forgot) so he could bang Ciara or stringing Claire around he's more or less a good guy.

I felt bad for him being paired with Allie who was a loser IMO. I have zero interest in seeing him paired with Wendy.

He's never had a real love story IMO. Either the woman doesn't love him or he doesn't love her.

I don't know what it is but his love interests are usually characters I despise (Wendy, Ciara, Allie, Claire...Claire got better once she got out of his orbit). I think I wanted him with Hayley Chen but she was in love with his cousin JJ,

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
      Editing a comment
      I agree Allie is a loser, but for me I could’ve been fine with them if it wasn’t for Henry

• pnorbert2222
      pnorbert2222 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well my problem was that Tripp dated a woman who had falsely accused him of rape. And then when they were dating she gaslighted him and pretended she wasn't interested in Chanel.

That said I had zero interest in Tripp dating his long lost half brother's rape victim and being stepdad to their kid. BUT I guess if Allie signed over rights to Tripp I wouldn't mind. That kid isn't safe with loopy Allie IMO.

• lagirl
      lagirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think Tripp ever got over Ciara rejecting him.
  • tabbycat46
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2010

I've always like Tripp and I'm hoping that for once he ends up getting the girl. In this case, I'm hoping that it will be Wendy, if not, then chem-test him with Talia.

Comment

• dee2
      • Dec 2015

I don't find the character interesting, so I don't watch him much. If he gets a better story I might watch more.

Comment

• Abby_fan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2015

When Tripp first came on the scene, I liked him a lot. But since he lost his edge, not so much. He needs a fiery woman to liven him up a bit. He does have potential. 👍🏾

Maybe this Talia could be the one.

Comment

• DayRose
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Oct 2020

I like good guys like Tripp and Rafe. I don't find niceness boring. I would love for him to have a romance with Wendy. I think they are cute together. I'd like Chanel and Johnny to get back together and the four of them can be friends.

Comment

• Cat women
            • Sep 2013

He’s a poser, and a sociopath in disguise. When he gets caught he lets others take the blame while running away and/or he suddenly develops a case of mutism that lasts for months.

If he was a good guy,who regretted his mistakes, he wouldn’t have let Claire be shipped off to Bayview for committing the exact same crimes he was doing. Instead he got Kayla to get him into a medical school across the country so he could distance himself from his crimes and let Claire take all the blame herself. He never mentioned to Kayla why he suddenly wanted to attend school in California.

If he was a good guy he wouldn’t have guilted Joey into allowing Ava to move into their apartment.

These are things he did after he poisoned patients, tried to kill Kayla, cheated on Ciara, and gaslite Claire about Hailey.

What really drives me crazy about him, is that none of the other characters are allowed to call him out—not ever. Instead, his victims are used as cheerleaders to constantly remind us what a great guy he is.

Last edited by Cat women; March 18, 2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Cat women
              Cat women commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope was one of the patients he poisoned when he was trying to frame Kayla. He got the dose wrong for her and she almost died.

Soon after he started dating Ciara, but never mentioned it.

Later he would go on to try and frame Ben- basically repeating the same cycle.

Yet there isn’t one character on the show who has ever really called Tripp out. After he tried to kill Kayla, Steve took him to the pub for a beer and left a traumatized Kayla alone at the hospital. No one says anything about the things he does, not ever- even right after he does it.
              Last edited by Cat women; March 18, 2023, 03:39 PM.

• Nick Fallon fan
              Editing a comment
              When Ava found out he almost killed Kayla for her she was actually proud of him

• Key
              Key commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, Cat. Tripp is teflon. I'd had it with him, when he tried to slice Kayla. And he needed the Kayla seal of approval after that. The writers often try to steer us that way but I was having none of it.
              Incidentally this is a great thread. Amazing how differently viewers see him.
          • Salem87
            Day Player
            • May 2022

I want Joey Johnson back. He's the legacy child of Steve and Kayla. Tripp was a retcon created in 2017. There is no way he should be given more importance than Joey. Besides the New Joey seems like a lot of fun. Someone who's a good guy but would get in trouble

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
              Editing a comment
              Tripp has the fact he’s not related to many people in Salem going for him, so he was able to bang Ciara, Claire, and Allie. Something that Joey can’t do LOL!
          • Blonde_Angel
            Board Regular
            • Dec 2016

I sort of like him..but I chose number 3 anyway..I can get more invested in characters that have a good storyline right now the triangle with Johnny and Wendy is not a good storyline i usually like traingles (squares) but this one really does not fit well for me

Comment

• PatchSweetness
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Nov 2007

I love him! We desperately need truly good people on Days to counteract the baddies. Johnny can be good when he chooses but he can also act like a brat or a rat so we need a character like Tripp to counter that.
              Last edited by PatchSweetness; March 18, 2023, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• CADY
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2012

Tripp is a nice guy but extremely boring. I find nothing really interesting or entertaining about him.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Editing a comment
                  pnorbert2222
                  Claire was a little crazy, she almost burned him alive

• pnorbert2222
                  pnorbert2222 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok crazy but also hot. Like a femme fatale. I think someone like Gabi would be perfect for him...I just don't think he would do much for her.

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Editing a comment
                  pnorbert2222
                  Almost all crazy women on this show are hot LOL! Tripp would be too boring for Gabi I can’t see her even looking at him although she’s been with his cousin JJ, she may only do him to spite Ava (who isn’t around anymore) LOL!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X