Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Not liking Maggie's attitude right now towards Alex .

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noodlebug
    Recurring Poster
    • Oct 2016

Not liking Maggie's attitude right now towards Alex .

Maggie is being unnecessarily harsh with Alex. She has A lot to learn and is seemingly treating Alex as if he has no talent or business acumen. Victor brought him to the company over Sonny because of his knack of the business world. She's being a little too headstrong and Alex needs to learn to respect her efforts despite his disappointment.
  • CallAboutTheCat
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2015

I agree completely. One day she's telling Alex she's hoping he'll help her get up to speed, the next day she's slashing his favorite Titan subsidiary without even consulting him about it, like she's suddenly a cutthroat business genius. It feels like she's trying too hard to prove she should be in the CEO chair by making bold cuts. And it doesn't make sense. Does she need his help or not? If she doesn't need his help, why did she say she did at first? And if she does need his help, why is she doing her best to antagonize him with her decisions.

Comment

• noodlebug
      noodlebug commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree 100 percent!

• Iluvdogz
      Iluvdogz commented
      Editing a comment
      I co-sign this 100 percent! Maggie is acting too big for her britches so to speak. Also…. If she wants Alex. To stay out of her chair maybe she should stay in her office lololololll.
  • Blondie18
    Contract Poster
    • May 2014

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
    I agree completely. One day she's telling Alex she's hoping he'll help her get up to speed, the next day she's slashing his favorite Titan subsidiary without even consulting him about it, like she's suddenly a cutthroat business genius. It feels like she's trying too hard to prove she should be in the CEO chair by making bold cuts. And it doesn't make sense. Does she need his help or not? If she doesn't need his help, why did she say she did at first? And if she does need his help, why is she doing her best to antagonize him with her decisions.
    Great post!! Completely agreed! I think they are both acting immaturely.

Comment

• DaysFan82
      Day Player
      • Jan 2023

Originally posted by noodlebug View Post
      Maggie is being unnecessarily harsh with Alex. She has A lot to learn and is seemingly treating Alex as if he has no talent or business acumen. Victor brought him to the company over Sonny because of his knack of the business world. She's being a little too headstrong and Alex needs to learn to respect her efforts despite his disappointment.
      Well said they are both being so silly

Comment

• kahinamah
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Sep 2019

I agree, I found Maggie arrogant and haughty for no reason.

Comment

• gigglez80
          Recurring Poster
          • Nov 2012

Alex isn't doing himself any favors by undermining her authority. I think she's tried her best to be patient with him from the start but his attitude has made things worse.

Comment

• cc from PA
            Scriptwriter
            • Nov 2007

He’s being arrogant. Would he speak like that to Victor? And I hate that he calls her “Auntie.” Somehow when he says it, it’s like he’s underlining the fact that she’s his aunt, a woman, not a CEO. When Brady called Victor “Granddad,” somehow it didn’t come out that way.

Comment

• pnorbert2222
              pnorbert2222 commented
              Editing a comment
              It makes my skin crawl whenever he calls her auntie.
          • LoveStories
            Board Regular
            • Jun 2008

I didn’t like either Maggie or Alex in those scenes. I’d like to see each of them succeed but there needs to be attitude changes by both. Definitely not interested in seeing more of their initial reactions to their new working dynamic.

Comment

• Key
              Soap Addict
              • Sep 2015

I know they need to gin up drama but...

She's making rookie mistakes there. First of all when you're new in the office you should go slow, feel your feet before you throw your weight around.
              Then, even if you feel comfortable -- don't. She has very little experience in such business as this. Like a "First Lady" suddenly becoming President, confidence is foolhardy. She needs to build bridges, not burn them. There was no need to seize on Bella and ax it on her first day on the job. Sorcerer's Apprentice Syndrome, I got power, I'm gonna let it rip!
              Accusing an experienced and useful exec of going behind her back, when he was simply going over her head, was also a dumb move. Causing disaffection, or trying to, could make an enemy out of a potential ally.
              And he's already disaffected because on strictly merit grounds he should be in that chair.
              Yes, she is there because Victor trusts her, but he should not trust her business judgment. If she's there because he can't be -- she's his hand puppet and again, self-confidence is inappropriate.
              She could star in a training program for what not to do if you find yourself in the driver's seat of a multinational corporation.
              My eyes are sure getting a workout lately.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                CallAboutTheCat commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes to all of this. Her behavior is honestly sort of laughable. I want to pat her on the head as she playacts as Big Important CEO (because based on her experience, she should have no idea what she's doing).

• pnorbert2222
                pnorbert2222 commented
                Editing a comment
                The idea of the owner's elderly wife who knows nothing about business coming in and firing a whole bunch of people right off the bat sounds it could lead to something bad. Like a disgruntled employee shooting up the office.
            • pnorbert2222
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Jul 2006

I'm not a big fan of Alex or the way he conducted himself and I usually love Maggie...but Alex was trying to save the jobs of several staffers. Maggie doesn't own the high road on this one. Maybe Alex doesn't genuinely care about the fired employees but he was fighting for them at least. Maggie seems to care nothing about firing employees.

Comment

• gymguy68
                gymguy68 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking the same thing. Maggie came off a little cold in those sceens.
            • DayRose
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Oct 2020

I agree. Maggie is acting downright nasty and I don't like it.

Comment

• jjtrdsa
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2010

I love Alex but similar to Gwen he is a car crash waiting to happen.

However, Maggie seems like she had it for Alex the minute she was named CEO. Maggie wouldn't want innocent people to loose their jobs. As everyone has said I remember Bella was doing well. All of a sudden Bella needs to go.

Comment

• patrick4days
                  Board Regular
                  • Jan 2019

I’d hate it if Maggie favored Xander over Alex. I get it that Alex is a severely flawed individual but he has done nothing criminal. Xander on the hand, we all know what he’s done.

Comment

• kristendny
                    kristendny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She happens to like Xander. One of the reasons is how much he loves Sarah, but she does have empathy for him. He was her son-in-law after all. What reason does she have to like Alex? His attitude is just awful. You like who you like in life, right?

• prettypleasin
                    prettypleasin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maggie and Xander have a bond. She has a soft spot for him. Plus he saved her life.

• cali815
                    cali815 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maggie already favors Xander over Alex. Xander is like another son to her and he loves her like a mother. That is what is more important to her.
                • Paul_fanboy
                  Day Player
                  • Dec 2017

I agree. It is only day one and she already behaved like a bitch. I can see how she would **** up big time and Alex would come and save her ass.

Comment

• kristendny
                    kristendny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When men behave that way - like an authoritative, no nonsense professional, everyone is okay with it. Look at Victor and the DiMeras and the Shins. They are funny or clever or whatever and Maggie is a B***. That's why she has to be tough on misogynists like Alex.
                • Fancy863
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2019

Alex was very arrogant and entitled when he thought he was getting the position. His brothers ran him off from the family company in Arizona because they he couldn’t get along with others. Now he’s an employee of Maggie’s and needs to act like one. Victor is backing her up and approves of her decision. Alex can take a seat and learn something.

Comment

• Shimmer33
                    Shimmer33 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I forgot about his brothers getting tired of him. 😂

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X