• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varlena
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2014

Ericole longevity

As a viewer who wasn't watching yet in 1998, what is the max time these two managed to stay together over the years?

By "stay together" I don't mean courting each other, or making hurt, mopey looks, or one off sex. I mean actually living together as a couple.
  • Nick Fallon fan
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2021

There was the one year time skip and they were together during all of it

Comment

• irene1951
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2009

I think with actor who plays Nicole, she is the go to girl for sex/romance scenes. So they keep recoupling her. I have to agree. Actress makes it work. Won't mention names but some of the scenes with OTHER actresses are spoiled for me because they kiss so loud. Maybe my hearing aids? Lol. Especially the younger actors. What is going on? Directors??? So anyway, Ari does make it work with all the guys she is paired with. So I do like her with EJ. Crazy good looking couple. For me the Eric, over and over, should stay the way it is. Past romance that didn't work. Actually liked Eric with Jada but I guess writers thought otherwise. I still hope EJ and Nicole get a good story and not just romance. They need a mystery & conniving like they gave to Kristen. They need to take all down and run the mansion.......Lol

Comment

• ShermanTank
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2018

Ugh can we stop with the Eric and Nicole please!! I used to like them. It's old and boring now. They are stuck on repeat. The level of narcissism Nicole showed when she was confronted about Jada was appalling! I'm over Nicole. She will never be totally happy with anyone but herself because that's who she loves the most. Just let her be single, bang everyone and be happy about it.

Comment

• perky7kc
          perky7kc commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree. Nicole fits with EJ

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          I really loathe Nicole. She is one character who could leave tomorrow forever and I would be fine with it. She never stops harassing Eric after they break up or sticking her nose in his business. She had a lot of nerve name-calling Sloan when she hops into bed with about the same amount of men or maybe more.

• JaeBianca
          JaeBianca commented
          Editing a comment
          That last comment is so on point 🤣🤣🤣! Nicole does Friends with Benefits so well that it's genuinely fun to watch. But as soon as her relationships become serious and committed, it all goes to pot! It's not entirely her fault (especially with Brady and Eric), but it's frustrating to watch grown-ass adults confuse sex with love or get possessive over a good time.
      • mamafenocchi
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2009

Eric and Nicole as characters just got that thing! Love them. They just don’t work with others and they will always gravitate towards each other. They are endgame!

Comment

• JaeBianca
          JaeBianca commented
          Editing a comment
          I both agree and disagree with you on that.

Nicole works well with others, but Eric is her White Whale. So she will always be drawn to him, even when it's inconvenient.

Eric, on the other hand, has a lot of hang-ups and moral delusions (as a former Catholic, I suspect that is part of it). He might truly love Nicole, but he probably believes that the person he loves should be a reflection of himself. So Eric can be with a "bad girl" when he feels self-loathing, but not when he is feeling good about himself. His self-esteem and immaturity, or quite frankly HIS EGO, prevent him from practicing forgiveness in real time for the sake of the love that might be in his heart.

I could be mistaken...but the only time Nicole purely rejected Eric, that is without temptation, was right after he killed Dr. Dan, who was like Nicole's LEAST judgmental partner. And yet, she still eventually forgave him after he did his penance. Meanwhile, Eric has dropped her for things she didn't even do.

So while Eric & Nicole might be Endgame, it won't happen until he evolves as a person.
      • dee2
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Dec 2015

The actors have left and returned so often I think the writers have been reluctant to keep them together and have to recast when one of them leaves the show.

Comment

• bcholly
          Senior Board Member
          • May 2011

Originally posted by irene1951 View Post
          They need a mystery & conniving like they gave to Kristen. They need to take all down and run the mansion.......Lol
          Yes! I love this idea! They totally need a mystery and juicy storyline! This drug/Stefan storyline might do that, too.

Comment

• Iluvdogz
            Day Player
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by mamafenocchi View Post
            Eric and Nicole as characters just got that thing! Love them. They just don’t work with others and they will always gravitate towards each other. They are endgame!
            I 100 percent co-sign this. Nicole and EJ are perfect for each other. Just like I thought Stefano and Kate were great together. EJ and Nicole have chemistry and the ability to see and appreciate each other for who they are and not pretend they are something they are not. Please writers more of them !!

Comment

• pnorbert2222
              pnorbert2222 commented
              Editing a comment
              I always liked that Kate married the man who murdered her abusive husband. Take that Curtis!

• WalnutGirl
              WalnutGirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Why did Stefano kill sleazy Curtis?
          • PatchSweetness
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Nov 2007

It is time for the writers to stop a bond let them both move on away from each other.

Comment

• Key
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2015

Happy ever after is boring. Nicole and Eric get together and then one or the other has a relapse and has to work out the kinks in the soul. Eric is especially good at agony, he's a stranger to himself when he's happy.
            I don't often have much nice to say about the writers but they're doing well by these two, IMO.
            That said, I'll admit they're nearing their expiration dates. But not yet!!

Comment

• pnorbert2222
              pnorbert2222 commented
              Editing a comment
              Eric reminds me of that song "Only Happy When It Rains'. He thrives on misery.
          • Rose777
            Day Player
            • Jun 2013

It took them 25 years to get to where they are now. Oh, wait, they are still not together after a quarter of a century. If it was meant to be, it would've happened by now. Maybe we have to wait another 25 years till they can finally make it work. Or not. Just move them to other people, nothing more to see here.

Comment

• mymommasaid
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2007

It’s time to let it go. One day Eric is a holier than thou, the next he’s mad at the world. Nicole hit a new low when she put her two cents in regarding Jada’s baby. They are entirely too different. Nicole will never live up to Eric’s standards and love isn’t enough for them at this point. It’s time to move on.

Comment

• lagirl
                Soap Addict
                • Nov 2006

They should have kept Nicole with Rafe if they are not going to unite her with Eric.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Nick Fallon fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rafe had to be free so he can hook up with Jada, Nicole will be reunited with Eric soon enough, and I’m enjoying the ride

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I let go of RACOLE. Days did damaged to them. I like him better with Jada

• pnorbert2222
                  pnorbert2222 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No they should nor. Rafe is boring and Eric is horrible. I love Nicole with EJ. She can relax and be herself.
              • icyblue2034
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by lagirl View Post
                They should have kept Nicole with Rafe if they are not going to unite her with Eric.
                Nicole doesn't deserve that. She deserves to be happy, and her best pairing now is with EJ.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it’s the other way around, Rafe doesn’t deserve to be stuck with Nicole, and at least he gave Nicole his whole heart, EJ heart still belongs to Sami
              • tiff5555
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mamafenocchi View Post
                I agree with this too!!! They have their ups and downs and will eventually will end up together. I understand some may love Nicole with EJ, but I don't see their endgame, unlike with ERICOLE. And EJ won't be hot and bothered with ERICOLE, when Sami comes back.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly! They are endgame just like EJAMI are

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X