• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varlena
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2014

Opinions of the Kiriakis family?

I loved Victor of course, and NuSonny was alright. But are both gone from the show (as far as we know right now).

That leaves Alex as the only Kiriakis I can stand watching at this point, The others are as dull as dishwater to me. Used to like Maggie but they've made her boring now too. And Sarah, who is sort of attached to that family, is getting annoying.

Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?
  • Nick Fallon fan
    Senior Board Member
    • Jul 2021

The family is just fine, just don’t bring back Ciara

Comment

• Cat women
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2013

I’d like for Vic and Joe to pay a visit. I enjoy seeing siblings interacting.
      Last edited by Cat women; March 3, 2023, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Cat women
        Cat women commented
        Editing a comment
        happy33 Maybe one or two quick mentions when Sonny was working on Arizona where they live. The show mentioning them today made me smile.

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        DuckDeadeye and Cat women that’s pretty good timing lol, that might be the first time their actual names have been used since Justin and Adrienne left Salem in 1991. When Adrienne and Justin returned in 2010 the three of them were always referred to as Sonny’s brothers.

• tabbycat46
        tabbycat46 commented
        Editing a comment
        cat women, I would too and Chelsea has just as much right to know about what is happening with Bo as Ciara or Shawn D. does.
    • happy33
      Scriptwriter
      • Mar 2005

I think the family is in sort of a sad state. With JA passing, and Victor soon passing, it feels like the foundation of the family is gone. I know in recent years JA didn’t work that much but you still felt Victor’s presence and influence. Now Philip is MIA, Brady and Zander have pretty much left the family, Sonny is gone, and Justin and Bonnie and Maggie are recurring characters. Alex isn’t a strong enough character to be the lead in this family. Ciara is returning but with Victor gone she will be most like Brady and Zander, no or little interaction

Comment

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        tabbycat46 I actually want to be wrong, but I just think the writing is on the wall. It didn’t have be like this. But the show over the last few years didn’t seem to care about the family anymore. Imo even Alex returning to the show isn’t about strengthening the family. I think they just wanted to keep RSW on the show. And he is one of the few under 40 who hasn’t wanted to leave. And I’m thinking someone remembered Alex and that’s the only reason Alex is part of Days. What is CDL? I’m guessing a board where leaks about characters and storylines are dropped

• tabbycat46
        tabbycat46 commented
        Editing a comment
        happy33, all I'm going to say about CDL is, the less, you know about that forum the better. Reading some of the comments, literally makes my head hurt. LOL . As for the returns, I originally was upset, however, I did some thinking. Having them return, may help Days in the long run, because it will allow new, fresh storylines to be told, instead of recycling the same characters over and over again. I can't mention their names, because this isn't a spoiler thread.
        Last edited by tabbycat46; March 9, 2023, 04:36 PM.

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        tabbycat46 I just saw the cover of next weeks sod so I think I know who, and what your talking about. And I wonder how this all plays out
    • TV Man
      Senior Board Member
      • Apr 2015

I'd love to see Xander as head of Titan. He's got many of Victor's qualities and it would be interesting to watch his emotional relationship with Maggie play out on different levels.

Comment

• tabbycat46
        tabbycat46 commented
        Editing a comment
        TV Man, I agree with you. I think that Xander's storyline is the one that closely mirrors Victor's original storyline-the Shawn/Caroline/Victor storyline. I just can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Stunt double
        Stunt double commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. He did a good job when he was at Titan and I love his relationship w Maggie. I hope they don’t do the tired rivalry w Alex trope. They could be good friends.

• prettypleasin
        prettypleasin commented
        Editing a comment
        TV Man From your lips to the Soap gods ears! Xander is the perfect successor to Victor. And w/Maggie by his side like a mother would be a great SL. I prefer Sarah to be by his side too.
    • cali815
      Senior Board Member
      • Feb 2015

I'm wondering if somehow Xander will be brought back into the corporate fold (by Maggie) and then we watch Xander and Alex duke it out for control of Titan. Maggie has always had a fondness for Xander.

Then down the line they bring back Sonny or Philip and maybe the twins.

Comment

• prettypleasin
        prettypleasin commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope Maggie offers Xander a job IF he gives up his position at the Spectator.

As for Alex and Xander, I would like them to get along instead of duking it out. I don't think these two have even shared a scene together.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would prefer they get along as well. They should be united and fighting other corporations, not fighting each other. Plus, I am always for family getting along for the most part. DAYS has way to much family strife based on nothing.

• prettypleasin
        prettypleasin commented
        Editing a comment
        cali815 I agree! And I want the same for the DiMera family.
    • backheidi
      Scriptwriter
      • Jan 2008

They have always been an important part of Days!! Like the Dimeras have finally grown, I would love to see the same for the Kiriakis family!! So sad that so many are gone. Victor especially is a huge loss!!

Comment

• DayRose
        DayRose commented
        Editing a comment
        I miss Victor! I agree that his death is a huge loss!

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the Dimera family has always gotten more attention. It feels like less and less attention was given to the Kiriakis family over the last few years. And members of the family went their own way, not tied to the family, like the Dimera’s have been tied together

• Nick Fallon fan
        Nick Fallon fan commented
        Editing a comment
        DayRose
        This is life, John Aniston passed away so the character of Victor has to retire
    • dee2
      • Dec 2015

I'd like to see Justin more often.

Comment

• DayRose
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2020

Originally posted by cali815 View Post
        I'm wondering if somehow Xander will be brought back into the corporate fold (by Maggie) and then we watch Xander and Alex duke it out for control of Titan. Maggie has always had a fondness for Xander.

Then down the line they bring back Sonny or Philip and maybe the twins.
        I'm a recent viewer, who are the twins?

Comment

• cali815
          cali815 commented
          Editing a comment
          Justin and Adrienne's twin boys (adopted and, I believe, fraternal twins not identical). They are the ones that Alex was working with in Phoenix and didn't get along with. They have never been on the show as adults, only spoken of.

• pnorbert2222
          pnorbert2222 commented
          Editing a comment
          Joe and Vic.
      • prettypleasin
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2014

I like the Kiriakis family! I think they should all live at the mansion as it would be soapy drama. Maggie, Justin, Alex, Xander, Brady and Bonnie all in one household please.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
          Editing a comment
          Right now only four people actually live in that mansion

• cali815
          cali815 commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^LOL, true. Only four people in the K mansion but apparently 10 people can live in Jarlena's apartment. Housing is very strange in Salem.
      • Ilovebooks
        Recurring Poster
        • Feb 2020

The actors' exits were certainly a problem for the continuity of the Kiriakis family on the show, but the autorative choices are also the problem: characters such as Brady and Xander outside the family. Brady is at least involved in the Jarlena family, but Xander has been very isolated.
        I don't see Alex as a strong character and, as someone said, Xander is closer to Victor character and more suitable for playing that role.
        However, I would not like a struggle between cousins, I don't say that they always have to get along with everything, but I would prefer that they were united and compact against the external threats than to fight with each other. We already have the siblings de Mera for that, ready to stab each other .

Last edited by Ilovebooks; March 5, 2023, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• FinchelKlaine4E
          Contract Poster
          • Jan 2013

Honestly, I think "Viva La Vida!" by Coldplay should be their theme song now. They were awesome in the past, but in the last 6 years, they've low-key fallen from grace.

Comment

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            FinchelKlaine4E Sadly I have to agree with you. I think that the Kiriakis family's Days are definitely numbered and they will be quickly phased out now that Victor's gone. Victor/John Aniston's death is truly an end to an era, not the beginning of a new one.
            Last edited by tabbycat46; March 5, 2023, 01:50 PM.

• Ilovebooks
            Ilovebooks commented
            Editing a comment
            Why do you think they will completely eliminate the Kiriakis family instead of giving them new life?

• tabbycat46
            tabbycat46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ilovebooks, I personally think that the show is going in a totally new direction, so I don't think the family will be vital to that. I think that Brady/Xander will continue on but Alex, Justin/Adrienne will probably be gone soon.
        • kahinamah
          • Sep 2019

I love Philip, and I would like to see him again, I also loved Victor, Ciara.
          I like Sonny et Justin.

Xander without Sarah, becomes the Kiriakis that I love it, but with her I have the impression of seeing a Horton

I love both the Dimera family and the Kiriakis​

Comment

• pnorbert2222
            • Jul 2006

To me it sort of bothers me that Alex feels like he is entitled to the CEO position. I mean he is kind of a distant relative of Victor's. What makes him think he outranks Victor's wife, son, nephews, grandchildren, great granddaughter etc. Or even his own brother Sonny (who Victor actually likes unlike Alex)

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
              Editing a comment
              I know right! He just showed up and he thinks he can just have it all?!

• DuckDeadeye
              DuckDeadeye commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, Alex was able to pick up the phone, press one button, and seconds later say, "Hello, Uncle Vic. I'd like to talk to you about 'Bella.' " (I may be paraphrasing.)

DD~~

• tabbycat46
              tabbycat46 commented
              Editing a comment
              pnorbert2222, I personally think that Xander should be getting the CEO position since he is proving to be the most like Victor in every way. As for Alex, I think that Maggie should allow him to run Bella.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X