Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abe, Roman and Eric raising their hands for Julie's "vow"

I was not surprised that the others did it but I was disappointed that these three went along with the charade, given their former (and present in Abe's case) occupations.

I totally felt the same way. I could understand it with Abe because it was about his daughter. But Roman? And especially Eric, a former priest?

Comment

• miiworld2
      miiworld2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eric banished the Devil out of his family's body and what did the Vatican do for him? They ban his ass. So if he gets punished for trying to do something good, lying for Lani shouldn't even BE a sin.
      What do you say to that, Vatican?

• Generosa1985
      Generosa1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mii world 2 LOL

Oh yea, that's right.
      I am still loving my Eric though, but you're right on that one LOL

Varlena, you're right. just horrible smh even for a soap! SMH

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL I don't think they comprised the entire town!! However, I do agree I was surprised. This happens all the time when it is someone they know - look at how Rafe covered up for Hope when she shot Stefan - that was not in self-defense either. Lani should seek another career.

This is why I roll my eyes every time characters get into these loud smug outbursts in town square. All the characters on the show will become self righteous talking about how badly someone behaved, but will turn around and cover crimes in a heartbeat if it means themselves or their family members get out of jail.

Comment

• miiworld2
      miiworld2 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I love about this show: heroes and villains doing human things for the sake of their own selves. Human nature.
      Also let's be real, if you and I were in the same position as Abe, Roman and Eric, we would've done the exact same thing and cover our loved one's asses.

• July Baby
      July Baby commented
      Editing a comment
      @miiworld2: Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, especially since what Lani did was justifiable, IMHO, and she probably saved three lives, including her own, by shooting the SOB. It's not as if she walked in on a perfectly calm scene and decided to shoot TR in cold blood for the hell of it. She walked in on TR about to strike Paulina, she saw Abe lying on the floor unconscious, in a pool of blood, and she had just learned that this man who had convinced everyone that he had changed was still a violent criminal who had overpowered her cop husband, grabbed his gun, shot him and left him to die. So she acted quickly and decisively. Let's not forget that TR was the criminal here, not Lani.

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Abe and Roman had been police officers too long, and have tried to uphold the law, to ever be a part of something so outrageous as a mass
      conspiracy to break the law. That isn't what any long time law officer would do, IMO. They would try to give sound advice to a person they
      could see was carrying guilt that was breaking her. None of them gave her suffering any consideration, just went like sheep to Julie's
      ridiculous order. If they had succeeded, Lani would have been left to more suffering until she would have had to be institutionalized.

At least Roman and Eric hesitated a little

Comment

Did you think any one of those men would report Lani to the Salem police department?

Comment

Everyone is written awful for Lani's sake. Roman has been corrupted years ago, which is why he left the SPD.

Comment

I was surprised and disappointed, especially in Abe. If there was one person in Salem that everyone would agree was
          honest, I'd say it would be Abe. The entire scene was unrealistic to the point of parody.

Comment

It reminded me of how when Sami slept with Rafe, came back home and shot an intoxicated Ej in the head, when her family knew they pretty much all but gave her a high five which is sad because that is the only time I recall them ever caring about Sami.

Comment

• varlena
              varlena commented
              Editing a comment
              How many people have tried to kill EJ on the show? I count 3: Will, Clyde's goon, and Sami. It must be a trope on the show.

Originally posted by jjtrdsa View Post
            It reminded me of how when Sami slept with Rafe, came back home and shot an intoxicated Ej in the head, when her family knew they pretty much all but gave her a high five which is sad because that is the only time I recall them ever caring about Sami.
            That is why I don’t understand why everyone is surprised this time. They are the same people. Abe wasn’t going to say anything. Lani is his daughter. And them raising their hands does not mean their conscience wouldn’t have gotten the better of them. They raised their hands in that moment as support for Lani. She was a mess. These people are human. They are not unfeeling machines. Kate might be but the rest aren’t.

Comment

Eric doesn't even know these people (except for Abe) that well. I don't get why he went along with. Although he was last to raise his hand. So he was reluctant.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                Who was he going to tell? He definitely didn’t know Ray!

• varlena
                varlena commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not so much whether he needed or wanted to tell. It's that he was asked to cover up a crime and went along with it.

And he could have always gone to Rafe.

• Generosa1985
                Generosa1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                i just had to lol at the way you're saying tonight, "Eric doesn't even know these people!" LOL ha ha, I know. and he is or was a man of the cloth. I am just smh at it now, i can't .... too funny but stupid at the same time.

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post

That is why I don’t understand why everyone is surprised this time. They are the same people. Abe wasn’t going to say anything. Lani is his daughter. And them raising their hands does not mean their conscience wouldn’t have gotten the better of them. They raised their hands in that moment as support for Lani. She was a mess. These people are human. They are not unfeeling machines. Kate might be but the rest aren’t.
              I don't think it is surprise more like disgust. These same characters would agree to something like this but by next week chastising someone for doing the same.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                So they will be hypocrites. Aren’t they already hypocrites?

I didn't like it. This is the very reason why these "good" characters get labeled hypocrites. I just felt the whole scene of "voting" to keep silent was unnecessary and didn't put these supposed moral and good characters in a good light.

Comment

• varlena
                varlena commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. I'm not sure who came off worse -- Julie pressuring them, or them sheepishly going along with her "vow". Not a good look for any of them!

• eileenregina
                eileenregina commented
                Editing a comment
                Julie is a major hypocrite considering all her professions of faith and God and doing the right thing.

Originally posted by varlena View Post
              Eric doesn't even know these people (except for Abe) that well. I don't get why he went along with. Although he was last to raise his hand. So he was reluctant.
              I may be wrong but didn’t Eric know that Nicole killed Deimos and said nothing.

Comment

• prettypleasin
                prettypleasin commented
                Editing a comment
                mymommasaid Yup, he knows she killed Deimos and so does Brady & Victor. I was not surprised at all when Nicole raised her hand to keep the secret since she has a BIG one of her own. lol

And the irony of it all was Lani ended up CONFESSING!

Comment

The thing that really bothered me about this “vow” was not so much that they were vowing to keep Lani’s secret… but that they were all willing to let Paulina take the fall for something she didn’t do. Even if Paulina was agreeable to it, which she was since it was her idea to take the blame in the first place, Eric, who is a trained counselor as a priest, should have said Lani’s guilt could only be resolved if she confessed to the police. Continuing to lie would not have helped Lani’s mental health.

I was disappointed in that whole scene. I did like that the entire episode revolves around the reveal. As long as they don’t overdo it, Days does great when they stick to one storyline episodes.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X