• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evianfan
    Executive Poster
    • Oct 2004

I love Nancy's makeover!

I think Nancy's new look is fantastic. I guess TPTB had this in mind from the beginning because she looks 15 years younger. TR is bad news, Nancy dodged a bullet, but there's a man for her. Maybe bring Chris Kositchek to town. Maybe Wayne Northrop could play the role. ?

I loved the scenes with Bonnie/Nancy. They make great friends. Add Paulina and Anna, they could be a great foursome.
  • dee2
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2015

I was glad to see that someone remembered Nancy's lovely red hair. She was stylish also. I was sorry the writing had to take all of that away, just for this story.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

Nancy looked two years younger. I hope she says no to TR Coates unless he really has changed. What about Abe?

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Abe???? He is with Paulina...right?

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        When did Abe and Paulina reconcile? I don’t remember that scene. tiff5555
    • gymguy68
      Contract Poster
      • Jul 2018

I still find her annoying and draining, sorry to say. Different hair color, but she's still Nancy.

Comment

• MDC
        MDC commented
        Editing a comment
        ??????????
    • mahdi
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2004

I don't recall ever being grateful to Bonnie before, but I REALLY am this time!!! I think Nancy's make-over made me as happy as it did Nancy!

I was dismayed to see Nancy/Patrika return to days with her iconic red hair replaced by GRAY. It simply did not suit her or her usually fiesty personalityI I hope we see no more of the gray hair or her sobbing and feeling insecure. That's not Nancy!! Let Nancy be her fiery self!

PS:
      Please don't misunderstand me! I have nothing against gray hair in general. I know a lot of people with beautiful gray hair and it's perfect for them. It just doesn't work for the character of Nancy. And I don't think it would work for Maggie either.
      Last edited by mahdi; March 12, 2022, 09:50 PM.
      mahdi
      Moderator: DAYS Forum, soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me.

Comment

• 50yearfan
        50yearfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Most redheads, myself included, do not do gray well at all.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh mahdi I had no strong feelings towards Nancy's gray hair. She however did reminded me of Mrs. Santa Claus. I understand how others felt with her hair. The only time I felt strongly about someone's hair, was John Black He had black hair and the very next day or time, poof, white hair! I felt like...I had to deal with life issues. Dealing with life issues, is very strange, hard to talk about because it is hard to talk about...I agree with Maggie.

• mahdi
        mahdi commented
        Editing a comment
        Tiff,
        OMG, you're right! Nancy did look like Mrs. Santa Claus with that light gray wig!!
    • Boneill
      Recurring Poster
      • Mar 2021

Once I saw her Instagram, I knew Patrika still had red hair. I figured there would be a makeover involved. Plus the wig was hideous! I d have gray hair and I love it, but it’s all about the style. That bouffant wig just made her look like Mrs. Doubtfire. Glad we’re going to see the real Nancy now.

Comment

• magoo1000
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2009

Yeah, Diedre Hall has gray hair and it is beautiful! And Missy Reeves has let the gray grow and it looks good.. But it is their hair and not a wig. That wig was ugly!
        Last edited by magoo1000; March 15, 2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• icyblue2034
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post
          Yeah, Diedre hall has gay hair and it is beautiful! And Missy reeves has let the gray grow and it looks good.. But it is their hair and not a wig. That wig was ugly!
          Exactly! It wasn't the gray itself, but the wig. The wig was awful. Which was clearly by intention to make this makeover pop, and that only makes it worse.

Comment

• Santorini99
            Board Regular
            • May 2008

This is the Chloe storyline in reverse ...If you remember, Chloe was nicknamed "Ghoul Girl" for her goth look until she was made over. History is repeating itself with her mother, Nancy!

Comment

• dee2
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Dec 2015

There was no reason to have to do a make over for Nancy. If her husband has always been gay, what difference did her hair style and color matter? Or her clothes?
              If she had to have gone gray I would have liked her to complain that it was from living with Craig, ?even not knowing the truth.

Comment

• DayRose
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Oct 2020

Nancy looks soooooo much better without the gray wig! Now if only her personality could change as easily.

Comment

• Mysterio
                  Soap Addict
                  • Sep 2005

Nancy is actually pretty. The Grey hair makes her more matronly. Like a Great Grandma. Now she looks great. Even Alice Horton did not grey until the last 10 yr of the show.

Comment

• magoo1000
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Aug 2009

I am a redhead and I am 73. I have very little gray hair. I googled this and found out that
                    redheads probably won't go gray. That's because the pigment just fades over time. So they will probably go blonde and even white, but not gray. So it is odd that they wrote Nancy as having gone gray.

Comment

• dee2
                      dee2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Anyone on the show doing research would have gotten in the way of the story plans.? ?

• jmpenn90
                      jmpenn90 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is definitely true for my mom who used to have red hair and is about to be 75. Her hair turned more blonde and white. I’m 43 and I probably have more gray than she does.
                  • icyblue2034
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post
                    I am a redhead and I am 73. I have very little gray hair. I googled this and found out that
                    redheads probably won't go gray. That's because the pigment just fades over time. So they will probably go blonde and even white, but not gray. So it is odd that they wrote Nancy as having gone gray.

Not so odd when you consider it had nothing to do with the aging process and everything to do with a stereotype/trope.

Comment

• J_Sam
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Nov 2015

I like Nancy and Can't wait til she gets a brand new man in her life smiling ,laughing, having a good time.. Craig will be far away in her mind... She deserves better than that piece of crap.... he deserves everything Leo is going to do to him.... can't wait for the fall out.. Im Team Nancy!!!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X