Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig lied to Chloe

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Craig lied to Chloe

    Craig told Chloe he was struggling with his sexual identity after he met this man, making it appear that he didn't realize he had these feeling before. However, he admitted to Nancy he's known he was gay all along, and just married her because he didn't want to live that kind of lifestyle. This makes Craig a complete a$$!!!
    Last edited by ScamiSami; February 2, 2022, 01:03 AM.

  • #2
    This is nothing more but OOC writing and shock value at best. I am not even buying Craig as a gay man, it shouldn't even be him as a gay man, it should of been someone else for this kind of story if you ask me.

    Comment


    • tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree but like magoo1000 confirmed in another thread, the actor is gay and Days may have talked to him with this storyline.

  • #3
    I'm not sure its that simple.

    Craig knew he was attracted to men but a man of his generation at that time of his life might be struggling with it. There might be shame, guilt and a fear of losing everything.

    Someone I know tried to "pray the gay away" and married a woman who he did love. He tried to suppress his feelings because they were sinful in the Lord's eyes in his view.

    Hes divorced now and no longer trying to deny who he is.

    Craig I think does love Nancy and doesn't want to hurt her. He also realized things couldn't continue as they were.

    He probably thought that if he found the right person then everything would work itself out. During his marriage he may have thought he was doing the right thing.

    I can appreciate how much Nancy is hurting and Craig did do the wrong thing. But he never intended to hurt her

    Comment


    • RickySpanish
      RickySpanish commented
      Editing a comment
      He was having sex with men at college. He said this. So he didn't suppress them until he realized he didn't want that lifestyle. He wasn't confused. At least that's not how it sounded to me.

  • #4
    Originally posted by JaySherman View Post
    I'm not sure its that simple.

    Craig knew he was attracted to men but a man of his generation at that time of his life might be struggling with it. There might be shame, guilt and a fear of losing everything.

    Someone I know tried to "pray the gay away" and married a woman who he did love. He tried to suppress his feelings because they were sinful in the Lord's eyes in his view.

    Hes divorced now and no longer trying to deny who he is.

    Craig I think does love Nancy and doesn't want to hurt her. He also realized things couldn't continue as they were.

    He probably thought that if he found the right person then everything would work itself out. During his marriage he may have thought he was doing the right thing.

    I can appreciate how much Nancy is hurting and Craig did do the wrong thing. But he never intended to hurt her

    I like your post, yes it's not that simple, it was another time, another world, another generation, this situation shows us that the world is not white or black, but very gray and complicated .

    Comment


    • #5
      What Craig did to Nancy is cruel, selfish, and cold hearted. I don’t believe that his feelings for men were suppressed during their long standing relationship. Those feelings don’t vanish. If there were even a moment that he came to the realization that he was gay during that time, he should have set Nancy free. Then to add insult to injury, you’ve been having an affair with a man, while still being intimate with Nancy. I don’t feel like this is new territory for him either, I’m sure there have been other trysts while they were married.

      Comment


      • #6
        The dialogue writers have never been consistent, this is just another example. But with a storyline like this, where a lot of viewers are having issues with it, these inconsistencies make it worse.

        Comment


        • #7
          Craig is being cruel to Nancy. He is also risking her health if he's not using protection when he's having sex outside of their marriage.

          Comment


          • #8
            Originally posted by JaySherman View Post
            I'm not sure its that simple.

            Craig knew he was attracted to men but a man of his generation at that time of his life might be struggling with it. There might be shame, guilt and a fear of losing everything.

            Someone I know tried to "pray the gay away" and married a woman who he did love. He tried to suppress his feelings because they were sinful in the Lord's eyes in his view.

            Hes divorced now and no longer trying to deny who he is.

            Craig I think does love Nancy and doesn't want to hurt her. He also realized things couldn't continue as they were.

            He probably thought that if he found the right person then everything would work itself out. During his marriage he may have thought he was doing the right thing.

            I can appreciate how much Nancy is hurting and Craig did do the wrong thing. But he never intended to hurt her
            ITA. This is how I see the story.

            Comment


            • #9
              This could be a great story if they'd give it the attention. Here's Craig, a physician -- the kind of career in which rationality is paramount, and to an extent you have to keep emotionality at bay. He's so rational he thinks he can consciously choose the person/s he is attracted to. He lives his adult life, up to now, on that shaky premise -- and now he falls in love with exactly the sort he has always tried so hard not to be drawn to: a man.
              He's a product of his time. It's tragic. He finally can't deny his heart after spending all this time (and his wife's) trying to be who he thought he should be.

              Either that or he's brainwashed which is not impossible in Salem.

              BTW, Nancy lied to him when she put her child up for adoption and didn't tell him. Nobody's holding it against her. I think Craig deserves a bit more sympathy than he's getting. Yes, he should have told her. She'd have dismissed it, of course. She prefers a fool's paradise, and constantly tries to interpret things according to her preference, facts and the feelings of others notwithstanding. They're a pair. Turns out the rational scientist was also trying to edit his reality to his liking.

              Comment


              • #10
                No way should a person get a pass for cheating just because they are gay, yet that is what happens a lot. "Oh they were just confused and finding themselves" is the common excuse I hear.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Craig think he is Iin love


                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Silentfan View Post
                    No way should a person get a pass for cheating just because they are gay, yet that is what happens a lot. "Oh they were just confused and finding themselves" is the common excuse I hear.
                    Nancy found loads of condoms in his suitcase from what she said a while back. So supposedly he's using protection.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by Key View Post
                      This could be a great story if they'd give it the attention. Here's Craig, a physician -- the kind of career in which rationality is paramount, and to an extent you have to keep emotionality at bay. He's so rational he thinks he can consciously choose the person/s he is attracted to. He lives his adult life, up to now, on that shaky premise -- and now he falls in love with exactly the sort he has always tried so hard not to be drawn to: a man.
                      He's a product of his time. It's tragic. He finally can't deny his heart after spending all this time (and his wife's) trying to be who he thought he should be.

                      Either that or he's brainwashed which is not impossible in Salem.

                      BTW, Nancy lied to him when she put her child up for adoption and didn't tell him. Nobody's holding it against her. I think Craig deserves a bit more sympathy than he's getting. Yes, he should have told her. She'd have dismissed it, of course. She prefers a fool's paradise, and constantly tries to interpret things according to her preference, facts and the feelings of others notwithstanding. They're a pair. Turns out the rational scientist was also trying to edit his reality to his liking.
                      Sorry but that is not correct. How I remember it was that Nancy was lied to by her father who told her Chloe died at birth. Nancy's father gave Chloe up. He knew based on Nancy's ultrasound that Craig might be Chloe's father and didn't tell her because he didn't trust Craig. Nancy was raped by her father's friend when she was a teenager. Had she known Chloe was alive, would of raised her.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by Silentfan View Post
                        No way should a person get a pass for cheating just because they are gay, yet that is what happens a lot. "Oh they were just confused and finding themselves" is the common excuse I hear.
                        But we didn't see Nancy, and Chloé finding excuses for Craig, they weren't kind to Craig; and both women were right.

                        Comment


                        • Key
                          Key commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nancy offered Craig a perfect opportunity to back out, recant, reset. They were in their room and he lamented being a coward and it was as if a switch had been thrown. Suddenly she was 100 percent willing to take him back and forget the whole thing.

                        • kahinamah
                          kahinamah commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah yes it's true, I had forgotten this big detail.

                      Google Matched Content

                      Collapse

                      Bottom of Page

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X