• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mymommasaid
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post

Yes, Ben has an ornament. He is just the best.
    Lol, oh wow I completely washed that from my memory. I know Ben is supposedly a changed man because he takes his happy pills every morning but in my perspective some of these circumstances feel forced.

Comment

• cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      The whole thing is forced.
  • Fancy863
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by mymommasaid View Post

Lol, oh wow I completely washed that from my memory. I know Ben is supposedly a changed man because he takes his happy pills every morning but in my perspective some of these circumstances feel forced.
    His so called redemption doesn’t work unless he’s force fed to the Hortons.

Comment

• cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stalked AND killed to frame a rival suitor? I would say your guess is off, happy33, by a lot.

• happy33
      happy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      cali815 soaps have been around for over 70 years. A character killing and trying to frame someone else, whether a romantic rival or another type of rival isn’t anything new. Are the situations exact? Probably not, but the the basic elements, are there. The idea of “I hate this person, I’m mentally unstable I will kill and frame them”

• cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not what Ben did, though. He hated Chad and killed innocent women to frame Chad. THAT is not common in soap operas. Villains generally kill the people that they hate or frame someone in order to hide their own guilt.
  • mymommasaid
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Fancy863 View Post

His so called redemption doesn’t work unless he’s force fed to the Hortons.
    Lol exactly, I mean this man is about to take on the devil in the Horton’s very living room…fire, brimstone and all.
    Last edited by mymommasaid; November 24, 2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything about what Ben does now is forced, but lauded, of course.

• cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^He's like Daniel Jonas, but with multiple murders under his belt.

• kmber
      kmber commented
      Editing a comment
      Daniel Jonas with a body count. Exactly.
  • Daysfansince90
    Board Regular
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post

Yes, Ben has an ornament. He is just the best.
    The sarcasm is just DRIPPING off of your comment. I love it.

Comment

• lambforever30
      Recurring Poster
      • Sep 2014

happy33 -ITA Ben redemption has worked for me. He is Ciara’s husband and father of her child. He deserves to be there. I ignore the ones who dislike Ben. They feel how they feel but it does not change how I feel.

Personally I wish Cin was celebrating Christmas on their own or with Shelle. I think Doug and Julie, are the only reason they are there. It’s Christmas and they are adults. They don’t have to forgive or be friends. However it is one day out of the year. They can all be civil. It has nothing to do with Chabby, or them liking Ben. Ben could care less he is their for Ciara. Unfortunately the whole thing is a plot point for them to be there for when possessed,Marlena shows up.??‍♀️

Comment

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a plot point because Ben was there last Christmas hanging ornaments! I do agree that Ben could care less about Chabby and if they get in his way, well, he can do what he did the last time they got in his way.

All will respect Jennifer’s house. Well, all except MarDevil.
        Last edited by Abby_fan; November 24, 2021, 10:15 AM. Reason: Add the l and drop the I!

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        lambforever30 I like that CIN are part of the Horton Christmas, even though it’s a mostly plot point ?. I’m really hoping it’s a dream, but I doubt it.
        The Horton ornaments have always been my favourite thing about the holiday episodes. The past few years it’s been lacklustre. And covid restrictions and protocols on set don’t help. But I love that no matter what, whether it be a few Hortons or a house full it’s a tradition that happens every year. I wish Belle and Shawn were a part of it, but I’m guessing covid protocols limited the cast members involved. Or maybe Shawn and Belle, Eli, Lani, and the twins can still have a scene where they get to hang their ornaments
        I try and ignore the negative comments about Ben, I wish I was better at it. But sometimes the hypocrisy makes me a little ? lol
    • tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

Look guys, if Jack can go from a rapist to a good man, so can Ben! Ben has have had numerous redemption stories. And we have popular pairings (J&J and CIN). If we harp on the past, we would not have wonderful couples like these...and we would not have CHABBY either, since somehow they are involved too in this discussion.

Comment

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        This board really needs a like button!

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, not the same, IMO. Jack did not use a vague mental illness to blame his actions on. Jack had a much longer and more detailed "redemption" story. Jack's crimes were not as numerous or as heinous as Ben's. Jack's rape of Kayla was heinous, but Jack did not meticulously plan out multiple murders of innocent people.

Ben has had a lot of writers making characters forgive Ben even when it doesn't make sense -- not a real redemption. And finally, I don't think that CIN is a great pairing.

And the board did have a like button at one time, but it was removed.

• kmber
        kmber commented
        Editing a comment
        IA. cali815. Kayla was eventually able to find love, have a family and pursue a career, something Ben's victims never had the chance to b/c he killed them, they were just a means to an end for him. No matter how many heroic instances and situations the writers shoehorn him into , not buying it.
        Last edited by kmber; November 28, 2021, 01:41 PM.
    • mymommasaid
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

There hasn’t been enough time and space between Ben murdering and terrorizing people to him making donuts/trimming the Horton Christmas tree for me. I don’t care how many times he saves someone from a burning building or tussles with his possessed shrink, the same shrink he tried to murder mind you, it’s too much too soon for me. Meanwhile Clyde, Orpheus, Kristen and Vivian are celebrating the holidays in a jail cell.

Comment

• happy33
        happy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        The killings happened in 2015 in Salem it’s 2022. So seven years. Jack went from vile rapist, to husband ,and father in 5 years. At some point writers move the characters on, they are redeemed, and new stories are written.
        Last edited by happy33; November 24, 2021, 04:05 PM.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        Abby did go to a mental ward on multiple occasions (and her killing off Andre was not because of her mental problems, it was deemed self-defense). A good portion of her mental problems stem from the abuse she suffered at the hands of Ben. And STILL, Abby's actions were not as horrific as Ben's.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        The thing with Abby is, she never fully gotten her consequences, a harsh reality either. Plus, she never gotten full treatment of medications either, cuz she was running away from it......in a way, if some are critical of Ben, then I feel the same way of Abby too. Like with Ben, Abby is not innocent either.
    • Daysfansince90
      Board Regular
      • Dec 2015

That couple just ruins everything. Now we have to see them taint the beautiful Horton Christmas celebration. Ugh.

Comment

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Daysfansince90, whenever they are in a scene, they make me gag. I prefer they stay in their little bubble so I can easily fast forward through their crap.

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        TBH, if anyone "taint the beautiful Horton Christmas celebration" will be C/A! However, since Abby is a Horton and Chad is her husband, I have the choice of watching or FF!

• pnorbert2222
        pnorbert2222 commented
        Editing a comment
        JJ: Hey second cuz. Did Ben tell you about the time he murdered my girlfriend?
        Ciara" No one cares JJ. If you cared about Paige you wouldn't have banged her mother.
        Abby: You know he made my life hell.
        Ciara: You shouldn't have cheated.
        Will: He strangled me!
        Ciara: Why are you still on that? You came back from the dead. Eventually.
    • mymommasaid
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Daysfansince90 View Post
      That couple just ruins everything. Now we have to see them taint the beautiful Horton Christmas celebration. Ugh.
      I couldn’t have said it better! Couldn’t they have had microwave dinners in that dingy room above the garage or something.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        No. Ciara is allowed to be at family celebrations with her husband.

• Joluiscute
        Joluiscute commented
        Editing a comment
        JackandJenfan exactly! It seems to me most of her family has forgiven Ben. So, I see no problem here.
    • tashasummer75
      Day Player
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post

I actually think he did kidnap her and it will come out. I predict Sami goes to Lucas because she can't have EJ and it will come out he kidnapped her. EJami will find their way back to each other as history tells us. I also think Nicole will leave EJ and Rafe when Eric returns.
      Nicole is not with Rafe she is with EJ and Sami will get EJ back. So how can Nicole leave Rafe if they are not a couple they only slept together one time and have not seen each other Sense

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        You constantly say that Racole will be a couple and now you are changing your tune? ?
    • kmber
      Day Player
      • May 2021

Originally posted by mymommasaid View Post
      There hasn’t been enough time and space between Ben murdering and terrorizing people to him making donuts/trimming the Horton Christmas tree for me. I don’t care how many times he saves someone from a burning building or tussles with his possessed shrink, the same shrink he tried to murder mind you, it’s too much too soon for me. Meanwhile Clyde, Orpheus, Kristen and Vivian are celebrating the holidays in a jail cell.
      This. It would be even worse if Mansi's Abby and JJ,( whose girlfriend Ben strangled and dumped in the shower) were present. But who didn't have the serial killer facing off with the devil on their bingo card? Has the devil even matched Ben's body count in Salem?What's the devil done there that Ben already hasn't.
      Last edited by kmber; November 28, 2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• tashasummer75
        Day Player
        • May 2015

Jack and Jen I still think Rafe and Nicole will be a couple but they are making it sound like they are a couple right now when they say Nicole will leave EJ and Rafe for Eric when he returns . Rafe and Nicole have not been in secnes toegher sense they slept toegher.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          As you know from the promo, they will be sharing scenes.....
      • mymommasaid
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kmber View Post

This. It would be even worse if Mansi's Abby and JJ,( whose girlfriend Ben strangled and dumped in the shower) were present. But who didn't have the serial killer facing off with the devil on their bingo card? Has the devil even matched Ben's body count in Salem?What's the devil done there that Ben already hasn't.
        Oh wow, I totally forgot about Paige. There is a lot of baggage and bad history there.

Comment

• Nancy T
          Board Regular
          • Apr 2017

Maybe they will even have Ben reading the Christmas story.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            kmber Ok. ? I don't remember you having an issue with Xander rescuing Maggie from committing suicide.

• ALoyalSoapFan
            ALoyalSoapFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, WOW! TYVM JackandJenfan I was trying to figure out who in the flying fig tree was "golden boy!" I came up with John but as you said, he's not a "boy" and Eric but he's also not a "boy" and he's a Priest! I guess, that's why we shouldn't use nicknames w/o adding the character!

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            ALoyalSoapFan It's obvious they were talking about Ben. It's just annoying this "anti-Ben" sentiment when non-remorse feeling characters aren't talked about this much.
        • ALoyalSoapFan
          Soap Addict
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Nancy T View Post
          Maybe they will even have Ben reading the Christmas story.
          Great idea and I'm hoping the soap gods honor your request!

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Patchy Clause will be most likely reading the Christmas story.

• ALoyalSoapFan
            ALoyalSoapFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I know, I was being funny to the sarcasm!

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            ALoyalSoapFan I guessed that, but wanted to put my $.02 in. ? Sorry.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X