• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonPaul
    Day Player
    • Aug 2017

Anyone worried about Bill Hayes should rest easy

A few weeks back people thought that Bill Hayes was having problems with his lines and such. Today (Monday) he aced it totally. He had a lot of dialogue and was good as anyone else on the show saying their lines and making them meaningful. For someone 96, he is a national treasure and while the possession in his body is off the wall, he definitely can handle the lines and is a gem to watch. I doubt we will see him all the time, but performances like this remind us that with age comes strength, and we all should be in awe of this man. May the sands in his hourglass never run out!!
  • jam6242
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2008

He definitely had a lot of people fooled. He was being written off as finished by some. Sneaky devil (also the cutest ever devil). Bill and Susan's Instagram account put up a new clip of Bill dancing the Shim Sham on Saturday.
    Last edited by jam6242; September 20, 2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Shim Sham- I have to look that up.
  • dee2
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2015

I thought at the time in question that he seemed tired, not having a particularly good day. After that he seemed ok.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

I am happy to hear that all is well. He is a great actor. I hope to be as active and alert as he is when I am his age. ??

Comment

• magoo1000
        magoo1000 commented
        Editing a comment
        I probably won't live to his age.
    • beatlegirlstl
      Board Regular
      • Mar 2006

Bill Hayes is amazing. I had so much fun watching his scenes today. The devil must have had a hold of Doug for awhile since there has been a lot of foreshadowing of Doug not being well/not himself the past couple of months.

So glad to see the vets get a good storyline!

Comment

• tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Beautifully said, OP! I was worried of him and John as well. We will see John on our TV screens soon.

Comment

• backheidi
          Scriptwriter
          • Jan 2008

I never noticed Bill Hayes seeming slower or having trouble with dialogue. I think it was in the minds of viewers assuming so when they found out his age. He is spectacular and never misses a beat!! I am so happy he is getting story!! I just wish they would let him sing (but I do not think Satan does much of that)!! Bravo to him!

Comment

• magoo1000
            magoo1000 commented
            Editing a comment
            I never noticed any problems either.
        • Jason47
          Contract Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jam6242 View Post
          He definitely had a lot of people fooled. He was being written off as finished by some. Sneaky devil (also the cutest ever devil). .
          Another positive note that I'll chime in with. Of anyone that I'm in contact with at Days, he is the super-fastest at responding to email. I sent him a quick note today as the possession storyline was getting into gear, and heard back within a few hours. So, as Jam said above, don't be fooled by others. Bill is fine!

Comment

• jam6242
            jam6242 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aww, he’s such a gem. Thanks Jason!
        • dool65
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2004

Have loved Bill Hayes since he first stepped foot in Salem. Crazy sl but he is rocking it. Bless him and Susan. ❤

Comment

• cookie222
            Soap Addict
            • Oct 2005

I love Bill and Susan they are awesome

Comment

• lovejomar
              Contract Poster
              • Apr 2013

I love you Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth. Both of you give joy w we gen you are on. Bill you aced all your dialogue and I am so glad the writers are letting you shine.

Comment

• jjtrdsa
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Sep 2010

Doug just never really had much to say. He had Julie yammering all the time. Bill Hayes looks better in condition at me who is 31. I am just mad the devil is after my Doug.
                I mean Julie's lol.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X