• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beatlegirlstl
    Board Regular
    • Mar 2006

John’s Concern About the Sami Brady Story

I get that they are trying to build up to the possession storyline but John’s concern about The Sami Brady story bringing up her demonic past does not make sense.

Sami was gone during Marlena’s possession. She ran away after dragging Austin and he rejected her. She did not return until Carrie and Austin’s wedding to announce her pregnancy with Will, which was right after Marlena was freed from the devil.

I can’t remember if Sami was around at all during the beginning of the possession or not. But since Sami wasn’t there, it’s not a big part of Sami’s life so I don’t see why it would be a big part of the script, other than maybe mentioning it but no need to actually have anyone star as the Mardevil in it.

The affair, absolutely. But the rewriting of history that their affair led to her darkest place is not true. The affair happened years before her possession. Stefano was gaslighting Marlena and weakened her, allowing the devil to take over.

Again, I get that they need to build up to the story but Johnny’s movie being the catalyst is weak. If he was doing a story about Marlena, then it would make sense.
  • vmfan
    Executive Poster
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by beatlegirlstl View Post
    I get that they are trying to build up to the possession storyline but John’s concern about The Sami Brady story bringing up her demonic past does not make sense.

Sami was gone during Marlena’s possession. She ran away after dragging Austin and he rejected her. She did not return until Carrie and Austin’s wedding to announce her pregnancy with Will, which was right after Marlena was freed from the devil.

I can’t remember if Sami was around at all during the beginning of the possession or not. But since Sami wasn’t there, it’s not a big part of Sami’s life so I don’t see why it would be a big part of the script, other than maybe mentioning it but no need to actually have anyone star as the Mardevil in it.

The affair, absolutely. But the rewriting of history that their affair led to her darkest place is not true. The affair happened years before her possession. Stefano was gaslighting Marlena and weakened her, allowing the devil to take over.

Again, I get that they need to build up to the story but Johnny’s movie being the catalyst is weak. If he was doing a story about Marlena, then it would make sense.

I agree 100%. I said this on another board. Sami was around in the beginning of the Possession and MarDevil gave her bad advice about pursuing Austin. But she was gone for most of it and came back literally like 2 days after Marlena was free from the Devil.
    The movie absolutely wouldn't even need to touch on the Possession since it has very little relevance to Sami's life.
    I hope Johnny decides to make the movie about Marlena instead. Her life is way more fascinating than Sami's and Sami is only about 45. There isn't even a real ending to her movie yet. Plus if Johnny doesn't know about the Possession he probably doesn't know about Marlena's twin, her murder, her first husband and son, etc. Sami's life is interesting, but Marlena's is literally 10 times more.

Comment

• beatlegirlstl
      beatlegirlstl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Marlena’s life is way more interesting for a movie. Maybe Johnny pivots and decides that he wants to do his movie about the possession and that’s how things go unnoticed? I just don’t want Johnny blamed since it appears the devil has been around long before he decided to make his movie.
  • Hope4BetterDays
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2006

Johnny is going to change his mind about telling Sami story and instead use the money Lucas and Roman will give him to tell Marlena possession story. That's going to be a betrayal. He just learned about what happened to Marlena Friday. I guess it's been a family secret this whole time. I still don't know why John pulled out his priesthood box so soon though, unless he has seen the signs, like maybe the devil has been haunting John in his dreams.

Comment

• beatlegirlstl
      beatlegirlstl commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you’re right, Johnny will decide to make the movie about the possession, which will make it easier for the devil to hide his actual presence.

John will blame Johnny once he finds out, and it won’t be until Marlena is saved that she will be able to confirm the possession occurred prior to the filmmaking.

• Hope4BetterDays
      Hope4BetterDays commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, In today's episode Johnny told Ally he's changing his mind to make the movie about Marlena but I doubt Roman and Lucas will remain on board with funding. We'll see. I could see the devil giving Johnny the money for the movie, when Marlena already told him no.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out! I wasn't watching during the original possession story so this sounds exciting!

Comment

• tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

The Sami Brady Story has a lot of shock value, but Johnnu will one day realize how much bad his parents are and why they are soo good together. It will make him digest to make him realize that part.

Comment

• Chance
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2007

For me, John’s reaction was from a place of love and concern. He literally witnessed Marlena go through the darkest and scariest days of her life! Naturally, his instinct would be to protect her from negative energy.

Comment

• pnorbert2222
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Jul 2006

I think the only thing John cares about is that he doesn't want to come off looking like a scumbag that slept with his friend's wife. Which he is.

Comment

• Harbor Club
            Harbor Club commented
            Editing a comment
            John doesn't care about himself. I wish he would.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X