• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JackandJenfan
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

SPOILER! Status change for actress!

Per Jason47, Marci Miller is now recurring. That is how she is placed in the credits.
  • CADY
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2012

She probably wants to spend more time with her infant baby, which is understandable.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I get it. I don't blame her. Tbh, Abby isn't needed.
  • happy33
    Scriptwriter
    • Mar 2005

I think it’s becoming a common thing to accommodate actors, rather than loose them altogether.

Comment

• PatchSweetness
      PatchSweetness commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Marci but not as Abby. She was outstanding as Abby's alters but as Abby I just don't buy it.
  • Abby_fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2015

Abby is more needed than a lot of characters on this show. But at least those not needed characters are rarely on so I am good. I think we will see very little of Abby, which makes me sad. She is my favorite person on this soap. I still have EJ and Lani so I will be okay. I just miss Abby so much. The writing for her is horrible so I am kind of glad she won't be on more, less of a chance to continue destroying her character. I am sure her absents will be because of her mental issues and she will be shown to not want her children around. ugh...

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      No character is that vital on Days. PatchSweetness Sone characters could stay away for sixteen years and no one would bat an eyelash or miss them at all.

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      Abby_fan I wouldn't say more....but she is needed. She needs to slap Gwen away....sadly

• PatchSweetness
      PatchSweetness commented
      Editing a comment
      When you said something about being gone sixteen years I thought you were making a reference to Steve since he was gone that long. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • dee2
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2015

I hope there are plans for a recast, if MM leaves for good. Abby and Chad are one of the
    few couples I watch. I want Abby to learn the truth about Gwen. I don't want Chad paired
    with anyone else, and I want Abby and Chad to get to the bottom of their problems.

Comment

• PatchSweetness
      PatchSweetness commented
      Editing a comment
      Chad was so much better with Gabi and Melanie in my honest opinion. I have never bought him with Abby. It seems to forced.
  • backheidi
    Scriptwriter
    • Jan 2008

I am disappointed because she adds so much to the canvass but I guess I feel lucky they will accommodate her! Some Abby is better then no Abby. But I honestly wish that MM or KM would commit more so we could have more of Chabby. What a difference in the show yesterday compared to today!! Same with the Beyond Salem....using vets and core characters makes such a difference!!

Maybe this means they will concentrate heavily on Doug and Julie and their new story and John and Marlena (my other favorite couple) and the possession story!! That will happily appease me!!
    Last edited by backheidi; September 14, 2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Fancy863
      Board Regular
      • Aug 2019

An actor or actresses’ status can change any time. Abby is back and some Abby is better than none at all.

Comment

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen to that.
    • tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

The status should not kill her full time gig. She had a young baby to attend too and she lives in a different State. Plus who wants to memorize 50 lines per day. Keep on watching Days of Our Lives for more surprises

Comment

• backheidi
        Scriptwriter
        • Jan 2008

Ok...I have thought it over and I am good with it!! She just had a baby and I cannot blame her for wanting to be home with that child (I was lucky enough to afford to stay home until mine went into first grade)!! TV shows are long days and time with your child is important. They grow so fast. And it is time you cannot get back! So my unselfish self says good for her and a big THANK you to TPTB for accommodating her.

Comment

• PatchSweetness
          PatchSweetness commented
          Editing a comment
          That's why to me this is not a surprise at all. I would have been more shocked if it didn't happen because if her being a new mommy.
      • Blondie18
        Contract Poster
        • May 2014

Not happy. She should be front and center and not on the backburner. She is a main character. She probably wants to spend time with family.

Comment

• LoveBO
          LoveBO commented
          Editing a comment
          In order to be front and center you have a story. And they don't have one right now. No one wants a repeat of that mess from the last few months.
      • CanaryFan98
        Executive Poster
        • Oct 2009

While I wish Abby was shipped off as easily as JJ was the show actually cares about her. I do think its best they're all recurring because its not as if they have much going on story-wise with this family. Maybe they can appear in another Beyond Salem series down the line. While I admit to not caring for Chad like I used to I don't think BF should lose his job if he wants to stay(same with MA) but if they aren't going to write for him then he should join her.

Comment

• PatchSweetness
          PatchSweetness commented
          Editing a comment
          I love BF as an actor but he's never been acceptable to me as Chad because I adored the previous actor but if he chooses to stay then of course they should accommodate him. They can put Chad on the backburner if they decide not to use him.
      • LoveBO
        Executive Poster
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by backheidi View Post
        I am disappointed because she adds so much to the canvass but I guess I feel lucky they will accommodate her! Some Abby is better then no Abby. But I honestly wish that MM or KM would commit more so we could have more of Chabby. What a difference in the show yesterday compared to today!! Same with the Beyond Salem....using vets and core characters makes such a difference!!

Maybe this means they will concentrate heavily on Doug and Julie and their new story and John and Marlena (my other favorite couple) and the possession story!! That will happily appease me!!
        With all these major stories coming up I don't think Chabby have a story right now. Marci said she wasn't working much so it makes sense why they probably put her on recurring. It would also give time to spend with her family.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Read backheidi's most recent post.
      • Blondie18
        Contract Poster
        • May 2014

Not happy. She should be front and center and not on the backburner. She is a main character. She probably wants to spend time with family. But if they can’t have her full time, as much as I love her they should try to bring Kate back if she can’t do it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X