Why does Xander want a job at Basic Black?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrAgnes
    Contract Poster
    • Nov 2010

Why does Xander want a job at Basic Black?

When Xander needed a job and he forced Nicole to give him one, all she could offer was a job at Basic Black in Salem. EJ has no such limitations. Presumably, he has thousands of employees all over the world.

Xander has no ties to Salem, unless you count Gwen, who has no ties to Salem. He has no background in the fashion industry. Nobody in Basic Black wants him there. Even if Xander wants to stay in Salem, there should be other jobs available.
  • JackandJenfan
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

Since when is Victor " no ties to Salem"?

Comment

• MrAgnes
      MrAgnes commented
      Editing a comment
      If Xander's only tie to Salem is the guy who removed him as Titan CEO twice and humiliated him by making him the gardener, I think that is pretty close to "no ties".

• Mariko
      Mariko commented
      Editing a comment
      Victor didn't remove Xander. Xander quit when Victor didn't fire Phillip after he laundered money for the Vitali family.
  • Nick Fallon fan
    Contract Poster
    • Jul 2021

You make a good point, why doesn’t EJ just offer Xander a job somewhere else?

Comment

• Ilovebooks
      Recurring Poster
      • Feb 2020

Because EJ probably doesn't think Xander is a capable businessman and he just doesn't like him.
      We know Xander handled Titan for 2 years, with good results according to Victor, but unfortunately writing has regressed Xander professionally as well.
      People consider him an idiot, he is continually ridiculed and humiliated. Ever since Sarah was kidnapped, his growth has been thrown out the window. And I'm very sorry.
      Last edited by Ilovebooks; September 4, 2021, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
        Nick Fallon fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, it’s all plot points, characters are only smart when the plot requires them to be
    • Stunt double
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • May 2011

Agree that Xander did a good job at Titan when he was CEO. Personally, I’d like to see him work w EJ at DiMera. He’s no idiot and he’s a Kiriakis.

Comment

• icyblue2034
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Stunt double View Post
        Agree that Xander did a good job at Titan when he was CEO. Personally, I’d like to see him work w EJ at DiMera. He’s no idiot and he’s a Kiriakis.
        I hate so much that Victor just tossed Xander aside for Philip, who only came back because he needs somewhere to launder Vitali money through. Xander exposed the whole thing and still got the short end of the stick while Philip face zero consequences. I was actually glad to see Xander walk away that time.

But now he's floating like a fool, getting wrapped up in Gwen's lies while failing at one "get rich quick" scheme after another. This same guy who was a successful CEO who brought Titan back up after Brady tried to tear it down and had enough principles to walk away from Victor's nonsense is now jobless.

Comment

• jjtrdsa
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Sep 2010

Xander happens to be one of my favorites on the show, partly due to the actor who plays him. He is one of the smartest characters on the show yet the writing insists on having everyone refer to him as pretty much a buffoon. When you have someone like Brady who is an idiot calling him names, I have to laugh

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Given that Xander shot Brady and left him for dead, Brady can say whatever he wants to Xander.
        • Abby_fan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2015

Xander is a Kiriakis. He has ties in Salem. He wants work. Ej can provide it.

Comment

• MrAgnes
            MrAgnes commented
            Editing a comment
            EJ can provide many different opportunities. Why Basic Black?

• Abby_fan
            Abby_fan commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe he likes working with Nicole. Basic Black is an opportunity. MrAgnes

• Prizzle
            Prizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            MrAgnes to piss off Brady
        • Harbor Club
          Board Regular
          • Jun 2020

That is what I have said too. Has to be better positions at DiMera than Basic Black that would fit Xander's expertise better. But, they have to force Nicole's abuser on her. Cause apparently that is good story

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
            Editing a comment
            It’s a shame she didn’t get miraculously pregnant by him
        • Clementine15
          Scriptwriter
          • May 2015

lt's a big town, we can see the skyscrapers out the windows sometimes (nevermind that there is a fairly teeney town square, which everybody walks through to get nearly anywhere they want to be), but he hasn't applied for jobs elsewhere, far as we know. Or maybe it is known around town that he is now a doofus and a scoundrel. Anyway, Basic Black, courtesy of EJ DiMera, is the only place he can land a job! Besides everyone hates him there, and that's a plus, right?

Comment

• lagirl
            Soap Addict
            • Nov 2006

For that millions dollars Xander should have been made Nicole's boss. Also Brady and Chloe's boss too, The three will gang up on Xander.
            Last edited by lagirl; September 4, 2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• GoPokes
              Day Player
              • Jul 2021

I don't understand his desire to be at Basic Black either. Brady and Nicole hate him. Why would you want to be in a place with people who despise you?

I love the Xander/EJ scenes, so I would much rather have him work at DE. I suspect Xander/Chad scenes would also be entertaining.

Comment

• eileenregina
                Soap Addict
                • Jun 2011

I don't understand why E.J. is making such a big deal out of the one million dollars. That is lunch money to him. Why does he need it back? Is it because Sami gave it to Xander?

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
                  Editing a comment
                  He told Nicole it’s the PRINCIPLE, he can’t let Sami win

• pnorbert2222
                  pnorbert2222 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Dimera is hurting for cash but EJ doesn't want to admit that to outsiders. Remember he refuses to listen to Johnny's media division idea.
              • Katedimera2003
                Board Regular
                • Apr 2013

And, even in Salem. Why can't he work for Dimera instead of Basic Black. If Dimera owns basic Black just let him work for Dimera. You could still even make Nicole and Brady answer to him. How can you work for someone who doesn't want you there? He's just going to get freezed out.

Comment

• icyblue2034
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Clementine15 View Post
                  lt's a big town, we can see the skyscrapers out the windows sometimes (nevermind that there is a fairly teeney town square, which everybody walks through to get nearly anywhere they want to be), but he hasn't applied for jobs elsewhere, far as we know. Or maybe it is known around town that he is now a doofus and a scoundrel. Anyway, Basic Black, courtesy of EJ DiMera, is the only place he can land a job! Besides everyone hates him there, and that's a plus, right?
                  That's what's so bad about all this. Xander was a successful CEO of Titan, an international corporation. The only reason he's out is because Victor is still the same jerk he's always been, preferring his son who only returned to the fold to launder money for the Vitalis after his poor judgment landed him in debt. Yet after all that, Victor just patted him on the back and told him he could stay as co-CEO. So Xander, possessing an integrity Philip lacks, walked away from a really bad situation.

Now he's the bumbling fool throwing himself on the sword for a sociopath he doesn't know with no one wanting to hire him. Makes no sense. Neither does EJ's obsession with the million dollars, for that matter.

Comment

• Clementine15
                    Clementine15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This EJ is a power freak, he's acting a bit unhinged. And l want to see Xander lifted up out of this mess pdq, l'd start a revolt if l could!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X