So Nicole just forget that she dumped Eric?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mymommasaid
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

So Nicole just forget that she dumped Eric?

I like Nicole but she is a piece of work. She slept with Zander, she dumped Eric even after he wanted to try and figure it out and she tells Ava that all of this is Sami’s fault? What Sami did was pretty low but all she did was speed up the process of something Nicole should have done beforehand, although I’m sure she would have took this to her grave if she could.
  • Elvis12
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2019

Nicole didn't exactly dump Eric. A major part of her marriage, trust, was destroyed by Sami. Sami has always hated Nicole and evidently more than she loves her brother.

Comment

• Elvis12
      Elvis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. He could have gone down in a plane. He could have contracted an illness in Africa and died. He could have hit his head and developed amnesia. Soaps have a million ways to get rid of a character. They did it this way to end the relationship with Nicole so now we can watch her fight Ava for Rafe.

• JaySherman
      JaySherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Elvis12, Amnesia or Death would have required more episodes to tell the story. Greg Vaughn apparently was only available for a few episodes

• Elvis12
      Elvis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Death would only need one line. "The plane Eric was in crashed. No survivors." End of Eric. lol (Okay, two lines.)
  • JackandJenfan
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

Sami didn't force Nicole to cheat. The only thing Sami did was have that fact revealed. Sami's not at fault for Ericole's marriage crumbling.

Comment

• Tricialen
      Tricialen commented
      Editing a comment
      She's cruel and mean and nasty... she's a mean woman! She didn't have to do any of this and I am happy that she got her just desserts!

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Tricialen That can be said for both Sami and Nicole.

• Tricialen
      Tricialen commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry if I had to pick the better person...it's Nicole for me. Sammy has always been a mean girl. At times at least Nicole tries to be better and admits her mistakes. Sammy is just nasty.
  • patrick4days
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2019

Nicole did not dump Eric, she let him go. She knew she would just keep on hurting him if they kept their marriage.

Comment

• varlena
      varlena commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. I think she made a mature decision.
  • mymommasaid
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

At any rate Nicole ended things with Eric, but her going on this tirade about how it’s Sami’s fault is childish. Yesterday she even told Sami that if she kept her secret, she would in turn have kept hers. Which means she had no intentions on telling Eric about Xander.

Comment

• Girl1988
      Senior Board Member
      • May 2014

Originally posted by mymommasaid View Post
      I like Nicole but she is a piece of work. She slept with Zander, she dumped Eric even after he wanted to try and figure it out and she tells Ava that all of this is Sami’s fault? What Sami did was pretty low but all she did was speed up the process of something Nicole should have done beforehand, although I’m sure she would have took this to her grave if she could.
      Dumbest breakup ever. Pointless. Can't believe they made Greg come back for that nonsense. They should have had him "captured/missing" in Africa so his character could have an open ending.

Comment

• patrick4days
        patrick4days commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not like they killed his character. He’s back in Africa. If they need him back or Greg decides to come back, Eric could just return to Salem. Less complications than a captured/missing story.
    • July Baby
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by patrick4days View Post
      Nicole did not dump Eric, she let him go. She knew she would just keep on hurting him if they kept their marriage.
      I think Nicole and Eric gave up too easily on their marriage. She was very effective at telling him how she felt about his extended absence. He was so angry about her cheating but she was able to make him see how he contributed to it. He got down off his high horse and was ready to listen and talk. At that point I think they could have worked it out. Instead, Nicole decided the marriage wouldn't work and said "It's over" and Eric did not protest. After fighting so hard to be together for so many years, this felt too rushed and forced. I know it's because GV was leaving the show, but it just didn't sit well with me. JMHO.

Comment

• CincyLady
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Sep 2005

GV did not want to stay so exactly how were the writers supposed to write him out?: They couldn't keep delaying his return every 3 months because that left Nicole in limbo. They surely are smart enough not to kill the Eric character just in case GV changes his mind. The breakup was the most logical thing to do. The idea that Nicole should have fought for marriage is moot - GV was not going to stay.
        Last edited by CincyLady; August 13, 2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• patrick4days
          patrick4days commented
          Editing a comment
          This is one reason why viewers should be more accepting of recasts, so that the story could be told without having to be altered by the actors’ availability.

• JMOM
          JMOM commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not because of the viewers that Eric wasn’t recast. That’s the writers and producers choice. Viewers aren’t the issue. GV wasn’t the first Eric. We currently have recasts for Jennifer, EJ, Chanel, Claire, Theo, Brady, Belle, Shawn, Gabi, Kate, etc. if they wanted to recast Eric, they would.
      • icyblue2034
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mymommasaid View Post
        At any rate Nicole ended things with Eric, but her going on this tirade about how it’s Sami’s fault is childish. Yesterday she even told Sami that if she kept her secret, she would in turn have kept hers. Which means she had no intentions on telling Eric about Xander.
        That's what is getting on my every last nerve. It's what has her acting exactly like Kristen. Blaming Sami for her actions. She's the one who cheated on Eric with Xander and lied about it. I am so sick of this "victim Nicole" routine like she's not the one who did the bad thing.

Oh, and that bit about Sami? She was totally talking out of both sides of her mouth with that one. Shortly after that she said she only didn't tell EJ sooner because she didn't have proof.

Comment

• HomDep0020
          Senior Board Member
          • Aug 2006

They should have just sent Nicole back with Eric and Let Chole take care of Holly.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Why couldn't Holly go with Ericole?

• lagirl
            lagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Chloe does not even have her own child.
        • PrincipessaGina
          Board Regular
          • Dec 2020

I Feel sick that we haven't seen Nicole really mourn her relationship with Eric at all. This might happen in the weeks to come. In very small doses, while she tries to hook up with Rafe no doubt. They moved her right into this disturbing Rafe and Ava triangle and let us all rejoice at the possibility that Ava will turn bat ish crazy soon and hopefully have a mob member kill Nicole or Rafe. That is the only bright spot in this entire story. Everyone, is being written so out of character, except Rafe, who continues to be seen as some wonderful romantic lead. I just wish he had more spark and life in him. Nah ... I just want him to be murdered by the next Salem serial killer. Whoever that may be!

Comment

• tashasummer75
            Day Player
            • May 2015

Originally posted by PrincipessaGina View Post
            I Feel sick that we haven't seen Nicole really mourn her relationship with Eric at all. This might happen in the weeks to come. In very small doses, while she tries to hook up with Rafe no doubt. They moved her right into this disturbing Rafe and Ava triangle and let us all rejoice at the possibility that Ava will turn bat ish crazy soon and hopefully have a mob member kill Nicole or Rafe. That is the only bright spot in this entire story. Everyone, is being written so out of character, except Rafe, who continues to be seen as some wonderful romantic lead. I just wish he had more spark and life in him. Nah ... I just want him to be murdered by the next Salem serial killer. Whoever that may be!
            I want Rafe and Nicole toegher and see them toegher in scence this week it will happen.

Comment

• pnorbert2222
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Jul 2006

I think it's ****ty that they had Nicole have feelings for Rafe but she cheats on Eric with Xander instead. So Rafe's hands are clean in the destruction of Nicole's marriage. Even though he was always around as her creepy friend taking her out on the town while her husband was away.

Comment

• PreciousGem
                Recurring Poster
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by patrick4days View Post
                Technically Eric left the marriage long before Nicole let him go. As soon as they got married he left to Africa. Then kept extending his stay. How much time did he spend with his new wife? None. Nicole just opened his eyes to what he was really doing. Eric wasn't or truly didn't want to be in a committed relationship not just with Nicole but anyone. He had commitment issues something he will need to work through before getting together with anyone. I'm hoping in the future they do get back together when Eric is fully ready to handle a committed relationship. Nicole cheating wasn't the only issue in their marriage. JMO

Comment

• fire_lookout
                  Board Regular
                  • Jul 2018

Originally posted by PreciousGem View Post
                  Technically Eric left the marriage long before Nicole let him go. As soon as they got married he left to Africa. Then kept extending his stay. How much time did he spend with his new wife? None. Nicole just opened his eyes to what he was really doing. Eric wasn't or truly didn't want to be in a committed relationship not just with Nicole but anyone. He had commitment issues something he will need to work through before getting together with anyone. I'm hoping in the future they do get back together when Eric is fully ready to handle a committed relationship. Nicole cheating wasn't the only issue in their marriage. JMO
                  Agreed. Other than Nicole leaning on Rafe's shoulder we haven't seen much emotional impact on her as she processes what just happened. To me this shows she came to terms with her marriage being over some time ago. Eric left shortly after they married, he put his dedication to serving others an ocean away before Nicole and Holly. I'm sure they'll eventually find their way back together at some point, but Eric isn't ready for a commitment to anyone other than himself.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X