Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan Spears... I think she is underrated as hell and they could go into so many directions with her!

Comment

Days is one those shows where the villains are very successful with fans and easily become popular.
      Sometimes it dues to good writing but often it’s the actors performance.
      That’s the reason why their “good guys” are never that popular or well written because they really aren’t that compelling which is weird because Old School Days used to provide very compelling good men.
      Shane, Bo, Roman etc... I loved them while growing up but now there is no “good man” on the canvas that I would root for over a flawed Ben.

That being said, the female underdogs aren’t that compelling, IMO.
      I find Gwen, Claire, Kristen, Jan etc... very boring and one note.
      They keep whining about self-inflicted issues. I don’t want them to win or get what they want because they lack self awareness.
      Gwen is the only one who made me root for Abby for the first time ever. She’s insufferable. I want nothing good to come her way. Same goes for Claire.

Comment

• REstivez71
        REstivez71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I find that the female characters on Days in general leave a lot to be desired.

I loved RkK Bo and Billie so much. At the time I felt Billie was the underdog to Hope and I rooted for her bc she and RKK Bo had crazy chemistry and she was a flawed but good person. I was legit torn bc I did like Bo/Hope but I did not want Billie hurt.

Comment

I don't mind a Villian, the less popular character, underdog, least liked couple etc. In the case of villainous characters, I dislike Gwen, Or, Dr. Snyder, Kristen, Jan. However, the biggest reason why I dislike them is because the actors are good at portraying them so dislikable. I give credit to how I feel about a character, strictly to the actor because it's part of their craft to do that. Some, are good at and other's not so much.

Stefano Dimera is a perfect example of a character most people would hate, but I loved the character even though he was always doing some foolish antics with the residences of Salem. I wouldn't like a person like him in real life. I don't mind Ben, I just would never be around him in real life. Vivian was and still is a lunatic. But good god that actress's was brilliant at her craft. Loved her on screen and the character when most didn't. I also liked and for the most part sided with Lucinda Walsh on ATWT over the Snyder's (except Holden.) Holden had a darker side to him. Meg did too, she was just annoying. I completely always found myself wondering what else could Lucinda have done to appease Lily. The affair with Craig was too much though, have some self restraint woman.

Interesting thread OP, I enjoyed it.

Comment

I'm rooting for Ben and Claire instead of CIN. When she was on last time I totally lost all feelings of support for her character and CIN since she treated Ben like such crap. I know she had amnesia but that doesn't change how my feelings for her as a character changed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaysFanFirst View Post
            Huge Lumi fan here. I also disagree that they are less popular than Ejami. I think they are MORE popular. But I consider them the underdog for one reason and it’s because they constantly fire BD. I want him around for good now!
            I just saw this fan poll online:

EJ 69.98% (450 votes)
            Lucas 30.02% (193 votes)

Total Votes: 643

They opened it earlier today.

I think Lumi and EJami have tons of fans. This board was extremely pro EJami back in the day for example.

Comment

• Joluiscute
              Joluiscute commented
              Editing a comment
              That's fine. it's hard to say who even knew about it. I know I didn't . In any case, I always figured Lumi was the underdog and it seems this poll shows it once again.

Originally posted by beevus2 View Post
            I'm rooting for Ben and Claire instead of CIN. When she was on last time I totally lost all feelings of support for her character and CIN since she treated Ben like such crap. I know she had amnesia but that doesn't change how my feelings for her as a character changed.
            I'm rooting for Ben and Claire instead of Cin too. That chemistry....man!

Comment

I don't think Lumi are the underdog... kind of, LOL.

Well, I wouldn't if they didn't burn me so many times on this show!

Comment

• Joluiscute
                Joluiscute commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep been there, bought the t-shirt and burned it lol...I know exactly what you mean lol

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post

I just saw this fan poll online:

EJ 69.98% (450 votes)
              Lucas 30.02% (193 votes)

Total Votes: 643

They opened it earlier today.

I think Lumi and EJami have tons of fans. This board was extremely pro EJami back in the day for example.
              Yup i saw this poll from daytime confidential. Ejami are still hugely popular and while Lumi still has their fans (i used to be one myself) it is clear Ejami are end game. I absolutely love them! Ej came and already is commanding everyone's attention. He enters a room and all eyes are on him. That is the type of man he is and that Sami wants at the end of the day. He challenges her and accepts her flaws and all, something Lucas never could do. Lucas always wanted to change her into Carrie. Ej loves Sami for exactly the complex woman that she is

Comment

Originally posted by hvstmn316 View Post
                I loved RkK Bo and Billie so much. At the time I felt Billie was the underdog to Hope and I rooted for her bc she and RKK Bo had crazy chemistry and she was a flawed but good person. I was legit torn bc I did like Bo/Hope but I did not want Billie hurt.
                That was such a frustrating era of DAYS . I loved Lisa Rinna's Billie and RKK's Bo. They had such incredible chemistry and the audience was really pulling for them. When they reintroduced Gina/Hope to create a triangle , RKK had no chemistry with Kristian Alfonso whatsoever. They brought back Peter Reckell, and the Bo/Hope magic was there, but he was like a dead fish with Lisa Rinna. They had no chemistry at all.

I wish they could have just made 2 different couples with the four actors ,because I loved that initial Bo and Billie pairing

I kind of wonder if this is why I couldn't ever warm up to Bo and Hope. I always found them so vapid and awful even though they clearly were a strong couple.

It's fitting Ciara is their daughter ,because I feel the same about CIN.
                Last edited by REstivez71; June 15, 2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X