• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sema608
    Soap Addict
    • May 2004

Am I the only one on Sami’s side?

What’s going on with the family’s overdramatic behavior? Allie comes across as an irresponsible brat. She got knocked up while in college(?) and expects everyone to take it on the chin? She dumped the baby on them and left. I’m on Sami’s side. She is the grandmother.

I don’t see why everyone is against her when she is coping as best she can given the circumstances. Sure, she wanted Will and Sonny to keep the baby, but she would rather keep it in the family then let Nicole raise the child. Eric is pretty much a wallflower in this Sami vs Nicole thing, so he doesn’t really have any say from my POV. Then when he speaks, he makes it worse. If Nicole wants a baby so bad, she can just adopt one. I don’t buy this aunt-niece bond at all and dressing her like a priest won’t change my mind.

I know they are doing this to create a storyline, but it’s ridiculous. I would think in reality, Lucas and Sami would have all rights vs anyone else.

The family’s just hellbent on calling Sami our on her behavior, but they don’t act like guardians at all. They are letting their emotions cloud judgment. Where are the lectures about taking responsibility for creating a life? If anything, Allie should be the one getting the scolded for being so reckless about her decision making. If it was an accident, she needs to own up to it. She’s already caused enough headaches.

So yeah, I’m 100% on Sami’s side. She’s being way generous in the kindness department than I would be in that situation.
    Last edited by sema608; August 18, 2020, 12:09 PM.
  • RickySpanish
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2018

I'm on her side in the respect that Rafe shouldn't have had the baby, and neither should Nicole. Sami had every right to speak to Rafe. She didn't force him to say no, she requested it. That's not sinister. It's a normal reaction. Nicole has a horrible history with Sami and others. Kidnapping Sami's baby is just one example. Thinking that Sami is wrong to fight to stop Nicole from getting the baby is absurd.

I'm not on her side in how pushy she has been from the beginning. I think if she had returned to town with some restraint, and understanding this situation would be over, and either Allie would feel she could raise the baby with their support, or Will and Sonny would have the baby.

There is the argument that as mother she has the final say. Only if she has shown sound judgement. She hasn't shown that since the day she returned to town. Before getting pregnant she was a party girl with a drinking problem. She doesn't appear to have matured much beyond that, and making grown up decisions is beyond her.
    Last edited by RickySpanish; August 18, 2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• sema608
      sema608 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. That’s why I can’t understand why everyone would overlook their history. I prefer Rafe over Nicole if push comes to shove, but I’d still want the baby to stay with Lucas and Sami. I feel the same way about both situations.

• CallAboutTheCat
      CallAboutTheCat commented
      Editing a comment
      This is perfectly stated!

• RickySpanish
      RickySpanish commented
      Editing a comment
      CallAboutTheCat Well thank you
  • Bermudabeachbum
    Day Player
    • Aug 2005

Absolutely not. I am totally on Sami’s side. I don’t see why anyone should take the wishes of someone who ran out on her child over the child’s grandmother.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      Soap Addict
      • Jul 2018

I am on Sami's side.

Comment

• jcwalk
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2004

I'm now on Sami's side. For me Allie giving the baby to aunt Nicole is too much, i don't blame Sami. I found the Rafe adopting the baby a bit much, buth Nicole is more ridiculous. So far i have little empathy for Allie & her judgement is terrible.

Comment

• lasagna
          Board Regular
          • Mar 2017

I am on Sami's side.

Comment

• dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Dec 2015

On Sami's other visits, I was glad when she left, but this time, I don't mind her. Maybe because the others are more annoying
            to me in this story than Sami is.

​​​​​​

Comment

• sema608
              sema608 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that’s why. They all ganged up on her in the most annoying way.
          • Cindy
            Senior Board Member
            • Mar 2004

I am totally on Sami's side. Allie has spent all this time trying to spite her mother. She ran off for goodness sake. She cares so much about the baby but yet there is a father out there who can come in and take that baby away from whoever tries to parent him. That is how immature and irresponsible Allie is.

Then there is Nicole. Why would any mother want that baby stealing piece of trash to have her grandson? The way Nicole has acted makes me hate her more. She should have stayed out of this whole business but it was too tempting as a way to get at Sami.

Comment

• sema608
              sema608 commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally agree.
          • Brenda4ev
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Aug 2010

I'm not on anyone's side in this story. Everyone is coming off as controlling and pushy.

I was on Allie's side, but her constant bartering of her baby has left me annoyed.

I will say, I completely understand why Sami wouldn't want Rafe or Nicole raising her granchild. That's about the only logical thing going on here.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
              Harmonica1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              Allie wasn't bartering with her son. She wants a good home for him.
          • kscott
            Day Player
            • May 2016

I'm on Sami's side and have been since the beginning. I don't see she has done anything wrong if Allie was shown to be a mature responsible adult that could make rational decisions I may have a different opinion but Allie has proved she is a immature brat out to hurt her mom.

Comment

• GeorgeBalanchin
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Mar 2004

At the moment this is DAYS best storyline. But it's extremely problematic. Mainly because the show is overly desperate at trying to make Samantha the bad guy in the story and the reality is she isn't. Yeah she characteristically steam rolls over everyone like a Mac truck but just because she does that doesn't automatically mean her POV isn't just. At the moment she's the only one who is actually making any kind of sense in regards to the baby. What she said about her daughter on today's {8/18} show was perfect: "Allie sends all of five minutes with Rafe and suddenly she wants him to have the child. Then she decides she wants Will and Sonny to have the baby and now she wants Nicole and Eric." And then she ups and abandon the kid. One thing is perfectly clear in this story: Allie is not ready for the responsibility of a child. And just because Allie says she wants Nicole and Eric to have the kid doesn't mean the kid should automatically be given to them. Allie has shown her decision making isn't sound. Just because she wants something doesn't mean she should have it. As for Nicole she really needs to stay out of it. This is truly none of her business and yet she feels to the need to stick her nose into everything. If you think about it all the major issues that are currently happening is coming about b/c of Nicole's big mouth. Her presence in this situation is toxic mainly because of the past history between her and Sami. I am really amaze that no one in Sami's family isn't understanding why she wouldn't want Nicole raising her grandchild. I mean c'mon seriously?? And I repeat myself - just because Allie asked her to keep her kid doesn't automatically means Nicole needs to do it. What Nicole needs to be doing is stand back and say, "Thank you - no. I'm staying out of it. This is not my family issue." If she would do that half the problems currently being face in this story would be resolved.

Comment

• sema608
                sema608 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly. Allie is so fickle. It’s like they’ve erased the Nicole’s history or forgot she kidnapped Sami’s child once. I want Nicole away from Sami and her children. Just because she’s with Eric doesn’t mean she’s changed and gets a pass on her paste crimes. Heck, they refuse to let Sami forget her history and use it against her.
            • rkm137
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Dec 2009

100% on Sami's side. Initially, I could at least understand where Allie was coming from. But at this point, Allie just seems like a willful, spoiled brat bent on hurting Sami as much and in as many ways as possible. Allie need some serious therapy. All she does is blame other people and hold them to impossible loyalty standards with threats of running away and/or cutting them out of her life.

Sami is volatile and a PITA a lot of the time, but I she had every right to express her thoughts on her ex-husband adopting her grandchild. It's not like it would be a momentary awkwardness at a family gathering, it would be for the rest of their lives. She gets to have feelings about that. And Rafe is a grown man. If his reasons were partly not wanting to get involved in the Sami/Allie drama, that is a valid concern. But Allie had to throw a fit because her plans didn't go her way. And she was a complete jerk to Will for nothing more than not outing their mom's actions.

Also, I'm tired of everyone acting like Sami's distrust and dislike of Nicole is just petty mean girl stuff and not that NICOLE KIDNAPPED HER DAUGHTER. Not only did Nicole kidnap Sydney, but she watched Sami grieve and even befriended her while keeping her daughter from her. Sami is entitled to hate Nicole forever. And it would make my head explode if my grandchild were being raised by the woman who kidnapped my child.

Comment

• Russellgm
                Contract Poster
                • Apr 2018

I so agree with the OP. Thank you for speaking for me also. Seems you read my mind. I don't care what Ally wrote in that letter, she did it for selfish reasons and that was to stick it to Sami. If she wanted Nicole and Eric to raise that child she would have asked them when she first came to town and not went after Rafe to raise it. She has asked three different people to raise that child and they just seem to forget Ally is underage and Lucas and Sami are her parents and guardians. There is no way she can make that kind of decision and not talk it over with her parents or the father which she has done neither. If Nicole knew anything about mothering she would realize that. Just saying yes to a child all the time is not being a good mother as people seem convinced she is. Real parents sometimes have to say no and if she don't want to raise that child, Will and Sonny would have been perfect and if not then her parents are next in line. They can go to court but with Nicole's background I doubt she will get that child especially when she was on the run with Brady and her child and bullets being shot at them all the time putting the child in danger and when she was suppose to be killed, that child stayed in danger. Where is the good mother.

Comment

• sema608
                  sema608 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  great minds think alike. Glad there’s many who are on Sami’s side. I totally agree! I can’t even say Nicole is a good role model let alone mother.
              • soapfan6
                Senior Board Member
                • Mar 2010

Im a thousand percent on Sami side. First of all, while we all know sami is overbearing. You cant just bring Alle in and have her hate her mom this much for being a helicopter mom. Am i the only one who doesn't get this total disdain she has for Sami. 2. Everybody except sami and lucas to an extend is just catering to this smart mouth girl. 3 while i love Nicole she is wrong, boundaries should have been set, why would sami or any woman want a lady who kidnapped her child raising her grandchild.. no!!! Nicole should know she wrong Lastly. What everyone else on Sami side said!!

Comment

• sema608
                  sema608 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, you’re not the only one. That’s the problem. The writers spent no time providing a solid backstory and even show buildup to allie’s hate for Sami. It’s like they forgot to include the 50 missing pages of script.
              • CADY
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2012

I am 100% on Sami's side. She did NOTHING wrong! She wants to keep her grandchild in the family. What is horribly wrong with that? A normal reaction from any grandmother. Allie is a very spoiled, complex, and immature gal. Sami has no choice, but to interfere in her life of turmoil.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's not her decision to make. Allie gave birth to him and unless the father shows up it is up to Allie who raises him. Would Sami have liked it if when she had Will her parents stepped in and started making all the decisions about who Will would live with?
                  Last edited by Harmonica1985; August 18, 2020, 02:25 PM.

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sami is doing what is best for her own flesh and blood, Allie and no name Horton baby boy.

Allie left him with a note. Allie gave up any say so over that baby. She didn’t even care enough to ask the newlyweds what they want. Such bratty, entitled behavior!

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As I said it's not for Sami to decide. She isn't the mother of that baby. It's time for Sami to go home.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X