Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafe and Hope, scenes as silly as they ever were.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafe and Hope, scenes as silly as they ever were.

It hurts to see Hope again written this way. KA said in one of her interviews that her fans wouldn't like the story for
    her upcoming, and boy was she right, if it's to be her and Rafe again and it certainly looks like that is what it will be.

It would be more interesting to me if they were actually staying on the show.

Comment

I knew getting the real Hope back was just too good to be true.

Comment

You know the show is on a decline when they're desperate enough to push Rafe/Hope on us for the 100th time. YAWN.

Comment

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          In spite of what KA was told about a great new s/l, I believe that this was always the
          intent. Maybe she did, too. BTS people, hanging on to R/H until the bitter end.

Originally posted by dee2 View Post
        It hurts to see Hope again written this way. KA said in one of her interviews that her fans wouldn't like the story for
        her upcoming, and boy was she right, if it's to be her and Rafe again and it certainly looks like that is what it will be.
        I haven’t liked how Hope has been written for a really long time. I’m not surprised she feels fans will be disappointed, I expect to be disappointed. It’s sad that an iconic daytime character is leaving the canvas, and the actress whose played her for most of the last 40 yrs won’t get the sent off both she and fans deserve.

Comment

I think all 4 soaps left are sinking fast. It's really a shame that the writers don't listen to the people who keep them employed.

Comment

l don't mind if they get back together, but am glad we won't have to see much of it. lt was very nice, though, to see Hope looking so very pretty as she was today and with a big smile on her face!

Comment

Well, I'll sure enjoy any Rafe and Hope scenes. They never should've broken them up to begin with, IMO! For what? The stupid, way too long, Princess Gina story....Ugh!!! Not sure if they'll have a full fledged reunion for them planned before they exit, but I'll take what I can for now. I'd love to see them exit together. Rafe and Hope are a beautiful couple!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                Amen! I'm loving them.

I like Hope & Rafe scenes. I'd rather watch them than the idiots (Gabi, Jake & Gwen) living at the DiMera mansion.

Comment

How they need to end their story:

Hope gets shot and in her dying breath in Rafe arms she looks deep in his eyes and says "I only loved you...Bo. I never loved the others".

And then Rafe becomes a monk somewhere in Asia....where the monastery is near a dead zone that doesn't get cell phone reception.

Comment

• GHKissOff
                  GHKissOff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No way do I want them to kill off Hope. We need the door left open for her to return, just because they killed off Bo doesn't mean they have to kill her off as well. Seriously there is life after losing a love.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^^I don't want Hope to be killed off. I want KA to return, if she wants to and yes, Hope should have a pairing.
                  The show has been so determined to have a pairing for her with Rafe, that never worked, that they
                  wouldn't leave the Aiden pairing alone and there was a fan base there, with KA liking it. Ted was never
                  given a chance.

There are more fans that like Rope than you'd think, but I'm sure the majority doesn't like them. It really feels like they're trying to get the show cancelled this week. Everything about this week has just been boring and absurd.

Comment

• GHKissOff
                  GHKissOff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a matter of opinion other than those horrendous Ben flashbacks along with those horrendous scenes of Eve wanting an innocent woman dead I thought last week was pretty good. I liked the Gabi and Jake interactions, the Gwen stuff especially with Jack and Jennifer that was hilarious. I even thought Eve become tolerable in her scenes with Claire. I also thought the drama surrounding the baby along with the Rope stuff was good like I said guess it comes down the preference.

It was exhausting, embarrassing, and cringey. The only dynamic they know how to write for these two is shyly flirtatious 6th graders, and it just doesn't work. I feel embarrassed for them. I don't know why they can't think of something better for Hope.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope and Aiden were cringey.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rafe was ok as a friend and work partner for Hope. It isn't about hating Rafe. He and Hope just
                  are, as some have said, embarrassing when they try to be romantic. Aiden and Hope, ok; Ted, if she
                  had been written as giving him a chance.

• CallAboutTheCat
                  CallAboutTheCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GHKissOff I strongly disagree that Rafe has been good for Hope. While a police officer, he hid Stefano's body instead of just calling 911 and helping Hope come clean with what she'd done (I believe she would've gotten off in court for shooting Stefano). Then they hid their guilty secret for a year and he dragged her into committing further crimes by framing Andre for the shooting. Then, a year later he broke up with Hope and slept with Sami a couple of hours later, and of course hid that from Hope until Claire blurted it out at the wedding. And all the time he likes to pretend he's somehow more righteous than everyone else, and is super judgmental. I don't see him as a "good guy" at all.

I don't know why some don't like Rafe and Hope guess it has to do with Bo whose been dead for years now. Life goes on and these two make sense. I like them together maybe it's not the same dynamic as it was with Bo nothing ever will be but they had something good before that silly Princess Gina crap. I found their scenes last week to be cute, and I like the two actors, I am all for them getting back together.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen! Go would want her to find love again and be happy. He never wanted her to grieve for him forever.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It doesn't have anything to do with Bo, for most Hope fans. Aiden would have been fine, as I think, Ted
                  would have been. It's Hope and Rafe, silly more than anything else, when they try to be anything other than
                  friends.

• icyblue2034
                  icyblue2034 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not about Bo. Aside from the writers wasting his limited return last time having him push Rafe towards Hope. That I didn't care for. But when it comes to Rope it's a lack of chemistry. This constant feeling that the writers just don't know how to write them as a good couple. They just don't work together.

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
                It was exhausting, embarrassing, and cringey. The only dynamic they know how to write for these two is shyly flirtatious 6th graders, and it just doesn't work. I feel embarrassed for them. I don't know why they can't think of something better for Hope.
                I thought maybe it was just me, but "exhausting, embarrassing, and cringey" is exactly how Rafe and Hope are to me. I can't even explain exactly why except I just don't see any romantic or sexual chemistry between them and I always feel embarrassed for them when they have to try to create some. I like both of them and I like them as friends, just not a couple. This is the last thing I wanted for either of them. It seems like the writers just don't want to write for either of them anymore, so we get rinse - repeat. Sad.
                Last edited by mahdi; August 15, 2020, 03:54 PM.
                mahdi
                Moderator: DAYS Forum, soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are great together.

• CallAboutTheCat
                  CallAboutTheCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I agree. Whenever they start putting Hope and Rafe together, they tend to write Rafe as an "aw shucks" lovesick puppy dog, and Hope as sort of flirty in an adolescent way. I felt like I was watching a 14 year old boy get up his nerve to ask someone for a dance at the freshman mixer. It's just not appealing! She mentioned that the producers told her they were writing a storyline for her with a navy seal, and I wish they had done that because she really works well with someone with energy who can jab at her a little and bring out her saucy side.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^^I think that flirty, coy way Hope has with Rafe started when the character was written to try to appear
                  younger, to be more of a fit for Rafe. That's why she has never connected with a granddaughter, although
                  It has moved beyond the 'Ciara's friend ' stage'.😂
                  '

I am not a Bo and Hope fan. I think the only person she sincerely acted excited about was Aiden.
                She acted like she would rather be doing anything other than having to have romantic feelings toward Rafe. Its a complete turn off that relationship as its been that way from the beginning. It is cringey.
                its believable from Rafes side, but not Hope's

Comment

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am a long time Bo/Hope fan, but I was ok with her with Aiden. I have never gotten the impression from the different writers that they
                  wanted to make any other Hope pairing the same as what she had with Bo, unlike the writing in the '90s for Bo, when Hope was gone.
                  Then it was like each new love for Bo was the great new one. That **** I couldn't watch. Unfortunately, Aiden and Hope weren't to be
                  because Rafe and Hope were to be, and it has never worked.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X