Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabi talking to Stefano's portrait makes me cringe

They had no relationship. It makes absolutely no sense.

And if he was alive... do we really believe she'd even be in that house?

He would've had her tossed out on her behind the moment Stefan kicked the bucket.

Anyone talking to Stefano's, or any portrait in general, makes me cringe. Gabi, Chad, Stefan, Sami, EJ, Abigail, Kate, whoever. It's stupid. Who does that?

Comment

Originally posted by prinxe View Post
      Anyone talking to Stefano's, or any portrait in general, makes me cringe. Gabi, Chad, Stefan, Sami, EJ, Abigail, Kate, whoever. It's stupid. Who does that?
      I tolerated EJ and Chad doing it... because they were his sons and I saw those relationship play out onscreen. People do talk to their loved ones who pass away like that... either when visiting their graves or praying or even portraits.

But, they went overboard with it and now characters had no sort of bond/connection to him feel the need to speak to his picture.

Comment

The only people that should speak to Stefano's portrait are these,The people who interacted with him.

His loved ones
        EJ
        Chad
        Tony
        Andre "If alive"
        Kristen
        Kate
        Rolf

His enemies
        Sami
        John
        Marlena
        Hope
        Anna

Comment

• Iluvdogz
          Iluvdogz commented
          Editing a comment
          We could add Theo to the list. He loved is Nono

Gabi feels attached to Stefan, so why not? Her kid has been in this mansion because Sami was around at then. Will has been too.

Comment

• Greenlee19
          Greenlee19 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stefan didn't know Stefano. Gabi had no relationship with Stefano. It makes no sense

Yeah, Gabi talking to that man's portrait is delusional, as if she had a personal relationship with him?? She had absolutely no relationship with him and if he was alive, he'd have never let her into his family, let alone be "owner" of his house. I would've loved to see Stefano deal with her in his own special way!

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
          Gabi feels attached to Stefan, so why not? Her kid has been in this mansion because Sami was around at then. Will has been too.
          No I like Gabi but she barely interacted with him I can't remember any scene that was memorable,. Sami is the one who should beat his talking to his portrait not Gabi..

Comment

The only people talking to Stefano‘s portrait should be those who had a relationship with Stefano. Gabi is just yapping away at a picture of a man she had absolutely no relationship. This is absurd. But Gabi being in the DiMera mansion is absurd. Stefano is turning over in his grave with the Shins and Hernandez clan trespassing in his house and business.

Comment

I personally like it, and here's why. Joseph had such a presents on the show, he made Stefano into something great. So much so that the characters even knowing he is dead feel his presence to the point that they feel the need to speak to him. It's a tribute to Joseph. I also think that in the back of the characters minds they are never quite sure if he's really gone.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/stefano-dimera-memes/7dbd86fb33f3d235f04f3c09718659ac.jpg

Comment

• Silentfan
                Silentfan commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. It is a way to keep Joe and Stefano on the show. Why shouldn't Stefan and Jake talk to the portrait of the father they never knew. Stefan clearly admired him, and Chad doesn't talk to him much. Andre used to talk to him a lot, but they killed him off. Andre was the son who was the most like Stefano.

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess Allie will be asking him to take her son next. Good lord all these people don’t need to be addressing Stefano’s portrait. Silentfan Stefan didn’t know Stefano existed until he was in his forties.

I hate anyone except those close to him (related) speaking with him. Everyone else looks stupid and it is a mockery...... losing all sincerity!!! What was sort of endearing is now becoming meaningless!!!

Comment

• Silentfan
                Silentfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Well that would be only Chad and he doesn't have much to say to him apparently.

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                I do agree with your statement. It is becoming comical. It was used to give Jake something to use to make a joke about Gabi being on top.

Talking to the portrait seems to be a way of reminding us that even gone, Stefano still is the main force in DiMera land.

I don't cringe, I just kind of chuckle at the weirdness.

I'm just waiting for Henderson to show up after an argument with Victor...
              Last edited by Vinny_Wolek; August 10, 2020, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Even gone, Stefano is at the root of the Dimera house and family; I think Salem sees Stefano not solely as an individual, but as the embodiment of the Dimera family in general—everything circles back to him and their legacy (the Dimera way of life). I think that’s probably the biggest reason I don’t have a problem with it. Gabi’s entire life from her company, to her lost love....everything is wrapped up in Dimera. I don’t see it as her specifically talking to Stefano, but rather what he embodies.

Comment

I love anyone talking to Stefano's picture. It keeps him and Joe alive for me. He should never be forgotten.

Comment

I am tired of Gabi and really don't care if she is leaving. Again, the writing has destroyed another character. Gabi has stopped evolving and is perpetually stuck in getting revenge on someone. It is tiresome. Although CB is a gorgeous woman with a great bod (wish it was mine, LOL) that outfit is totally inappropriate for a business meeting. In fact, she looks like a dominatrix in it.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post
                      I love anyone talking to Stefano's picture. It keeps him and Joe alive for me. He should never be forgotten.
                      I like it for this reason too.

Also, I don't have a problem with it because it it acknowledges that Stefano is still a force to be reckoned with, and his long shadow is still stretching over Salem. Also, Gabi didn't talk to him as though she had a loving relationship with him or knew him -- it was more like she was taunting him, calling him "old man" and claiming he was helpless to stop her from outsmarting his son.

It was a nice way to show how full of herself Gabi is and how highly she estimates her scheming powers.

The only thing that bugs me about it is that it somehow seems to put her on an equal footing with Stefano. Like OP said, she'd be out on her rear end if Stefano were alive.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X