This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allie’s worshiping of Rafe...

So Allie, born in 2007, worships Rafe who was her stepfather for all of two years (2010-2012), is basing the life of her Unplanned & unwanted child on a relationship she had with a man from when she was 3-5 years old? Okay Allie. What a very logical and thought out decision 🙄.

Allie has interacted with Rafe longer than that. Sami called Rafe and got him to go to Italy to help with Johnny just recently. So she’s been around him and his parenting skills.

Comment

Nothing is wrong if Allie worships her ex step father. It’s like what Angela8422 said, that Allie has interacted with Rafe longer and may favor him more. I am bummed of what Sami did. This was her daughter choice regarding her baby.

Comment

• Mewt
        Mewt commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you Tiff. Rafe obviously has a close relationship with Allie and her brother.

• EveIBelieve
        EveIBelieve commented
        Editing a comment
        100% agree. Allie's baby, Allie's choice. So long as the baby isn't put into any danger, I support whatever decision Allie makes.

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
      So Allie, born in 2007, worships Rafe who was her stepfather for all of two years (2010-2012), is basing the life of her Unplanned & unwanted child on a relationship she had with a man from when she was 3-5 years old? Okay Allie. What a very logical and thought out decision 🙄.
      Wouldn't Allie have been too young to remember the years Rafe was her stepfather?

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
        Carlys #1 Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I think too

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
      I dont blame you for feeling that way. Rafe was there for her in her life when he was with Sami but at the same time, LUCAS was also there for Allie too during the times EJami couldn't get their crap together. Lucas was also there for Johnny and Sydney too, are we going to forget about that? I like Rafe but I don't understand this lovefest for him when it comes to Allie.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rafe was there Sami in the hideout in 2008, was there when she was with him, and the kids. Johnny also loved him as well. Probably thru out the years, Rafe was there for them over Lucas. Lucas may had limited time with his kids because he was in Hong Kong. It’s the reason why Allie loves Rafe more.

I think Allie would have been at a point where Rafe left an impression upon her as a step-father and perhaps seemed more stable than Sami or Lucas individually during her younger years. Young people without stability cling to what stability they experience. Her "formative" years were unfortunately the years when Lucas and Sami were off canvas.

Comment

Allie just wants to be heard. Rafe has taken the time out of his life several times to sit and listen to Allie. Nicole, who I believe is taking advantage of the situation, is doing the same.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
          Carlys #1 Fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Nicole is definitely taking advantage of the situation

If I had known someone like Rafe while I was growing up, I would have worshipped him, too. She grew up with the chaos of Sami, Lucas, and EJ. I don't think it's at all odd that she would come to really appreciate a stabilizing male influence who clearly gave her love and attention. I remember feeling that way, sort of, about my godfather when he was alive. He wasn't all that special really, but when I talked to him, he really listened, and I could see admiration, compassionate and kindness in his eyes. I think kids never forget that, especially in a situation where this person provides something their parents didn't. I am all for kids getting all the love they need and deserve from well-meaning adults.As far as I'm concerned, there isn't enough of that in the world and there can't possibly be too much.

Comment

I agree with the others Rafe provided stability that Sami, Lucas and EJ lack . He’s calmer and less volatile than her parents and is the one adult parental figure that actually acts like an adult. That’s why Will bonded with Marlena in a way he didn’t with his own parents.

Rafe has also helped them out over the years.

Comment

She knew he'd be a good parent but more importantly he'd piss off her mother. All of Ally's decisions are a out pissing off her mother. The alleged adults are at fault for giving in to the whims of a petulant child.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
              Carlys #1 Fan commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree about Allie. Everything she does is to defy Sami and piss her off.

What are the odds she's crushing on him?

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
              Carlys #1 Fan commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that would be something

Originally posted by Soapwatcher7 View Post
            She knew he'd be a good parent but more importantly he'd piss off her mother. All of Ally's decisions are a out pissing off her mother. The alleged adults are at fault for giving in to the whims of a petulant child.
            What I don't get is how being spineless makes him a good father. That's what she believes. She believes (thanks to Nicole's lies) that Rafe is so spineless Sami was able to change his mind about adopting her baby. But that's fine. She doesn't want Sami controlling the baby's life but she thinks the best option is a man Sami was able to bully. (I guess Allie missed Sami and Rafe's entire marriage while she was busy making Rafe the center of her world? She should know Sami can't bully him.) Yet Will is also spineless for not telling Allie that Sami had a conversation with Rafe, something he learned after the fact, and she totally turns on him.

The Rafe worship is beyond irritating. I get that he was a good father figure, but they've layered it on way too thick here. And ultimately it's true, Allie's every decision is either to piss Sami off or in reaction to what she did. Any control Sami has here is not of her own doing, but from Allie's determination to react to every single thing she does. Meanwhile Nicole is lying about Rafe and Sami and the wonderful Rafe is allowing her to get away with it. He now knows she lied about his conversation with Sami and said nothing. Why? For someone Allie holds in such high regard, why is he still allowing such a damaging lie to stand?

Comment

That's a problem, it has been poured on to extremes by Ali, Rafe being so upstanding, etc., etc. He probably would have taken the baby, but when
              Sami talked to him it helped him realize that no, he really didn't want that, after all. He sounded completely confused about the entire thing, so
              it's good that he didn't get the chance to even try. Rafe is a mediocre character who the show has tried, in every way, to make an outstanding one.

Comment

From what I've observed Allie see's Rafe as one of the most stable parent figures she had in her life. Let's face it Sami and Lucas aren't exactly stable parental figures. Rafe in the time he was with Sami offered Allie that security she no doubt felt she was lacking in her life. That's why she loves him and I see nothing wrong in that.

Comment

Rafe is a grown adult who doesn't react to things by freaking out.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X