Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the bombing the Olympic Break cliffhanger? / Wednesday Cliffhangers

Days was suppose to take a 2-week break for the Olympics, with the last episode airing on Friday (July 24) and resuming Monday August 10th.
    However, the Olympics have been postponed and new episodes will air during this 2 week period.

In addition, Days was supposed to be preempted 2 days for the French Open (or another sporting event), however that event was cancelled and actually moved forward the calendar by 2 days (Episodes that were scheduled to air on Friday will now air on Wednesday)

I have a feeling that the episode aired last Wednesday (Ben and Ciara's wedding) was to aired last Friday right before the Olympic Break.
    This will give views a major cliffhanger right before the Olympic break.

With the scheduled Friday's episodes now airing on Wednesday, expect to see cliffhangers now on Wednesday.

Yes! And you are correct in how the episode came to a Wednesday than Friday. I was explaining it to someone here, but could not tell how this episode landed on a Wednesday than Friday. That person thought the Olympics started on a Thursday or Friday in the early afternoon.

Comment

• GHKissOff
      GHKissOff commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually they were to start on Friday evening of that week. I think the reason the episode aired on Wednesday is wasn't the show usually preempted for a few days in the Spring due to Wimbledon which was also canceled because of the pandemic?

Originally posted by Days_204 View Post
    Days was suppose to take a 2-week break for the Olympics, with the last episode airing on Friday (July 24) and resuming Monday August 10th.
    However, the Olympics have been postponed and new episodes will air during this 2 week period.

In addition, Days was supposed to be preempted 2 days for the French Open (or another sporting event), however that event was cancelled and actually moved forward the calendar by 2 days (Episodes that were scheduled to air on Friday will now air on Wednesday)

I have a feeling that the episode aired last Wednesday (Ben and Ciara's wedding) was to aired last Friday right before the Olympic Break.
    This will give views a major cliffhanger right before the Olympic break.

With the scheduled Friday's episodes now airing on Wednesday, expect to see cliffhangers now on Wednesday.
    No, the reveal of the bomb was the Olympics cliffhanger on Tue. 7/21. The bomb exploding (Wed. 7/22) was supposed to be the first episode after the Olympics on Mon. 8/10.

The French Open had 3 (not 2) preemptions cancelled, so all of the episodes have moved up 3 days. So Tuesdays are the planned Friday episodes.

Although as many people questioned that the bomb going off should have been the Olympics cliffhanger, I took the extra step of checking and confirming with the show that the Tuesday (reveal of bomb) episode was indeed the planned Olympics cliffhanger, and the show confirmed it was.

So, now with the 10 Olympics preemptions gone, the episodes are all airing 13 airdates earlier than planned, but that still keeps the Friday episodes moving to Tuesdays.

So, as a recap, since June:

Monday episodes are now airing on Thursdays
    Tuesday episodes are airing on Fridays
    Wednesday episodes are airing on Mondays
    Thursday episodes are airing on Tuesdays
    Friday episodes are airing on Wednesdays (so today's Eve reveal was planned to be a Friday cliffhanger)
    Last edited by Jason47; July 29, 2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Jason47 if the tennis would have happened, Days cliffhanger was supposed to air on a Friday before the Olympics? That's what we want to know because the last time, the cliffhanger was shown on a Friday before the Olympics.

Comment

Didn't think of that.. Would have been a brilliant cliff hanger

Comment

I don't know what happened to my original post. I tried fixing it, but

So, as a recap, since June:

Monday episodes are now airing on Wed.
          Tuesday episodes are airing on Thu.
          Wednesday episodes are airing on Fri.
          Thursday episodes are airing on Mon.
          Friday episodes are airing on Tue.

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
            Jason47 if the tennis would have happened, Days cliffhanger was supposed to air on a Friday before the Olympics? That's what we want to know because the last time, the cliffhanger was shown on a Friday before the Olympics.
            The reveal of the bomb was the Summer Olympics cliffhanger (the episode where we saw the bomb revealed at the end of the episode). That episode ended up airing on Tue. 7/21.
            The following episode (the episode where the bomb explodes) was the episode that was going to air after the Olympics ended, on Monday 8/10. That episode ended up airing on Wed. 7/22.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason47 View Post

The reveal of the bomb was the Summer Olympics cliffhanger (the episode where we saw the bomb revealed at the end of the episode). That episode ended up airing on Tue. 7/21.
              The following episode (the episode where the bomb explodes) was the episode that was going to air after the Olympics ended, on Monday 8/10. That episode ended up airing on Wed. 7/22.
              Checking your website, I notice that the French Open is normally preempted for 3 days (I thought it was 2 days). First day (this year) would be Memorial Day (Monday May 25 ) and the following Thursday and Friday. (June 4 and 5)

Comment

• GHKissOff
                GHKissOff commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh is that what is was, I knew there were other sporting events that preempted the show along the way.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X