Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so disappointed in Will

He knows how manipulative his mother is but he kept his mouth shut and let her try to manipulate the baby situation. He's as despicable as she is in my book.

Thoughts?

He did go to Rafe to talk to him, and he knows Rafe was already having doubts about adopting this baby. Will can’t be responsible for putting out all of Sami’s fires. I don’t think any of these people should adopt the baby.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will could have stopped it but he chose to be quiet and he needs to pay some kind of consequences for that. Will doing the right thing after the things Sami has been pulling makes no difference. He's just as guilty as his mother. There should be some kind of marital issues for him and Sonny at least a huge fight.

Will did not have to stay quiet. Regardless of what he told Allie or Rafe, Will's heart was set on wanting his sister's baby. Imo, Sammi needed to do little to get Will to agree to stay quiet. Will knows his mother, but he also knows his sister and the sure way for him not to be able to adopt Allie's baby. Will, imo, is not guiltless when it comes to manipulating the situation.

Comment

This is barely a manipulation. Seriously, anyone with a brain would realize that Rafe shouldn't risk another David situation by adopting a kid where the dad can return and claim custody.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Harmonica1985 Allie has been manipulating them all. Eric, Nicole, Lucas.... Coddling her.. She learned a lot from Sami.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        JackandJenfan: You and I obviously see this differently. Allie is being more mature and level headed than Sami has ever been about anything.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that Allie is definitely as manipulative and passive-aggressive as her mother. She has been being kind of bratty about this pregnancy since she hit town. Granted, I agree that Sami can be a nightmare, but Allie treats everybody (except Rafe) with this sort of disdain which is not equal to how they treat her. And choosing Rafe as her first pick to adopt her child is just another passive-aggressive jab at her mother. Allie was aware that her mother would be quite upset about Rafe adopting her child but she put it out there anyway and still pushed for it even after Will/Sonny were in the picture.

Asking your mother's ex-husband to adopt your baby is a slap in the face to your mother AND your father. Allie knows what she is doing and doesn't care. From her perspective, she is entitled to do what she wants because her mother is overbearing and it makes her selfish when dealing with other loved ones -- which is a lot like her mother.

Will's done nothing wrong. Rafe had no intentions of adopting the baby, prior to Sami's pleading. He knows this adoption is very complex, with no mention of the father, etc. He would not subject himself to another major disappointment.

Comment

• CADY
        CADY commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone who thinks different, does not think much of Rafe. Rafe is too smart to get involved with this very complexed adoption.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        He was thinking about it then Sami came in and interfered when her opinion is totally irrelevant.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rafe knows what a mess it would be if he adopted Sami's grandchild. After everything that happened with David, why would he want to get into something that is so complicated. I think that Sami's showing up and confronting him about it just confirmed his suspicions -- just don't do it.

Everyone knows what a manipulator Sami is. Rafe did nothing wrong. Will has done nothing wrong. lt's just Sami being Sami. l do not see at all that Rafe made his decision based upon her pressure. l was thinking that he was probably really happy he wasn't married to her any more and could just walk away from this bs!!

Why do they even care anymore, just ignore her, and get on with life. l know it's hard for Allie because her mother has evidently always been micro-managing her life, she is vulnerable because of the pregnancy, and immature to boot. Everybody else, just shrug and walk away!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will most definitely did something wrong by keeping quiet and allowing Sami to have any chance to manipulate the situation. Yes he told Raf e the truth but he still hasn't told Allie or Sonny and that has to have consequences of some sort.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Will did nothing wrong. He stayed out of it, for the most part. I don't think anyone thought that Sami would not have an opinion on Rafe adopting Allie's baby. It is only natural she would talk to Rafe about it -- Allie is being obtuse if she thinks that Sami wouldn't. Rafe wasn't surprised by it.

Sami asking Rafe to not adopt the baby was just the tip of the iceberg of what Rafe would have dealt with if he HAD actually adopted the baby and he knew that. So he decided not to adopt the baby.

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
      He knows how manipulative his mother is but he kept his mouth shut and let her try to manipulate the baby situation. He's as despicable as she is in my book.

Thoughts?
      That's a little over dramatic don't ya think

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it's right on point. He let his mother manipulate so he could get what he wants.

Who cares??? How did Sami manipulate the situation? Did she blackmail Rafe? Did she threaten him? No. She told him exactly what a lot of women would have said "I don't want you to adopt my daughters baby". This is actually a normal thing. Sami's request wasn't even unreasonable... I'mactually confused as to why this is such a big deal on the show.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        She put her nose where it doesn't belong. Allie made it clear what she wanted for HER baby.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        Allie created the situation when she asked her mother's ex-husband to adopt her baby. She knew it would upset her mother AND her father. She did it anyway. HER baby is also related to Sami and Sami talked to HER ex-husband about how she felt about him adopting HER grandchild. If everyone is adults here, then they can all make their adult decisions no matter what. And Will did nothing wrong.

• Skins 2008
        Skins 2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        Once again Allie went around town screaming don't tell my mom it's obvious that she wanted Sami to know that she was pregnant.

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post

Thoughts?
      Will did nothing wrong,please leave him out of sami and allies petty mess

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sami out him in it and he chose to be there. If he didn't want to be involved he would have already told Sonny and Allie what was going on. He isn't an innocent bystander.

Will didn’t do anything wrong. He even went to Rafe to see if everything was ok with him. Plus, Rafe didn’t exactly have his heart set on adopting Allie’s baby.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        He will not get off so easily when Sonny and Allie find out. He has to be held responsible for his silence.

Sami should have let the kid be adopted by Rafe. What is soo wrong in that????

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing at all. Allie knew he would have been a terrific father because she remembered how great he was as her stepdad.

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        The dad could come and get the kid like David's did. David's aunt got custody. Why would Rafe want to go through that again??! Why would you want him to since you're a fan?
        Last edited by JackandJenfan; July 29, 2020, 08:25 AM.

So the only thing Will has done wrong is not telling Allie about what Sami is up to. He should have been honest with his sister, no matter what Sami said. If she finds out he knew and didn't tell her, Allie will be understandably upset.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        He didn't tell his sister or his husband. Those were the two people he was obligated to tell. They should both be furious at him.
        Last edited by Harmonica1985; July 28, 2020, 11:26 PM.

The writers have made Rafe's reasons ambiguous for deciding not to adopt the baby. They have not shown one way or the other if Sami's "talk" influenced him at all. The timing was such that he told Allie his decision right after Sami spoke to him, but that doesn't mean she "convinced" him to do what she wanted. She thinks she's responsible for his decision but I had the impression that Rafe was hesitant all along, maybe because of what happened with David and maybe because of the awkwardness of the situation, and finally decided against it before Sami accosted him at the hospital. Unless she bribed, threatened or blackmailed him off screen, all we saw was her usual bull in a china shop approach to trying to dissuade him from adopting.

As far as Will is concerned, I don't think he's done anything wrong. He didn't know Sami was going to talk to Rafe, and he certainly didn't ask for her help. She told him after the fact. Was he supposed to run to Allie and Sonny and say we can't adopt the baby because my mother tried to convince Rafe not to do it? How does he know Sami had any effect on Rafe?

This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion, IMHO.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it's not. Sami I believe had a great affect on Rafe's decision. It was never her place to talk to him about it in the first place. As for Will be hasn't been honest with Sonny or Allie.

• cali815
        cali815 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree with you on all points, JulyBaby.

• July Baby
        July Baby commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, cali.

@Harmonica: I agree that it was not Sami's place to talk to Rafe about the adoption, but that doesn't mean that what she said was the deciding factor for him. We just don't know how much she affected him, if at all. If he had agreed at first to adopt the baby and then changed his mind after talking to Sami, it would be different. But he never committed to Allie one way or the other, and he never confided in anyone what he was thinking (on screen), so there's no way of knowing if Sami influenced his decision or not until he says so. So far he hasn't said anything about it. JMO.

I love Will, but something is already bothering, that the idea of wanting to adopt his sister's child came from him and Sonny, and not from Allie to begin with.

Since then I have the impression that he is handling the situation a little in a passive aggressive way ( I absolutely want this baby but I'm going to take it easy so as not to offend my sister).

And in yesterday episode, how Will and Sonny arrived so quickly with the adoption papers. I might be wrong but I don't like how it goes.
      And again this baby story I feel like I'm seeing a football game, the kind that will win.
      Rafe was truly the only one who behaved intelligently without pressure, without obsession.

Comment

Really wish writers would write humans instead of caricatures. It can be done. Watching old Jo Johnson clips is a great example of a beautifully rendered character played by an incredible actress

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X