This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day another interruption

Here we go. Another day, another interruption of DAYS. Ridiculous. If only there were 24 hour news channels, online streaming, social media outlets, etc... Oh wait, there are. HEY NETWORKS- YOU are the biggest reason why soaps lost so many viewers over the years. You’ve interrupted the soaps for years, stopped promoting, slashed budgets, and then wonder why ratings are terrible.

What's the big news emergency, now?

Comment

I'm going to assume another C-19 update of some sort.

I will always remember how the OJ Simpson trial destroyed any attempt for us on the west coast to watch midday soap for an entire summer, plus some. Soaps always get pre-empted. Try doing that to more prime-time shows instead. Those I rarely watch.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
        Carlys #1 Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        They’d never touch their precious prime time
        Shows

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was working then and we watched that trial everyday. It was a soap opera, even though the reason for it
        was tragic.

• JaySherman
        JaySherman commented
        Editing a comment
        The networks have interrupted prime time before. It depends on when the event occurs.

NOTHING will ever beat when they interrupted the soaps because President Bush CHOKED ON A PRETZEL

Comment

• JaySherman
        JaySherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, he did faint after choking. He didn't die thankfully and he was our President - the leader of our country so his health does matter.

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^I agree.

• ClassyIrishLass
        ClassyIrishLass commented
        Editing a comment
        Not quite the topic at hand, but I remember being upset when the news interrupted an afterschool special when I was a little girl, I never did get to see the end of it. It was the day Reagan was shot. I recall it well.

It’s all about John Lewis today.

Comment

Originally posted by cugsie View Post
        It’s all about John Lewis today.
        worthy interrupt. He's a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by leela1965 View Post

I agree, John Lewis, he is a True Hero and is a worthy of the interruption. This was a man who was willing to give his life in a nonviolent march across the Edmond Pettus Bridge for Civil Rights and for the right to vote. When you are willing to be beaten to almost the point of death for right to be treated like anyone else and to not ever lift a hand to fight back that is a person who should given the right to Lie in State in our Capital Building and I welcome the interruption. I will be watching the proceedings with great respect.

Comment

• Flowercity79
            Flowercity79 commented
            Editing a comment
            I couldnt agree more! I would much rather honor a legend like John Lewis than worry about a soap being interrupted..

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
          Here we go. Another day, another interruption of DAYS. Ridiculous. If only there were 24 hour news channels, online streaming, social media outlets, etc... Oh wait, there are. HEY NETWORKS- YOU are the biggest reason why soaps lost so many viewers over the years. You’ve interrupted the soaps for years, stopped promoting, slashed budgets, and then wonder why ratings are terrible.
          John Lewis was one of the most important men the last 50 years I have no problem with the show not being on TV., anyways I'm watching the show on Youtube.
          Last edited by Skins 2008; July 27, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
            Carlys #1 Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not arguing his importance. There are plenty of outlets for him to be honored for people who choose to watch. NBC needs to stop interrupted Days unless it’s for an actual emergency

• JaySherman
            JaySherman commented
            Editing a comment
            John Lewis was a sitting Congressman who's history was of significant historical importance. Networks don't interrupt just for emergencies. Some don't have cable as well.

I’m ok with the interruption, I did want to watch but I’m okay with watching it later. I can rest a little more before work.

Comment

Agreed. Interruptions are inconvenient, but I don't mind them when they're important. There's plenty of ways to watch an interrupted episode anyway.

Comment

Soaps are just cheap content for the TV networks and that’s about it. They don’t really care about soaps and will find reasons to interrupt them when they can.

Comment

Just be prepared it might get interrupted tomorrow and Wednesday for Mr. John Lewis. Im almost sure his funeral will be three days just like John McCain.

Comment

First off, network interruptions did not bring down soap ratings in their heyday; as for this interruption, it is important. Very important emergencies have interrupted primetime.

Comment

• tiff5555
                    tiff5555 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lately, it's in the daytime, there has been more news interruptions. Especially when Trump took the office.

I also agree.

John Lewis is an American hero. Celebrating his life, which he dedicated to the betterment of all mankind, is much more important than watching a soap opera... that will be available on an app anyway. You can watch Days conveniently in the comfort of you own home at anytime. Sometimes, interruptions trump mindless entertainment (which is what the show is written to be).

Comment

• TheMartins4Life
                    TheMartins4Life commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's really not about if he was more important than a soap or anything else. Is it REALLY all about the breaking news? And even if DOOL is like you said, mindless entertainment, to those it is an escape like other soap operas are still to this day. If it was a deadly emergency or anything else then I would completely understand. The funeral could of been seen on other news networks.

Unfortunately, NBC is a news outlet especially in NYC. Yes, John was a legend. No question there.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X