Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing the Cast?

With all the actors who have been reported as leaving the show, I have a question. Is Days trying to streamline the cast or will they bring in new characters? I mean will the show concentrate on a smaller group of characters? Or are new characters coming? Thanks for any response.

I think Days is rotating their cast every few months.

However I do think they should reduce the cast in general there are so many characters they have that they really don't have much of a purpose or bother writing for.

Comment

I imagine that the older actors will not be around like Julie, Doug, Victor, Maggie, who we already didn't see much.
      We won't see babies or children any more, but we didn't see them much anyway.

Comment

They should keep the cast numbers down but I've heard some characters are coming.

Comment

I think due to Covid 19, more cuts would be made, especially with poor ratings. Don't know what the future will bring. The time jump was supposed to be great, but with news interruptions, it just never rose. The storylines, was a hit and miss.

Comment

New characters will come, others characters will be woven in and out of the show depending on the storyline. Days needs to do this because they don't have the money to bring in new characters for a specific storyline and keep all the other characters on canvas. I hope ratings pick up, but it's hard to rely on ratings when certain markets have regular news interruptions during the shows time slot.

Comment

If we gave Days more financial means, equal to Y&R, B&B, and GH, it would be much better.

Comment

Obviously, Days is having serious financial problems. It is my understanding that several actors were asked to take a reduction in their salary. Those who are leaving voluntarily were not happy with that decision. Three actors portraying Rafe, Sonny & Will were terminated. I assume they were terminated for budget purposes.

The consistent low ratings could not continue without financial consequences. This was bound to happen. They will probably bring in some new actors willing to work for lessor money, and keep those willing to take a reduction in salary.
                Last edited by CADY; July 27, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Days may be giving more of a salary to the characters like Phil & Chloe. They wanted to keep the actress Camila around. We have to see regarding her. Kristian just took an opportunity out. Not sure of Missy. The 55th Birthday looks bleak....

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X