Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, WHY, isn’t Shawn Douglas the male lead of Days?!?!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, WHY, isn’t Shawn Douglas the male lead of Days?!?!

I just don’t understand why the writers aren’t interested in writing for Shawn-Douglas! We saw him grow up as a child on the show. He’s the son of not only legacy characters, but also
    one of the biggest super-couples of all the soaps. He’s needed in Salem for his sister, daughter, and family. He should be running the Salem PD. I just don’t get it. He’s an excellent actor, has decades of history, is gorgeous, and a fan favorite.

Shawn and Belle, and Chloe and Phillip should be the next main four.....

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
      Carlys #1 Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      I fully agree with you

• carson288208
      carson288208 commented
      Editing a comment
      This so needs to happen !!!!!

• fire_lookout
      fire_lookout commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! This is the direction that the show should be headed. They can take on the maternal roles that the grandparents (great grandparents) are currently occupying. They started setting this up 20 years ago. Time for it to continue.

because they made the mistake of making the love of his life his former cousin. That mistake ruined any chance Shawn D had of being in a marketable super couple.

I'm just going to say it...Shawn and Belle are CREEPY.

They're way too connected.

1. When Belle was born she was legally Roman's daughter. Roman and Shawn's father Bo share the same mother.
    2. Not only was Belle's mother Marlena married to Bo's half brother but Belle's father John was married to Bo's half sister Isabella
    3. Belle's paternal half brother Brady has the same grandfather as her husband.
    4. Belle's maternal half siblings Sami and Eric have the same grandmother as her husband
    5. Belle's ex-husband Phillip is her husband and her half brother's half uncle.

Comment

• SalemSwinger
      SalemSwinger commented
      Editing a comment
      pnorbert2222 While you seem to be keeping very close track, I'll go ahead assume that the reasons you listed are NOT why Shawn D is not a front-burner character. I've been watching the show for 35 years now and none of those connections that you enumerated bother me nor have they even ever really occurred to me. And I have no doubt that none of those things came to mind while TPTB considered Shawn D's place on the canvas. Feels like you're looking for a reason to be creeped out. We all know there's a limited gene pool in Salem. It's cool.

• GuidingLite
      GuidingLite commented
      Editing a comment
      If that seems creepy - you must not watch Bold and the Beautiful - where one character slept with both the daughters of his half-brother (they are not blood related whereas the elder brother is another man's son, raised by the shared 'father' as his own)!!!! ;0)

• islezeus
      islezeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah yeah yeah... the fact of the matter is they are not related, so whats the fuss about? There are real life couples who come from small towns where they have close relations but aren't blood related.

Right now, there is not much going there. But way back then, yes, he could have been. I just think the employees have certain fav or change in directions.

Comment

Belle should also be THE leading lady of Days.

Comment

I don't get it, either. I would like to see Shawn in stories with Roman and Victor. I have never understood why Shawn
        has not been a regular on the show. Someone back there doesn't want it, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by pnorbert2222 View Post
          because they made the mistake of making the love of his life his former cousin. That mistake ruined any chance Shawn D had of being in a marketable super couple.

I'm just going to say it...Shawn and Belle are CREEPY.

They're way too connected.

1. When Belle was born she was legally Roman's daughter. Roman and Shawn's father Bo share the same mother.
          2. Not only was Belle's mother Marlena married to Bo's half brother but Belle's father John was married to Bo's half sister Isabella
          3. Belle's paternal half brother Brady has the same grandfather as her husband.
          4. Belle's maternal half siblings Sami and Eric have the same grandmother as her husband
          5. Belle's ex-husband Phillip is her husband and her half brother's half uncle.
          1. Legally his daughter, biologically John's. Changed upon discovery of her real paternity when she was very young. Still a baby, I think. Too young to bond with Roman as a father.
          2. So what? Both marriages were over, and Isabella dead, long before Shawn and Belle got together.
          3. Again, so what? That's not a blood relation for her and Shawn, it's a blood relation for Shawn and Brady.
          4. Again, so what? The blood relation does not exist between her and Shawn, nor were they raised as any sort of family.
          5. I'm really not even sure what the point of this one is. Her ex-husband is related to her husband. Hardly new in Salem.

They're not creepy. It's a bunch of loose threads that tie their families together in some ways but not them. They are entirely unrelated, they were not raised as a family, and there's nothing wrong with them being together.

To the original post: I would LOVE to have Shawn back as a leading man. He could clean that PD up, scrub out the corruption (I know he wouldn't fire Lani as she deserves, but at least he could make her fall in line and do things the right way), and whip it into shape. He's connected to core families, part of a very popular supercouple, and there's so much that can be done with him. And I wouldn't mind at all if I got to see him on my screen every single day

Comment

Originally posted by Angela8422 View Post
            Belle should also be THE leading lady of Days.
            ugh. She has like zero charisma. I don't think you could put frail Belle through a tenth of what Kate, Nicole, Sami, Gabi or Hope has gone through without seeing Belle curl up into a ball. She's a weak character IMO who never had much of a personality.

To me she was Carrie-lite. She was exactly like Carrie in every way except she didn't have a Sami of her own as a nemesis. (I guess she had Jan Spears...who was one dimensional)

Comment

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post

1. Legally his daughter, biologically John's. Changed upon discovery of her real paternity when she was very young. Still a baby, I think. Too young to bond with Roman as a father.
            2. So what? Both marriages were over, and Isabella dead, long before Shawn and Belle got together.
            3. Again, so what? That's not a blood relation for her and Shawn, it's a blood relation for Shawn and Brady.
            4. Again, so what? The blood relation does not exist between her and Shawn, nor were they raised as any sort of family.
            5. I'm really not even sure what the point of this one is. Her ex-husband is related to her husband. Hardly new in Salem.

They're not creepy. It's a bunch of loose threads that tie their families together in some ways but not them. They are entirely unrelated, they were not raised as a family, and there's nothing wrong with them being together.

To the original post: I would LOVE to have Shawn back as a leading man. He could clean that PD up, scrub out the corruption (I know he wouldn't fire Lani as she deserves, but at least he could make her fall in line and do things the right way), and whip it into shape. He's connected to core families, part of a very popular supercouple, and there's so much that can be done with him. And I wouldn't mind at all if I got to see him on my screen every single day
            They're totally creepy.

Comment

Ughhhh Shawn D my oh my would I LOVE to see more of that deliciousness on my tv screen.. Love both versions, especially when Jason Cook came back for the anniversary with that manly facial hair good lorrrrrrrd ok i'll stop being creepy now. lol

Comment

I really like Shawn, and this Shawn in particular, I would really like him to stay, work for the police, see it's ties expand with Ciara, Roman, Kayla, more extended story with Belle and her daughter Claire

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
                  Carlys #1 Fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always liked this Shawn better too

My first thought when I read the thread title was "Because, in 2008, this show decided we're not allowed to have nice things."

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
                Shawn and Belle, and Chloe and Phillip should be the next main four.....
                I would love this so much.

Comment

The one thing missing from Shawn, which seems to be super attractive on this show, is that he is NOT a serial killer!! I'd love to see Shawn back too.

Comment

• dee2
                    dee2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good comment. If he was one, the writer would probably push Ben out of the way.

• prfan2008
                    prfan2008 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. Seems to me at some point, for whatever nonsensical reason, the show decided one day that "VILLAINS and their families' were much more important to the show than the protagonists, yet humanly flawed in a believable (albeit exaggerated) way, Hortons and Bradys. And when they ran out of villains and stories for villains, they turned the protagonists' children into unreal, unbelievable villains (while holding on to things like brain chips, hypnosis, brain washing, drugs to excuse them just in case). Sigh. For me when the Dimera family became more important than the Hortons or the Bradys, the show went downhill....as well as when Sami and Ej suddenly were "romantic". YUK. I believe this; it does not take nearly as much talent or hard work to make an off the wall villain gimmicky and in the short run, entertaining. But it takes true talent and care to give interesting humans, who are basically good and loving people, long arcs of believable, exciting and romantic stories. But they did it for years. As I look at the old shows when I can, it is amazing how different. Scenes are so much longer; dialogue is real and personal, and even the villians are given potential and layers (rather than a serious mental illness and a miracle drug), to show conflict, to show the push and pull of conscience. Bo and Hope, S/N as well as J/J and J/Ms family should be the core families and the people that come into their lives. Instead B/H's son is banished, the daughter comes off as stupid/shallow (can't think of any other way to describe loving a serial killer), the granddaughter mentally ill; John's son Brady bare associates with his parents; Sami has always been unbearable IMO; we barely get to see Belle or Carrie. To me, DAYS lost a lot when they decided villains were more important.

I like Shawn a lot. He has the best onscreen relationship with his daughter.

Comment

Days has always ignored some of the really popular characters. Jack is and always been a huge favorite. In polls about favorite male actors, even tho he hadn't been on the show in years, Jack was always in the top three. And some of you will remember Bart, he worked for Stefano, and was so funny and popular. For whatever reason, they not only killed him off, they chopped up his body.

Comment

• dee2
                      dee2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And the show has had some of the most boring, uninteresting characters have front burner story lines.
                      I guess because they always filmed too far ahead to see if a character worked, they just took chances
                      and many viewers had to skip a lot of scenes.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X