Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized this was supposed to be the story cliffhanger for the Olympics

I loved today's episode. And then halfway through I realized that the wedding would be complete today which meant the bomb (the one repeatedly shown to build suspense) had to go off in today's episode or tomorrow's. I was initially confused until I realized the Olympics were supposed to start on Friday. I feel like each wedding we saw was a build on the one before culminating with this traditional full old school wedding and then cliffhanger disaster.

I'm not sorry that I don't have to wait 16 days for the show to resume, but I'm a little sorry for the show runners, This was a pretty good run-up.

Wow! That is very observant! That probably explains the desire to suddenly do a bunch of weddings! I wonder if we'll feel like the show "reset" a little after tomorrow or so!

Comment

That's what I said in one of the threads regarding the cliffhanger. Yes, the Olympics were supposed to start on Friday, but later in the evening. So usually either we had an extra day or what.

Comment

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are frequently early events that occur the day of the Opening Ceremonies. Also, because of the Time Zones, there would be Olympic coverage quite early in the US. It's already Thursday afternoon in Japan.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        rkm137 If my memory is not vague...usually Days airs 5 episodes on the week before the Olympics start. I think we had two other episodes pushed front, to have this on a Wednesday.

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are correct. The last two Olympics we had episodes up through the friday. But both of those Olympics were in time zones which were closer to US time zones. The last time it was in Asia was Beijing in 2008. Looking it up, NBC didn't air the Olympics during the day at all and there were no preemptions. They weren't trying to find reasons to spread out episodes so much back then.

But yeah, it is possible we gained an airing from something else being cancelled. Either way, this bombing was meant to be the cliffhanger much like the explosions in 2012. And this would have been a fun one.

This was a good cliffhanger. Good thing we don’t have to wait two weeks to see what happened.

Comment

I'm starting to notice it too, also I'm outraged that they're having that Senator John Lewis Funeral, I didn't get to watch Today's Episode of Days Of Our Lives, I swear If I Ever see another Senator or President Funeral again I am going to scream, Now I'll Never know what happens, or If Allie's Baby is going to be Ok, also it was wonderful seeing Stefano's Portrait hanging in the corner, it's as if he's there, When Kate and Lucas were talking to each-other, I was hoping that Stefano would come walking around the corner and enter the room, and start talking to them, until I realized that He's (Joseph Mascolo) gone, every time i turn on Days, I was hoping to see Stefano, hoping to watch what kind of Plot that he's planning, I never had my chance to meet him in person, I never had my chance to tell him what is in my heart, and that is how I've always admired him, and how I've always watched him, how I followed him when he went on to that other soap opera (The Bold and The Beautiful), and His Return Back to Days, I never had my chance to ask him one request and that is if I could give him a big hug, If he would comply to my request, I would give him a big hug, and I would Hug him right in front of Everyone, I don't even care that it'll be on T M Z, and to Thank Him for having Me as a Fan of His for 37 Years, and getting me to watch Days of our Lives, and Getting me to Notice and Fall In Love With Him too. I've been a Fan of Days Since I was 12-years-old.Now I'm (Lisa) 38-years-old, and I'm still watching Days.

Lisa.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X