Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest Line of the Day..,

Funniest line for today goes to Ben. I thought it was hilarious when Will was telling him No he wasnt going to the hospital to see Ciara. Will told him Ben he wasnt going that he’d have to kill him first. Ben said said no I tried that already it didnt work.

Sorry, OP, but that line was anything BUT funny.

Comment

Nope, not funny! Ron's humor is disturbing! He mocks rape, mental illness, and now serial killing. I wish he'd find some decorum in his writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
        Nope, not funny! Ron's humor is disturbing! He mocks rape, mental illness, and now serial killing. I wish he'd find some decorum in his writing.
        Agreed.

Nothing funny about it to me.

Comment

It was dark humor.

Ben is so handsome and Will lights up around Ben. I think will has a slight crush on Ben.

Comment

• patrick4days
            patrick4days commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve been thinking the same thing since after the time jump.

5/7 would definitely laugh again.

Comment

Makes me wonder back when Ben strangled Will, if Will thought Ben was kinda hot, when Ben was trying to kill him.Will thoughts: " Oh god, this Ben (Abigail's fiancee at the time) is going to kill me...oh he is so hot, what a waste to be a psycho"

Comment

• Clementine15
              Clementine15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, exactly, good thinking! This whole bromance is ridiculous, and Will adjusting Ben's tie was icky, too.

Sorry, I don't think that it was funny at all. I'm not surprised that Ron and co. went there because a lot of the writing for Ben has been tacky. I am really curious, though, how many people who are loving the CIN story and Ben's were actually watching back when Ben was first introduced? How many of the CINers watched the whole NTK storyline?

Comment

It came off very awkwardly. It wasn't funny.

Comment

I think it partly shows the difference in Ron's approach. For Ron, everything is camp. Everything is a potential joke. Murder, kidnapping, rape, mental illness, false teeth, mistaken-identity sexual liaisons -- they're all small misunderstandings that can still be used to wring out some emotional drama or as fodder for a witty joke.

I've been thinking about how this is different from Days when I first watched it, in the 80s. Back then we suspended disbelief about certain aspects of realism in the show, but the "crimes" were treated as just as deathly serious as they would've been in real life. Heaven forbid a serial killer would ever become close with their victim.

Ron's world is very different. That whole serial killer thing was a minor misunderstanding. Now it makes for a handsome leading man becoming unlikely besties with the guy he tried to kill. There's a lot more moral and emotional superficiality in Ron's Days.

But it still makes for good drama, to me anyway. I thought that line was funny. And I enjoy Ron's Days overall.

Comment

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for trying to explain RC. I don't get his writing, or like it, but it is what it is.

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
                I think it partly shows the difference in Ron's approach. For Ron, everything is camp. Everything is a potential joke. Murder, kidnapping, rape, mental illness, false teeth, mistaken-identity sexual liaisons -- they're all small misunderstandings that can still be used to wring out some emotional drama or as fodder for a witty joke.

I've been thinking about how this is different from Days when I first watched it, in the 80s. Back then we suspended disbelief about certain aspects of realism in the show, but the "crimes" were treated as just as deathly serious as they would've been in real life. Heaven forbid a serial killer would ever become close with their victim.

Ron's world is very different. That whole serial killer thing was a minor misunderstanding. Now it makes for a handsome leading man becoming unlikely besties with the guy he tried to kill. There's a lot more moral and emotional superficiality in Ron's Days.

But it still makes for good drama, to me anyway. I thought that line was funny. And I enjoy Ron's Days overall.
                Great post. I see it the same way, which I guess allowed me to find that line funny. It's as if Ron is writing a spoof of some aspects of the show while he's writing the show.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                  CallAboutTheCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly!! It's like he takes the show seriously enough to get some really dramatic moments out of it. But then he can't help but step back and make a wink-wink nudge-nudge joke. It's an interesting approach.

I thought it was extremely offensive and tasteless.

Comment

Just more of Ron propping Ben and trying to fluff off Ben's twisted, malicious crimes as no big deal, cause it's more important to make him a romanticized leading man now, than to treat what he did with any amount of seriousness.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X