Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Will/Ben dialogue

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Will/Ben dialogue

    Will: You'll have to kill me before you leave.
    Ben: I've already tried that.


    What???

    I thought that was a bit tasteless. Indicative of one of my major qualms about this show. Will's death was not done lightly or jokingly. Anyone who watched that story live knew how sad fans were and how gruesome the Necktie killings were portrayed to be.

    I do believe DOOL flounders where ratings are concerned because people want to see stories about protagonists and antagonists. This show doesn't know how to properly build either. Hence why we have "best friends" laughing about attempted murder. I'd take dialogue like this from Kate and Vivian... not the "good guys."

  • #2
    The fact that Ron promoted it on his twitter and thinks it’s funny is disturbing.

    Comment


    • Brenda4ev
      Brenda4ev commented
      Editing a comment
      He did? Wow.

    • Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it just shows he has a sense of humor. It would have been tasteless if it were about a dead person.

    • cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will was a dead person as far as Ben and the world knew. And there were 2 other women that Ben strangled. It is a tacky joke because the character did murder 3 women.

  • #3
    I'm in the minority here because it was comical and I'm sure it was meant to be that way. Will is alive and well so people can loosen up.

    Comment


    • aholeman
      aholeman commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Thats the way i took that scene. I just made a post about that being the funniest line of the day.

    • Bermudabeachbum
      Bermudabeachbum commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok why don’t we have a Jack drop a joke about raping Kayla? It was a long time ago right?

  • #4
    Yeah, I didn't even watch the show live. Just read it in the LT and was like, "What?" Maybe I could see Will saying something like that, but that's not how Ben should have responded, especially in light of his hallucination of Jordan and what she said to him about his demons still being inside him. I mean he just had that seen with Sami, apologizing about what he did and the pain it caused her and her family, and then he responds in this way. Ron and TIIC lost a huge opportunity here for Ben to show truly how contrite he is to his supposed best friend for what he did. Total fail.

    Comment


    • savytabby
      savytabby commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually he should have to Harmonica1985. People have been brushing aside Ben's crimes and past for far too long, largely to pacify Ciara. And for Ben to do it too, to his own victim, is just wrong -- especially in light of what he had just "dreamed" that morning. At the very least, he should have not said anything at all in response. Just maybe looking awkward would have sufficed IMHO.

    • savytabby
      savytabby commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually he should have to Harmonica1985. People have been brushing aside Ben's crimes and past for far too long, largely to pacify Ciara. And for Ben to do it too, to his own victim, is just wrong -- especially in light of what he had just "dreamed" that morning. At the very least, he should have not said anything at all in response. Just maybe looking awkward would have sufficed IMHO.

    • Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I disagree completely. Ben is well and he's shown it. Also he and Marlena talked about him seeing Jordan.

  • #5
    Originally posted by savytabby View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even watch the show live. Just read it in the LT and was like, "What?" Maybe I could see Will saying something like that, but that's not how Ben should have responded, especially in light of his hallucination of Jordan and what she said to him about his demons still being inside him. I mean he just had that seen with Sami, apologizing about what he did and the pain it caused her and her family, and then he responds in this way. Ron and TIIC lost a huge opportunity here for Ben to show truly how contrite he is to his supposed best friend for what he did. Total fail.
    Yes. That's exactly why it struck me as just being wrong and not funny.

    This is a character who is supposed to be remorseful and look back at his past deeds with disgust. But, he's "joking" about murdering his best man...?

    Comment


    • #6
      Ron has no decorum! He doesn't care about poking fun at a serial killer character/story. Even taking it further today and had Will adjust Ben's necktie. Oh, that was so funny Ron, so clever........NOT!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't like it then why are you watching it?

      • Beca Drags
        Beca Drags commented
        Editing a comment
        Cause, I watch the show live, so I can't FF, and I keep watching in hopes the writing will get better. Only way that might happen is if Ron is shown the door!

    • #7
      And for Ben to do it too, to his own victim, is just wrong -- especially in light of what he had just "dreamed" that morning. At the very least, he should have not said anything at all in response. Just maybe looking awkward would have sufficed IMHO.

      You nailed it savytabby.

      We get scenes of Ben being haunted by Jordan and fearful that he might kill again. We see him talk to Marlena about feeling like he doesn't deserve to be happy with Ciara. These things should indicate someone who is riddled with guilt and anxiety over his actions.

      Joking about killing Will contradicts that. It does not jive well with what was previously being established and makes it all seem very vapid and superficial.

      Comment


      • #8
        At one point I thought that maybe Will wasn't there at all and it was all a hallucination.

        I also thought it would be funny if Will found an excuse to say, "Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me." Perhaps Vivian can find a way to slip it in somewhere.

        Comment


        • #9
          Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
          I'm in the minority here because it was comical and I'm sure it was meant to be that way. Will is alive and well so people can loosen up.

          Same, I took this scene as humor, no need to take everything seriously.

          Comment


          • #10
            Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post
            Will: You'll have to kill me before you leave.
            Ben: I've already tried that.


            What???

            I thought that was a bit tasteless. Indicative of one of my major qualms about this show. Will's death was not done lightly or jokingly. Anyone who watched that story live knew how sad fans were and how gruesome the Necktie killings were portrayed to be.

            I do believe DOOL flounders where ratings are concerned because people want to see stories about protagonists and antagonists. This show doesn't know how to properly build either. Hence why we have "best friends" laughing about attempted murder. I'd take dialogue like this from Kate and Vivian... not the "good guys."
            I totally agree with you about this dialogue being more for a Kate and Vivian scene. It is funny when it is between over-the-top villains like Kate and Viv. But when you put comments like that in the mouths of characters involved in seriously written murders, then it is not funny -- it's just in poor taste.

            And I agree, this type of "humor" is one of my problems with the show under this writing regime. I watched that NTK storyline from the beginning and watched the scene where Ben strangled Will (and in many flashbacks as well). It was not funny at all at the time. (I wasn't even crazy about the actor who was playing Will then, but I have always loved the character, and it was still very upsetting to watch.) Not funny then and not funny now.

            Comment

            Google Matched Content

            Collapse

            Bottom of Page

            Collapse
            Working...
            X