Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would Ciara ask Rafe to give her away???

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Ciara ask Rafe to give her away???

You would think that honor would go to either Doug, Shawn, Roman or Steve. I know Rafe was her step father but please. All this Rafe propping is too much. πŸ™„
    Last edited by prettypleasin; July 21, 2020, 05:24 PM.

She has said more than once that Rafe was like a father to her. The writers want to make sure the viewers understand that. I think Shawn should
    have been the one but any of the four mentioned would have been more appropriate.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rafe was a great choice too.

• Chris
      Chris commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought Rafe was a ridiculous choice with all the family Ciara has in town, but the thing that bothers me the most is that she waited until the day before the wedding to even ask him!

I do think Ciara could've asked Shawn to walk her down, but Rafe is completely a wonderful choice too, as he's been a constant, stable, loving presence in her life for years now, even after his break up with Hope. I don't see it as propping, since, like I said, he's been her loving stepfather for years now.

Comment

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ You are correct! I found nothing wrong today.

I have no idea why Ciara would ask Rafe, unless she feels that he will never get that opportunity.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, what character bashing? Tell me one bash that was in my little statement, please! Harmonica1985

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm talking about this entire thread. These threads get very old very quick.

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh okay πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ Harmonica1985

It's over the top at this point. Allie really hammered it home how awesome Rafe is. It actually started to feel strange. Shawn makes a lot more sense.

Comment

• pattybk
      pattybk commented
      Editing a comment
      It also makes sense to choose someone who's around all the time.

Originally posted by prettypleasin View Post
    You would think that honor would go to either Doug, Shawn, Roman or Steve. I know Rafe was her step father but please. All this Rafe propping is too much. πŸ™„
    She loves Rafe so it's perfectly understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by prettypleasin View Post
      I don't even watch but I FIND IT INSULTING and OBNOXIOUS. Not enough that this writer has destroyed any semblance of the wonderfulness of family, which IMO was what made the show great at one time; FAMILY: the Hortons, and for me, especially THE BRADYS. First he has the daughter of icons look as stupid as it gets marrying a serial killer. And now she asks a guy who became her "father when she was like 17 or so.....for a year or so" Her brother, her grandfather and Uncle are all available.....as is her mother. BAD WRITING. But that has been the hallmark of the writing for this show for a while now.
      So glad my favorite, Bo, is gone. I would HATE to see what would happen to him. Trashing characters and their history and their connections is the worst thing for this genre.

Comment

• Beca Drags
        Beca Drags commented
        Editing a comment
        I kinda agree dee2 about the scene of Hope giving Ciara jewelry from Bo. It really didn't make much sense that he would've had time to go out and buy those earrings for Ciara, when he came back, since he was already so sick, but I guess I can overlook that. I was thinking it was something Bo gave to Hope at one time and Hope was now giving it to Ciara. It was a lovely scene nonetheless!

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Peter decided to leave because of his own reasons. Days wrote it in a way for Bo to tell Rafe to take care of his family because Hope looks up to Rafe. I found nothing wrong in Ciara to ask Rafe. Anyway, it is what it is.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        He could have easily bought the earrings before his health got totally bad. It was a sweet scene that shouldn't be analyzed to death.

Her grandpa Doug should have gave her away. Or even walk down the aisle alone, this is the 21st century after all.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and she asked Rafe, which is perfectly acceptabke. It's her day so it was her decision.

Audience resistance to Rope and Rafe aside, Rafe has been in Ciara's life in a father like role since Bo's death in 2015. Based on the time jump, that is nearly 6 years and she was still a teen ager when he stepped into that role in her life. I think it's nice that Ciara has someone that she feels comfortable relying on someone for that role.

I don't know why she would choose Shawn. He has been out of Salem off and on throughout much of her life. I'm sure they are close. But he has not been a major part of her support system growing up.
      Last edited by rkm137; July 21, 2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        This says it perfectly!

My personal preference would be that the others would refuse because they don't approve of this marriage.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        She doesn't need anyone's approval.

• pattybk
        pattybk commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking about others not approving of a marriage, I'm sorry whenever the writers choose to turn otherwise interesting characters into violent criminals. Really ruins soaps in my opinion. Then writers have to face the wrath of viewers when they try to salvage characters and keep them in the cast, interacting with other characters. Hate that about soaps. Violence is not the only plot that we're interested in. Does death or the threat of it have to be part of every single sl?

it should have been Roman. I hated this whole moment. they just have to prop Rafe until the end

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was who she wanted and that's how it should be.

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why? Because he's biologically related to her? Because he's not Rafe? It certainly isn't because Roman has been shown to take on a paternal role in Ciara's life.

How is wrong, or propping Rafe, when he's been established as her loving stepfather for years now?? It's not like they just picked some nobody. That would be propping. Rafe's been a constant in her life for many years, so it's not strange or wrong.

Comment

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right? We rarely agree on much BD. But on this were likethis.

• Beca Drags
        Beca Drags commented
        Editing a comment
        It's nice to find something to agree on @rkm137

we may not like Rafe...but Ciara does.

And obviously she can't ask Shawn to give her away now...she's humiliated Claire.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love Rafe. I'm devastated we are losing him.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good point poster!

Because this show loves to prop Rafe. πŸ™„

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Harmonica1985 I know he was her stepfather for a limited time. She can love him. Still doesn't make this anything other than what it is- propping.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        JackandJenfan: Agree to disagree. I love that she asked Rafe. It's not like they ignored Bo at all.

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Harmonica1985 It has nothing to do with Bo. But, yeah, we are never going to agree on this.

she's barely been around Roman or Steve. Rafe has been like a father to her, he's a logical choice

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X