• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

Wishful thinking about Jake and Gabi...

I know rumors are abound re: Gabi leaving and Jake and Abby being thrown together (), but since none of that has come to pass yet and may yet be wrong or misleading, I'm going to hold on to my determination that Jabriela will be together.

And as to that, what I really want for them is almost certain never (or not soon) to come to pass. As much as I don't like Chad and would love for his useless butt to be out of the CEO position, I'd just as soon leave that to Kate or Kristen, or even a recast EJ.

I would love for Jake to be given access to his inherited wealth (Dimera, Alamain, or both) and decide he has no interest in the corporate world and would rather continue his current life with maybe the exception of buying the garage outright.

I would like he and Gabi to fall in love and maybe, his one DE act be to regain her company for her. That way they could each do what they love and be in love together and Chad can do whatever nonse he does away from them. Likewise, Abby can be happy and healthy or a nutburger, but somewhere away from Gabi and Jabriela.
  • Jj1701
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2012

The stuff about Jake and Abby is supposed to happen in the fall. So don't get excited yet.

Comment

• GHKissOff
      GHKissOff commented
      Editing a comment
      Why, would TIIC do this Jake is a great character, and Abby is toxic to the core. Put him in the orbit of the insipid wonder and the next thing we know Jake will be a serial killer, a rapist, or any other horrible thing to make Abby look good and Chad her hero. This won't be a new pairing TIIC want their Chabby and they throw all characters in their orbit under a bush to have it. Love Jake would hate to see him ruined to that St. Abby of the Perfect can again be justified in ruining his life as she's been justified in doing to others. UGH, can't stand her, wish she'd stay away, and far away from Jake all TIIC are doing is another version the horrendous Stefan and Gabby nonsense which was disgusting, mark my words Jake won't fair any better.
  • kahinamah
    • Sep 2019

Yes I want Chabby very very far from my Jabriella,

That the authors make Jabriella a big couple, that Jake keep his garage, and he has a part of the fortune of the two rich families, that Gabi gets back Gabi chic.
    And that Jabriella have stories, plots, problems and overcome this together, without Chabby being in the picture.

Comment

• Flowercity79
      Soap Addict
      • Oct 2017

i LOVED Jabriella's scenes today. I loved how friendly they were, these actors still got that amazing spark! I loved their toast and him opening up to ber about his past and always wanting to know who his birth parents were. I cant wait to see more of their scenes

Comment

• kahinamah
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Flowercity79 View Post
        i LOVED Jabriella's scenes today. I loved how friendly they were, these actors still got that amazing spark! I loved their toast and him opening up to ber about his past and always wanting to know who his birth parents were. I cant wait to see more of their scenes
        The moments were beautiful, I fell in love with this couple. The actors we had the impression that they have known each other for years, their scenes are natural, and not forced.

Comment

• Flowercity79
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post

The moments were beautiful, I fell in love with this couple. The actors we had the impression that they have known each other for years, their scenes are natural, and not forced.
          Exactly, so natural! They truly are perfection

Comment

• tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

Well depending how it's out for Camila, we will see. Hearing from one member here, she might be back in Chad's mix.

Comment

• GHKissOff
              GHKissOff commented
              Editing a comment
              Why would Gabi want self-centered insufferable Chad who treats her like dirt under his shoe and refuses to give her back that which rightfully belongs to her, AKA her company? She has zero chemistry with Chad now, and I can't stand whenever they are in a scene together. How I wish TIIC would buy a clue and keep her out of Chabby's orbit, but they can't do that because Chabby is so boring they need someone to bash or throw under a bus to make these two interesting which they aren't in the least, sorry not a fan of either insufferable Chad or his insipid loony wife.
          • prinxe
            Day Player
            • Feb 2020

I think Gabi is going to use Jake to try and get control of Dimera. Jake may have his own agenda too. I don’t think there will be a true love story with them.

Comment

• Harbor Club
              Board Regular
              • Jun 2020

That would be a great story for Jake/Gabi. Give Jake his due inheritance and let him have a more normal, non DE drama life.

Comment

• Fancy863
                Board Regular
                • Aug 2019

Jake should stay far away from Gabi. The way she downplayed Stefan raping Abby was inexcusable and an obvious sign that she's delusional, cold-hearted, and an unsympathetic wreck.

Comment

• Fancy863
                  Fancy863 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rkm137 If Gabi fell for Stefan then she's fine.

• rkm137
                  rkm137 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fancy863 What does Gabi falling for Stefan more a year later have to do with Chabby dismissing and minimizing Abby's actions at the time? Or really have to do with whether or not Chabby had any notion of considering harm to others at all? It was all "Well Abby was sick so it's not her fault and other people should just get over it"... I don't think Abby got over or needed to get over what Ben did to her.

Also, what-about-ism is not a solid or even valid argument. It's deflection. A person;s remorse and sense of right an wrong is evidenced by their own actions, not the actions of others.

As a side note, Stefan participated in the cover-up. But it was Abby's actions that made Gabi a suspect by donning a wig and waltzing around in front of cameras in Gabi's coat. Stefan didn't have any particular animus against Gabi, he just went with the option that Abby with her alter (born out of Abby's acknowledged envy of Gabi's strength and resilience) created. And Gabi still might have gotten off, but Abby's other alter decided that merely convincing everyone Gabi was the likely murderer was insufficient, she had to go to jail and perjured herself to ensure an not guilty verdict would not be returned.

And because Gabi believed Abby was her friend, that was the greater betrayal. Stefan was, at that point, just a shady new DiMera Gabi didn't care 2 thoughts about.

• Fancy863
                  Fancy863 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rkm137 Abby apologized to Gabi several times. It wasn't enough for Gabi and it will never be enough. Stefan didn't know Gabi well but how well do you have to know someone to know it's a crime to separate a young woman from her child without a thought to the repercussions. He even threatened Gabi with it again after BB took over the role. Being honest, I don't care for Gabi and I don't respect her especially after she buckled with her plan and fell for Stefan without even a hint of regret from him. It's a sign of weakness. As a Gabi fan, you may love it but I didn't.
              • Abby_fan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2015

OP, this all sounds wonderful except Abby being a nutburger. I want a healthy, lucid Abby going forward. However, I just don’t understand why or how Jake and Abby would be a coupe. What would be the pull for these two? And where did this rumor start?

Comment

• rkm137
                  rkm137 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Someone who claims to have an in or set said that there was something in the works with Abby and Jake getting closer. It has been referenced too by a few of the sites that sometimes deal in rumor as much as fact as well as have a history of exaggerating or embellishing the drama and import of real rumors.* There's been a lot made on this board and in the rumor rags about it being a potential triangle with Chabby. How much of it is truth and how much is speculation I have no idea.

I know Gabi is off canvas for at least a few weeks because CB was filming in or around February. I don't know if she filmed any scenes at DOOL before the shutdown. So maybe Abby and Jake simply become friendly as in-laws or maybe its a brief flirtation to set off Chad and/or Gwen. Who even knows?

*Think rumors like "Abby and Chad clash over Stefano" - and then it turns out to be a brief side part of a larger conversation and quickly resolved. Or "Gabi taunts Julie as she lies dying" - and it turns out Gabi didn't believe she was having a heart attack and left after referencing Julie's prior fake attacks. All technically based in fact, but wildly misrepresented based on what was actually on screen.
              • ckg1
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
                Yes I want Chabby very very far from my Jabriella,

That the authors make Jabriella a big couple, that Jake keep his garage, and he has a part of the fortune of the two rich families, that Gabi gets back Gabi chic.
                And that Jabriella have stories, plots, problems and overcome this together, without Chabby being in the picture.
                It would be the first thing I’d wish for. Chabby holding their own story without destroying everyone under numerous buses tirelessly like Ben, Dario, Stefan, Gabi, and now it looks like Jake is next. New Dimera blood that I can see Abby poking around with. I can only wish BB was back for CB to keep their fiery and chemistry filled scenes going, but I don’t have confidence in that. Another Chabby triangle is what’s needed for Chabby’s overblown and over exaggerated angst yet again!

Comment

• RickySpanish
                  Contract Poster
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
                  The stuff about Jake and Abby is supposed to happen in the fall. So don't get excited yet.
                  Even if he, and Abby have a thing it doesn't mean that Gabi won't come back into the picture eventually.

Comment

• RickySpanish
                    RickySpanish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is this assumption that they will sleep together. Just because there is a triangel of some kind doesn't mean sex is involved. It just means there could be tension between Chad/Abby/Jake.

• Jj1701
                    Jj1701 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course there will be sex involved. Just like they did with Stefan. And look how that turned out.

• RickySpanish
                    RickySpanish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I disagree. Jake doesn't want to be like Stefan. Unlike Stefan he won't be jumping into bed with Abby.. This will be about him getting close to her and chad being a jerk and damaging his marriage
                • Troy44
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Flowercity79 View Post
                  Sis oh sis, I don know hat to say this but this had come some but I... I... AGREE WITH YOU 100% like always!!! LOL Sorry I just couldn't resist. Admit I had you going for a minute there didn't I? Well if not a full minute then at least thirty seconds right? *crickets*

In all seriousness, I ABSOLUTELY loved the Jake and Gabi scenes today. I loved that he finally saw the gentler side of her today. We see that so rarely and just cant' get enough of it when we do. I don't want to be greedy but I just want MORE!!

Comment

• Flowercity79
                    Flowercity79 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    bro i too am greedy and want, need and hope for more of these tender loving scenes! When i was watching i thought of you and knew you would love it! I cant wait to see them at the wedding!!
                • Abby_fan
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

It would be the first thing I’d wish for. Chabby holding their own story without destroying everyone under numerous buses tirelessly like Ben, Dario, Stefan, Gabi, and now it looks like Jake is next. New Dimera blood that I can see Abby poking around with. I can only wish BB was back for CB to keep their fiery and chemistry filled scenes going, but I don’t have confidence in that. Another Chabby triangle is what’s needed for Chabby’s overblown and over exaggerated angst yet again!
                  Chabby made all the aforementioned people noticeable in my opinion. Ben was a dud before becoming the necktie killer. Dario was on once before and was sent packing to some place in South America with not so much as a mention until he met returned and met Abigail. Stefan came to Salem as Stefano’s heir and had never even met the man. That was a poorly set up plan from the jump.

He should have been Andre’s or Benji’s son. Gabi is only recognized because Chabby made it so. Gabi’s name can hardly be mentioned without Chabby or Abby or Chad being brought up. She left before and their wasn’t even a wimpier.

As for Jake, he is a clean slate, so how can Abby or Chabby ruin him. BB is a good actor, it seems. He can hold his own. And I bet Brandon Barash doesn’t mind working with either Abby or any other cast member.

He is a professional and knows that he has to play whatever role is given to him or he can leave if he has a preference of screen partner. But I bet he doesn’t. At the end of the day, these actors take off Days clothes and go home to their families.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X